Kander's Candor Podcast Launch!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o and dreamweaver , :) I's likes your voice .
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL he does have a nice voice :p
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yup! 3 is being edited right now and will have a post! Then you'll see a post for each episode like the one for 4 moving forward.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Thanks for this Dreamweaver, good to hear communication from the devs.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'd really love to see a better RNG percentage implemented in the game (why's everything gotta be a half of a half of a quarter of a percent chance to win!?:oops:) . There are lots of things I don't get due to RNG, like the key to the burned lands zones from KA. I tried all year long to get that key, and never saw one on any toon, while I watched someone else I know do it 3 times in as many months! There are things now on the overseer loot table that I've never seen since it's launch. There are things supposedly in the mission crates that I've never seen. Some folks have really terrible dice guys! Or like the bat mount from tossing pumpkin bombs during NOTD - I've watched folks go through hundreds of thousands of those pumpkins, and I know maybe 3 people with one. I don't even want to get started with adornment implementation RNG....
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Like that duck zone!!!
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

What Mercychalice said. The RNG tied to the loot tables is currently a disaster. People should be rewarded for the amount of work they put in, not based on some broken game mechanic that's been dysfunctional for years now. We're four months into this xpac and there are recipes, patterns, and other items none of us have seen. I have to be honest and say this is not creating a sense of enthusiasm to log in and do something.
    Last nite, we created an "alt raid" just for some fun. Raid mobs still broken..Rockjumper decides to run off and leash at least twice, the dude in Chitin Mounds was throwing the bomb out before the joust command was even done, and went to city for Tristian and that was a bust. Just now, voice chat is completely broken. The technical problems in the game are beginning to wear on people because they just seem to be unrelenting and frankly incapable of being fixed.
    I would suggest DPG stop trying to meet previous year's schedules and simply focus on getting it done right the first time with the resources you have. If you can't get an update out or an xpac that's actually tested and working prior to release, then don't release it.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Episode 4 question thread is where?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Gregore Active Member

I have a suggestion for tradeskilling. Not sure if it's already been mentioned or not, but here it goes. Allow crafters to experiment on the resolve of the MC gear. A higher starting resolve than 150 would be nice as well. I totally agree that the RNG stuff is un-rewarding/completely broken. I'll chime in about all the broken things in the game as well. I'd rather wait an additional 4 months for an XPAC to come out than to deal with the crap that was this XPAC's launch. This XPAC has so much unfulfilled promise that has been mostly destroyed by all the bugs/broken stuff. Pretty sure you lost a lot of players to this, this XPAC. Hopefully you can retool your staff, and make Norrath great again, and possibly win back some of the lost players. Good luck.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Jinksie Well-Known Member

A couple of my guild mates are hearing impaired. Will there be a transcript of highlights of the podcast posted? Thank you! It is great to hear from you both for those that can listen in.
  11. Venser Active Member

Can you have Kander explain why as a Scout in Kaladim TLE I have to raid Kingdom of Sky in order to get left side upgrades, whereas EoF gear is absolute garbage? No one wants to raid KoS, so just sitting in limbo until RoK because of the itemization of Flurry. Just add Flurry to the EoF gear.....
  12. Juni Member

Yes this!!! PLEASE! I could not hear those podcasts. and when you do your streams could you add caps to them please.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Desetibrat Active Member

Suggestion: If you bring those EQ gift cards back, you would get some more money coming in. Grandma gifts, etc... ;)
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea Walmart misses our busyness .
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is stickied at the top of the General Gameplay Discussion sub-forum.
    Carynn, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This post is better suited for the question thread
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

At the moment, there is not. I unfortunately don't have the time to do transcripts of them. I am working on it though.
    Jinksie, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Question thread! Make sure it's there.
    SolarFaire, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was thinking of trying my hand at it since I am stuck at home on furlough anyway. From listening... I don't think Kander ever stopped swiveling his chair in episode two... ha!
    Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

If anyone ever wants to volunteer to do them I wouldn't say no lol and yes, trust me I am very aware lol.