[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink #2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chienne-Errante, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'll ask again. If this was an intended change, why didn't it make the patch notes?
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

Not the first time the patch notes were not as complete as they could have been if that was the case.

Look at the Thursday bonus - double xp and research timing. Half way into the next week and it never has been announced in either forums or on the launcher.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There does seem to be a slight overreaction when there are other shrink items like Mystic Moppet. If Bovoch produces a smaller model than the other items, then the change could have been addressing more nefarious issues.

There is also a difference between constructive feedback and outright calls of lying. People have to consider an innocent mistake [on the part of the devs] and forgive.

I think one very narrow "negative" should not overshadow several "positives" for EQ2 within the past month:

• Diaku Corral content (GU 114).
    • Free Mendalah Hopewing Mount.
    • Overseer fixes.
    • Singing Steel crates introduced in game.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Not good enough, particularly when some patch notes look like this.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-march-10-2020.593795/

I sometimes have to wonder why the devs of EQ2 need to be so spiteful towards their customers. These patch notes were right after the last time we complained patch notes didn't include important HIDDEN changes.

Did they really think anyone wouldn't notice the change? Do they just not care? Or is it another case of someone making a mistake, but being so stubborn they won't fix it and prefer to just call it an intended change?
    I know where my money is.
    Adene, Ratala, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  5. FracasKrusher Active Member

Devs & Dreamweaver,

Do you care?

Is this how future mistakes are going to be handled?

Is this fair?

Someone commented on this being trivial to leave game over this 1 incident....

But all the screw ups, cover ups, fixes that cause more breaks, lack of communication, lack of testing, etc
    All these add up, and erode away customers a small piece at a time until
    they find it is not fun any more and leave

Sad Tappit :(
    Adene, Ratala, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  6. Ratala Active Member

It isn't just this one little thing that has people upset, it is one of many over the past few years.

To take things away from players that they have worked for is a huge mistake when you add it to all the other things they have done.

Silently nerf the level 10 flying mount to level 35 because someone (one) didn't think level 10 characters should fly. That was from the Trakanon server and you had to be a paying customer to play there. I like to level lock my girls at level 10 to go to all zones and play. Flying was nice but yeah I got around that by crafting them to level 100 and then adventuring. I suppose that will be the next thing taken away since crafting is fubar.

Silently nerf 10% off our crafting potions in our veteran claims. They put in a crafting potion "Potion of Crafting Progress" lasts for 30 minutes and increases progress by 500. Great thing but half the time it takes two tries to finish a product instead of one. It isn't quite as fast as it used to be, I could barely hit three keys for updates and now I can hit 5.

Silently nerf things about how our characters play. Ok, I can play around that but then I don't raid anymore so it really isn't a big thing but it adds up.

Discord, talk about the death knell.
    Ban people because they don't agree with......
    Get called a dog turd.... great for a company and word of mouth
    Be told if you don't like it, go play another game...great for a company and word of mouth

Those are just 3 things that stick in my mind and it isn't a good picture, then add all the little things and it gets worse.

If they want communication, why isn't there use of the forums? And why come here and talk about better communication and then we hear nothing. This isn't a case where silence is golden.

Our forums are usually informative. At times we have a lot to be frustrated about and it is nice to come here and see others have the same problem and can discuss it.

We had another thread about this same thing. A lot of us had a lot to say and it was going along great until one person. It is a pattern here that he gets threads closed.

I figure this will be deleted, but I would like to know why Feldon's post was deleted when he said he and Massively were burned and now it looked like it was Niami's turn. This was a truthful post and it was deleted. Why? too truthful?

Harvest levels. Wasn't that a big forum explosion. At least they are back, thank you.

As for the Spotted Baby Bovoch, no explanation? No communication of any kind? Just one more thing that adds up.

One other thing to add in the pile....

"Don’t be foolish and miss out on this year’s events! Find Turry Goldsworth in the Enchanted Lands to begin your quest or visit the Jester’s garden for harvestables from other holiday events.
    Still not sure what to do? Niami has a great write-up over at EQ2 Traders which should get you started!
    Remember, the mischief only lasts for a short while so join in the misbehavior while you can!"

And then DW " It is important to note EQ2 traders is not an official source, so while the write up is fun. That doesn't mean it was intended"

DenMum was thrown under the bus.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Niami is married to one of EQ1's lead developers, Ngreth, in real life.

Pretty sure she can give the necessary feedback and "be heard." I wouldn't worry about her.
  8. FracasKrusher Active Member

Not trying to HORN in on this, partner..... but did you hear?

I was minding my own business, poking the herd along from Antonica gates to the north, when a blur went by me.
    It was hard to make out, just a black/white/pink blur, with a passing "MOOOOOOOOoooooooooo" as it ran by.
    Then I saw it...

A six legged Bovoch, stopping to graze at a farmer's field, then it ZOOMed off again.

I walked up to the farmer and asked about it.

He said it was his bovoch, raised with the extra legs for more boof (bovoch meat term obviously).
    I asked him how it tasted.

