GU 114: Showdown at Diaku Corral

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 10, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

[IMG]

On April 14, 2020, Norrathian Cowpokes are invited to a tense standoff in the Showdown at Diaku Corral. We've got a few new adventures for those of you with a cool hand, a steady eye, and a quick trigger finger to explore.

When Showdown at Diaku Corral releases on April 14 players will experience three new dungeons of content and quests! Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo], Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Heroic], and Wracklands: Showdown at High Noon [Challenge] with challenge having a completely different set of bosses from the first two zones.

GU 114 will also be the launch of Overseer Season 2. It's time for the Overseer system to head into Desert of Flames and start exploring those stories, which means more quests and new agents to discover. It will also introduce the Overseer leveling system, which will open up new rewards at higher levels. Desert of Flames content, for example, will open at Overseer level 11.

Finally, with the release of GU 114, we will also be putting in a gift to all EverQuest II players as our way of saying "thank you" for going on these adventures with us and acknowledging we live in trying times. We're calling it the EverQuest II Great Escape Crate. Inside it you'll find:
    A New Mount;
    A New Familiar;
    A New Bag;
    10 Unattuners;
    And last, but not least, a surprise! (No seriously, it's a pretty cool surprise.)

[IMG]

Diaku Corral
    Since the defeat of Rallos Zek at the hands of Norrathian heroes, the Diaku have been in turmoil, many turning to other gods or losing themselves to despair. But whispers and rumors persist of a band of the ogres that have rejected their brethren and moved to an island off the coast of the Wracklands. Recently you've been hearing tales of a Gnome looking for assistance in exploring this island, but the dangers of the Shining Mesa are many, and adventurers have been lost before. Will you brave the unexplored land?

[IMG]

[IMG]

Get ready to start stirring up trouble and begin some new adventures when GU114: Showdown at Diaku Corral launches on April 14, 2020!
  2. Doyus New Member

Any stats on this mount? I am hoping its not better than I have or I will be compelled to upgrade it.
    Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  3. Chrexx Active Member

Nice! Any info on class balance changes that were mentioned on the podcast? :)
    Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Obano like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Those will come with the patch notes on Tuesday.
    Doroboda, Cyrrena, Siren and 3 others like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

We're trying to let the items inside the crate be a surprise until you all start opening it in game, but I will update the post on Tuesday with all the details.
    Cyrrena, Siren, SolarFaire and 3 others like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

A wild-west themed game update surrounding some of the single most serious, dangerous, and seriously dangerous races in all of Norrath's history just seems like a huge April Fool's joke that shouldn't actually be a thing.

It's just so out of character. I'm sure it'll be fun, but just REALLY OUT OF CHARACTER!
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

I am assuming this is when the class balance comes in too? Since Kander mentioned that in the podcast?
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Answered it above, but yes.
    Cyrrena, Siren, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

great thanks!
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeeeeeeeeehaawwwwwwww
    Cyrrena, Carizia, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.
  11. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I hope you have a good Western type soundtrack for these new instances. In a vein of Ennio Morricone, Elmer Bernstein or Jerry Goldsmith.
  12. Gratouillis Member

Héhé what a good news !!! Is the " EverQuest II Great Escape Crate" once for account ? or for each character ? and are the gifts heirloom or no trade ???
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

So ready for this. It is a pleasant surprise to have this GU go live so soon.

Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  14. Laita Well-Known Member

Nevermind, question was already asked/answered
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Siren, SolarFaire and 3 others like this.
  16. Quillyne Active Member

Finally, with the release of GU 114, we will also be putting in a gift to all EverQuest II players as our way of saying "thank you" for going on these adventures with us and acknowledging we live in trying times. We're calling it the EverQuest II Great Escape Crate. Inside it you'll find:
    A New Mount;
    A New Familiar;
    A New Bag;
    10 Unattuners;
    And last, but not least, a surprise! (No seriously, it's a pretty cool surprise.)
    [/quote]

Will this crate be available per account, or per character?
  17. Ergos New Member

Wyatt Earp: Hold up your right hand. Do you solemnly swear to uphold... oh, this is ridiculous. You're deputized. Grab some gear, I'll get the horses.
    Dr. John 'Doc' Holliday: Wait a minute, don't I get to wear a tin star?
    Wyatt Earp: Not on your life.
  18. Azrael's Tear Active Member

Will the surprise crate be available for F2P accounts?
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and SolarFaire like this.
  19. Aylea Member

I can't wait!!!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and SolarFaire like this.
  20. faethies New Member

I'll be your huckleberry
    Raff, Cyrrena, Siren and 2 others like this.