[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink #2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chienne-Errante, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Test Taffies Active Member

Really? Over reaction? I think that if people tend to stay quiet versus creating drama here in the forums all the time and then when they get upset that they have a reason to be upset and that reason should be allowed to be expressed and it should be allowed without people saying... FORGIVE! Or having their responds be shut down because 'it not a bug!'

Too many times already I have forgiven the devs and their "little" things that have irked me. The various updates, expansion releases, tradeskills bumbles, the one expansion that we had to wait something like two - three extra months for the tradeskill portion of the expansion! The most recent, levels removed from harvests! Also told it wasn't a bug!

NO offense but really... the corral content has caused a great deal many issues. So much so that they are still being fixed! It is not something I'm even able to access yet because my character enjoys the game and goes at a much slower pace then the typical 'end' gamer. Oh not to mention that there are issues still to be fixed with it.

These things... after awhile get irritating, especially if personal play time is limited. Then a person uses their shortened opportunities to play to have FUN!

Because for a long time, I played this game a bit too much and almost as a second job, now I play for FUN, and with the removal of the 90% shrink, something I personally enjoyed for FUN! I enjoyed it as an adult, whom got her spouse and daughter to play for the fun of it as well.

I am upset! I have the right to be upset! I am going to continue to give feedback because I am a player and yes one who pas to play. Not that being a paying member, or life member should matter, as the spotted shrink bovoch is/was able to be gotten by all who play.

It should be given back to us as players. Bristlebane day is all about the silliness that exists, that is bristbane, aka a key in a vase, aka a 'Shroom tell us that the princess is in another castle, multi-colored horses/griffins and rolling polyhedrons! Come on, that is FUN and FUNNY! the 90% shrink completely fit into the genre that is bristlebane. It was FUN!

IT's gone and yes I am still reacting.

As far as your other commentary:

• The Corral content - I have no commentary for that as I'm not that far with a character yet, because being level 120 doesn't auto allow playing in it, one has to have finished the 'adventure' line and I've not finished it yet.
    • the free mount? Meh, we have lots already.
    • Overseer Fixes- Can't use most of the stuff received by the overseers and there are some many other things I would like to see done with them. Wishing one character could start the quest and another finish it. Its finished for goodness sake. I hate the constant </camp character select> doesn't work for me and no reason why. Also why cant all characters do the same quest at the same time, they each have their own overseers! sheesh.
    • Singing Steel Crates... sure a overseer given thing, once a week, on one character, gonna take a 'long' time to get something I want unless of course there is the marketplace, if you want to purchase more and I almost did, I almost spent more money. Right as I realized that my one FUN thing got 'taken' so NO... no forgiving.
    I've been off the game for a week. Thought I'd check the forums and see what has occurred about the situation. nada, nothing, zilch... all except. feedback, bug suggestions being shut down and people who want this to be nothing but positive stuff. Positive is great, and I've given kudos to the devs in the past and most feedbacks I've given in game have thanked them for thier time, efforts and talents. However... not this time. The corral when I get there, maybe, if I choose to come back to play. Will be fun I hope, in the mean time I will want my spotted baby bovoch fixed/returned to the way it was!
  2. Test Taffies Active Member

NO! it should be returned to the way it was! If the Kael... make the character HUGE illusion is allowed every where so too should be our spotted baby cow 90% that does nothing but shrink the character. because it was FUN!
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

((Really? Over reaction? ))

Yes. It is one thing to make a point. And it is fine to criticize the developers I have often disagreed with decisions they made myself.

It is another thing to accuse people of outright being liars when the situation is probably less clear than you portray it, and the person making the statements is probably not intentionally saying something known to be false. Someone can be mistaken without lying - happens all the time.

It is yet another thing to say the same things over and over and over. Even valid arguments get weaker and weaker when repeated ad nauseum. Once or twice and anyone in possession of a working mind will understand the point. I for one started out thinking you might have a point. And you may but every post it gets harder and harder to find amidst the vituperation.
    Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  4. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure who you are replying to, but since I started the thread, I'll respond.

I've stated multiple times that I don't blame Dreamweaver because he's just the messenger. I want to make sure that those who do call the shots see that this is something the players have enjoyed and their official story doesn't add up.

It's not just one person repeating a complaint. Multiple people have the same suspicion. Not just a single person repeating a statement ad nauseum.
    Cyrrena, Adene, Ratala and 2 others like this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

You may have missed my post in the other thread. I brought up the explanation that people may have or could have used 90% shrink for nefarious purposes.

Limiting the shrink to city or hub zones (including housing) would prevent the prospects of abuse. It's actually a nice compromise (people can appreciate the aesthetics when AFK but not liable to be used in combat, missions, or raids).

Edit: I am not implying that anyone here was abusing 90% shrink. It only takes 1 bad apple to ruin it for everyone else.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Avithax Well-Known Member

Other than PvP I cant think of how being smaller could be abused. Your hitbox stays the same.

I truly believe this was an accidental change brought on by either laziness or lack of resources when changing something related. Going all the way back to the original reitemization they have had a bad habit of shooting in the dark and killing the cow instead of the crook. (pardon couldn't resist). This happens when you have a team that works independently and poor communication.