He replied he didnt know, then he asked me...
    "You ever try to catch a 6 legged bovoch?"

***And then Tappit woke up+++

Players please, if you enjoyed this dream story, please LIKE and POST.

Devs, if you giggled or smiled a little, remember thats what this game is about... FUN

Tappit the unsmall :(
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Chienne-Guk like this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

And been honest about it not lie about the reason.
    Adene, Argosunited, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is all of this and the changes to crafting and the advanced books not giving experts anymore. Does DPG care about EQ2 anymore is my question.

The only reason I worked to get this bovich cow for my ratonga's, Arasai, and Fae was because of the shrink it has nothing else but being a bovid cow and now you took the only thing that made it worth it and lie about it not being intended. This plus the changes they have been making in the philosophy of the game the last 4 expansions make me ask DPGs do you care at all about Everquest 2 or not? by the actions they have been taking leads me to think they don't care about EQ2 anymore or at least not what made EQ2 the game I enjoyed since 2007 where you could be a crafter or an adventure or both, and enjoy fun little things that were not game changing which leads me to think I'm seeing the Death of a game I have loved and had helped me through some rough times in my life.

if they are going to sun set the game then tell us so I can bury eq2 and move on.
    Adene, Jaeded, Ratala and 3 others like this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

it isnt' that that has us up in arms it was the ninja fix and then when someone asked why the lie they told that it was not intended when in 2017 it was clearly intended.
    Adene, Rosyposy, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

That's fair. I guess at this point I'm used to them ninja "patching" items (such as removing vitality potions from claim and reducing xp pots to 100%...) so it doesn't really surprise me anymore.
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

the deal is Snikkety Dream weaver was told that the 90% shrink was not intended. who told Dream weaver and where did that person get it from when in 2017 the flavor text we would get a 90% shrink and Naimi Denmum's site write up in 2017 said that is what it was so we have proof it was intended. and to ignore Denmum's evidence does not engender any trust in DPGs now does it.
    Adene, Mermut, FracasKrusher and 3 others like this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

I was so close to agreeing with you and then you were rude again.

I am aware of why you're upset. I agree with the reasons behind why you are upset. I am pointing out that their methodologies are unsurprising.

At this point it's expected. Move on.
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  15. dorotea Well-Known Member

I have no horse in this race. I have never used a character enlarger or shrinker and never plan to. Taking it away neither helped nor hurt me in any way.

It strikes me that the discussion has gone in an unhelpful direction. Accusing Frippy of lying just upsets him and makes him unlikely to want to be nice. Even if it is true. Especially if it is true.

Perhaps a less emotionally charged question would be why was it taken out? Did players object to seeing drastically altered characters? Was there excess strain on the servers? I know this was asked - perhaps getting back to it and away from "they lied I am angry I am leaving" would retain whatever small chance may remain of a rational dialogue.

If it was just some developer's idea and the feature was not causing any problems, maybe these objections can make him or her reconsider. If the shrinking somehow caused lag and degraded server performance perhaps you (if you actually believed it) would be less upset that this was a sudden takeaway with no apparent reason but malice.
    Alenna and Chienne-Guk like this.
  16. FracasKrusher Active Member

Come on PAWDNER

Put your BOOTS on, stand up, own up, and fix this

Put your BRAND on this lil heffer and be proud to make players happy

Be THE DUKE of devs (John Wayne for you younglings)

and FIX THIS

so we can all gallop off into the sunset...

Tappit
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  17. dorotea Well-Known Member

If John Wayne supports it - I support it.
    Cravaro likes this.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If there if something fishy about having 90% shrink in combat or open world/overland zones, I believe they could return Spotted Baby Bovoch shrink so it only works in City or Hub zones.
  19. Nunja Well-Known Member

I think the biggest thing that upsets players is the blatant lies or lack of communication. I have been playing since day1 and there has been so many things put into place that we were told would never happen. Like being told EQ2 would never go FTP but yet here we are with FTP implemented. SOE and DBG both went down the rabbit hole and lost the communication between them and their customers. While some things have improved communication wise there is still ninja nerfs which is really what bothers most of us. The whole shrink thing ....why 3 yrs later did they determine it wasn't intended?!?! Sounds more like a "we messed with the code and broke it" . The devs and the company are complacent and do not respect their player base as they once did long ago. I say this because of the statement they made about putting updates on test before live to work out bugs????? WTF the test server isn't something new and they should have been doing that all along and actually reading feedback and bug reports. Why are we now bug reporting on the forums too? Redundant if you ask me or they are just trying to make it look like we are being heard. But if we were really heard why are there still normal spells and skills missing from TS books still for 4 months now??? 4 months is more than enough time to put the spells in. Oh and the CSR now is severely lacking. To be told by a CSR that there is nothing they can do on a petition because they are hands off this expansion is very horrid customer service, ****MAKE YOUR PLAYERS PRIORITY AGAIN****
    Adene, FracasKrusher, Avithax and 4 others like this.
  20. Test Taffies Active Member

Agreed!