Qeynos Mount - 2020 Returning Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by mDaro, Apr 21, 2020.

1. mDaro New Member

I've checked EQ2 Wiki and there does not seem to be a Level 1 ground mount in Qeynos. The cheapest mount I can find for sale in the city from a merchant is 4pp. I'll be level 100 before i have that much money.

How does a Dwarf Pally in Qeynos get a simple horse to travel across Qeynos on. Antonia Bayle server if that matters, not sure if things are different on the RP server.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What server are you on?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

The OP said it was Antonia Bayle.

1. Platinum is far easier to get than you realize. Check the broker for the price of low tier materials - it may pay to do some harvesting and selling. Better yet low level collectibles sell - go out and farm them spotted butterflies usually sell for nice amounts and sometimes even the easy to get shells.

2. The starter areas all have quest series that reward mounts by level 20. In Frostfang which I know best it starts where the boat lets you off from the Queen's Colony and continues counterclockwise around the island.

3. You did say you were a paladin. Talk to your trainer. Paladin mount at level 20.

4. If you are a subscriber you get loyalty points. Usually two per day. You can trade 5 of these in for 500 platinum. That isn't much in the end-game but for a starting player it is very nice.
  4. Ephras Active Member

Soara2, Cyrrena and mDaro like this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

Once you finish the starting quest line in Frostfang, you get a mount.....about lvl 18 or so.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, mDaro and 1 other person like this.
  6. mDaro New Member

Thank you guys I will head over and grab those quests!
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

there is also a mount for the timorous deep line if you are evil.

if you are not a premium member, you cannot redeem loyalty tokens for the 500p.

feel free to pm me your character name on antonia bayle and i can drop you some plat to get a mount, if you wish.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

You can get that mount when a goody too. :)
    The Darklight Wood one is the only one you can't get on a good character. (nice pretty dark grey that one is too).
    mDaro, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've gotten that one on several Qeynos-aligned characters.
    mDaro and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sorry, I missed that, it was a bad week.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I suggest to you when the next Moonlight enchantment rolls around get into the Fay grotto and pick up a stack of 20
    unicorn each brown and white they each last 12 or 24 hours , I forget but of time does not count , if your not level 10 by the time they are all used up I would be surprised
    you can also go in to the trend grotto and get a leave blown carpet all only cost one elemental token , just do the simple quest .the moonlight enchantment mounts are level 1 .
    by then you should be high enough to do one of the horse quests
    Or if you like tradeskills more than cutting of meanies heads go to Butcherblock Mountains and do the pack pony quest level 20 crafter .
    o yea pally mount and SK mount too from trainer .
    mDaro, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. mDaro New Member

So good news. As a Pally there was a cheap mount available from my trainer in Qeynos! I plan on doing the others to ahve some variety and see the world. The plan was always to go to BB and see the checker board and some old sites so that will be the first one. Finally Dinged 20 so the world slowly opens.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Wow, after the patch thing I am going to check if I have any money on that server to throw your way...
    Argosunited, Breanna and mDaro like this.
  14. Nadaji New Member

How do you trade your loyalty coins for 500 Platinum?
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

you buy the bag of platinum from a loyalty merchant in qeynos or freeport if you are a member, then right click and consume, unpack or whatever that option is it gives u to get the plat
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

k please tell me your name in game and meet Yoli at the frostfang sea dock please. I think I will be there for the next hour. Got 25k with your name on it, just need the name

Argosunited, Breanna and Nadaji like this.
  17. Nadaji New Member

Wow. Thank you. My IG name is Maiia on Antonius Bayle.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

k well meet me at Frostfang in a few min, I can give u 25 k too but was talking to Mdaro. I am on Yoli at the frostfang sea dock. Grabbed the money out of the bank for ya both. I am ftp so can't mail it. Oh jeez I think I am on the wrong server. Ok will check that one, I was on thurgadin i think. Not sure if I have that much on there, but will check. Going to need 10 min please sorry about that.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Nadaji New Member

It´s ok. Don´t worry about it. The 500 p bag was plenty to get me started.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, If you wanted to roll on Skyfire, I could help with a lot more. Unfortunately I checked and I am a bum on Antonious Bayle apparently with no moneys. Checking Halls of Fate and Majdul atm. K can def get u on Skyfire, thurgadin, Halls of fate, checking majdul now, nope bum on majdul too

I can help on thurgadin, Halls of fate or Skyfire

This is my ploy to recruit for Skyfire lol Nah for real I feel pretty stupid sitting at a dock on thurgadin for an hour...

I could PL ya to 20 on skyfire if you want to roll there, there is more population I believe...Plus help with a starter pack of bags, etc, plat

If that doesn't intice you, maybe this will help. Imagine a world where you start with bag space, a mount, you are level 20 with 100,000 plat. lol Today only though, I work 13.5 hour days up in here and just happen to finally be off after 10 days of working straight...
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.