Sadly reverting the change is not going to be high on their "give a darn" list based on their limited resources and vast library of issues to address.
    Cyrrena, Adene, Ratala and 3 others like this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

PvP advantage is a good lead.

I am not permitted to disclose how this might be exploited. It was marginally discussed in a now-locked thread if you wish to view the idea. (Out of respect for the OP, I do not want a thread lock).

Otherwise, they can make 90% shrink by installing city limits which I think is a great idea.
  8. Rotchi Active Member

Your theories clearly shows how little knowledge you have about EQ2 mechanics or EQ2 in general.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Not to derail or agree with Benito but,

There are significant ways to negate certain script elements through eq2's history by having a smaller toon. Now back in the previous days of applying these methods, it was viewed as "creative gameplay", no problems. It's like just using water to negate a knockback, or making yourself smaller to swim.

I would just call it smart gameplay. Not to mention it's easier to grab adds/target things when players aren't as large etc. I don't let anyone in my guild raid large because it's pointless to not make your toons half the size of any add in game.

Now that we can settle that discussion I just don't get why this had to be done. This specifically had to be fixed to not work the way it does now, there was a clear intention as to why this was changed. I don't mean to tinfoil here but, considering they sell shrink items on the marketplace, and the only other real way to get this small is with LON Cloak/Mystic Moppet & The Badge of Thyr/Kromise from LON. I see a pattern.

There is of course the Kael illusion, but how often do guides do that activity? Do people know?
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

So why take the shrink off this item, and leave it on others? As people have said, there are still in-game items with shrink available, and shrunken is shrunken. Are they going to be nerfed as well? Since "shrink" is such a nefarious exploit that it must be removed from one item with no explanation as to why?
    Cyrrena, Alenna, Ratala and 2 others like this.
  11. FracasKrusher Active Member

Dev PAWDNERS,

cut down the BARBED WIRE

and let the Spotted Baby Bovochi run FREE AGAIN

Take the time and RESTORE this back as it was in days past

It will bring a LITTLE FUN back into the game

YEEHAW
    Tappit
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

To further this, there are fights in this expansion that benefit from being smaller, as well as several exploits in raids that can only be done with a shrunken character.

Also, the moppet doll + [redacted free ingame item] get you to minimum size still, if the character is female.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Whether the devs were aware of this issue before or now - incidentally, I suspect they will be examining shrink items more closely (especially stacking since Spotted Baby Bovoch has been changed).

Everyone can blame me for the impending shrink nerfs. I'd prefer a level playing field for content and content to be played as designed.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You can't imply the game doesn't have an equal playing field when everyone has access to said items. Jesus christ.
    Alenna, Cyrrena, Adene and 2 others like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It's not access to the items per se. It's the knowledge of misusing the items for unintended gameplay. If some guild is using an exploiting strat - knowingly or unknowingly, that's not a level playing field. That strat is: (1) likely secret and (2) another guild may not want to risk suspensions or bans but is hamstrung by dealing with mechanics as designed.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't know of a single guild from when I played this game at high end that didn't play with all their toons being as small as possible for the most part. There is a reason Ratonga is the most popular race back in the day. You're grasping at straws if you really want to tell me that people don't know about being small.

If people don't know about this then they don't deserve to be a guild that kills things.
    Alenna, Cyrrena and Snikkety like this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

1. New strats will be kept secret - especially if it offers a huge advantage. It may be shrink plus some other stratagem. Of course, they won't want to share because it increases the risk someone will tip off the devs.

2. It's not what the players think is intended gameplay. It is what the devs think is unintended gameplay. Using certain strats and mechanics may seem fine for us but the devs can come in and rule against it. Guilds may not want to risk disciplinary action. This happened a lot in EQ1, less so in EQ2. Players in EQ1 exploited the Cactus mission (Fell Foliage) and many received 1-2 week suspensions; other EQ1 players exploited Kael guards for DPS but devs ruled it "unintended" on the forums and patched a fix.

Edit: Dreamweaver can delete this post if it violates any rules. I hope to limit my discussion to general policy.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Honestly I still go back to the original point of if this was true unintended gameplay and viewed as an exploit all shrink items would've been disabled outside of city zones or houses/guild halls.

Is that the case? No.

It's just one in game easily accessible shrink item, like I said. No tinfoil but, if it was truly an issue regarding exploits they all would've been hit in one fatal swoop at once don't you think? Instead we have one singular item that was easily to access that provided a large shrink that went against the cash shop mentality.

Once again, it's not a secret being smaller makes raiding easier, if guilds didn't know that on live; congratulations. I just gave them the winning strat, should my next trick be telling them how countersong works? (Assuming it still works on live (?))
    Cyrrena and Adene like this.
  19. floofloobunny Active Member

You are at it again to get this thread locked. It really grinds my gears to see you posting here again after you stated you wont since everything you wished to say is in the last thread you got locked. Now others are talking with you about the 4 letter word that was specifically mentioned not to mention.
    Zip it...shush...you said your piece on it on before and stated you didn't need to say anything more so out of respect for those who are following the rules just avoud this thread. We all know you want all shrink items nerfed and are proud of it.
    Alenna, Cyrrena, Adene and 5 others like this.
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

Making an item useless to 99.9 % of the player base because the dozen or so active players on a tiny TLE server makes no sense.
    Cyrrena, Alenna and Mermut like this.