Charged Overseer quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkmyst, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi all,

I just hit season 5 overseer, got the pack and charged quest option. Also have heard of an NPC
    that sells charged quests? Doesn't seem to be the guy fishing on the dock in Qeynos, or did
    I miss something? Is that only at level 11? The tutorial script came up on an alt, and I missed
    most of it. I thought it would be accessible later. Can't seem to find that either LOL duh!

Thank you. :)
    Silk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

3. Soraia Member

I just unlocked the Season 2 quests and can now buy all my Season 1 as charged quests. Anyone know how many charged quests you can do at once? Is it just one? I just keep getting messages saying I've already reached the max amount of charged quests, but I don't know if it's bugged or working as intended.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

For me it looks like t he number is 8. I think you can have more charges, but only 8 distinct quests.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Yep, thats how it looks to me also. Be wise when choosing as it seems you will be stuck with those 8 and only those 8 unless something changes.
    Would be nice if they allowed us to switch especially for those of us who were impulsive and didn't know about the limit and are now stuck with missions they don't really want.
    Lateana, SynergyBlaize and Breanna like this.
  6. Gwynmara New Member

Agreed Jaeded - being impulsive, I now feel let down, I would have better rewards from my uncharged missions than I will now since I didn't realize I needed to be selective.
    Jaeded likes this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this is a bug. I'm going to report it in game that way at least.
    SynergyBlaize and Breanna like this.
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

It isn't a matter of being impulsive. Being allowed to buy them all but only being able to use a few and never getting this information in advance is simply a bug. Or a *really* stupid design - I prefer to assume a bug.
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  9. Malahk Active Member

Yeah, I'm totally confused with this. I log on this morning and can only do 2 treasured missions and 2 charged missions. It won't let me use any other charged missions as it says I'm at the max? What does that mean. Where are the rest of my missions? Can we please just log on and choose which 10 missions we want to do like every day? Good grief!
    Lateana and SynergyBlaize like this.
  10. Snowfoot New Member

The charged overseer missions is so messed up. Definitely needs to be explained and/or fixed too because it is pretty crappy currently. Frustrating when you have only 2 charged quests active, go to add another only to get that stupid message on being at max. Seriously this is not a good experience by any means. Not impressed to say the least.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

I believe this is a bug. There apparently was an undocumented limite of 8 distinct charged missions. However once you have scribed the 8, the only ones you can rescribe are the eight you originally chose. You can rebuy the ones you've already run, even buy multiple charges of them. But that's it. I think that it was supposed to limit the number scribed, not force you to keep them forever. It's hard to say though, because they had no documentation on this limit.
    Lateana, SynergyBlaize and Jaeded like this.
  12. Jaeded Well-Known Member

As I've stated in one of these threads regarding this issue, it would be nice if we got some official word. I know it's the weekend but this has been complained about since Friday. A quick acknowledgement that there might be an issue and they will look into it would be appreciated.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

This is simply the new mini-game not anything critical. I am content for them to enjoy their weekend. One of them did pop on today to respond about a feature in the new dungeon - although I prefer the overseer feature to the dungeons I can hardly complain about that sense of priority.
  14. Adept Active Member

The importance of the Overseer system probably depends on play styles. Since I do not raid or get to do heroics or PQ's etc rewards from Overseers is valuable to me for the 165 resolve etc upgrades.

I would hazard a guess that crafting was nerfed so that overseers would then help fill the gap between solo and heroic gear
    I also do not bother to harvest anymore, overseers 'rewards' fill my harvesting needs

Of course a lot of overseers rewards are not only meh but annoying, have endless books for mount gear but never seen a pattern drop for example. Maybe patterns could be rewards in season 2? Maybe the missing no drop collectibles could drop in Season 2? My limited experience so far however seems to be rewards from season 2 is more of the same, only I feel nerfed because I have lost most of my fabled and legendary overseer missions from season 1.
  15. dorotea Well-Known Member

Overseer is one of my favorite parts of the expansion and the new changes make it worse in many ways, They obviously need to take a look at what got rolled out and see what can be improved. It cannot possibly be working as intended.
  16. Naneel Member

To summarize concerns:

- Nowhere was it said that there is a limit to the number of charged quests that can be active at one time, but ok.
    - Nowhere was it said that you are stuck with the same charged quests forever. Would be great to allow them to change as player needs for rewards changes.
    - Would be great to have some indicator of the tier (treasured, legendary, epic) on the purchased quest while browsing the merchant

But honestly, just letting us pick any charged quests instead of locking into the first ~8-10 quests would be a 100% improvement because we only lose a day or so if we make bad decisions when selecting charged quests.
    Lateana and Melkior like this.
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

The locking into quests is even worse if you were late to the game and haven't unlocked all the OS quests yet. The only ones that show up on the merchant are the ones you had in the window when you opened Season 2. So if you pick 8 available quests, then later get a new one, you won't be able to run it because you are at the limit. I've said before I think this is a bug, and here is another reason I hope that it gets fixed.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Wait we are limited to having 8 charged and unless we choose the right ones we are stuck with the first 8 we choose from now on?
  19. Naneel Member

Correct. That is currently the way it works but we're hoping that is unintended.