Update from the Team and Bonus Week!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 20, 2020.

1. draidean Well-Known Member

That can't be right for all the posts...I know we have edited contest rules and announcement posts on homeshow days, weeks later..
    But yeah it looks like here has been around a half hour for each of mine that I have noticed tonight.

Edit (lol): I just went back and checked the thread I started in homeshow for the frostfell neighborhood contest, and I can still edit the starting post and all my replies there. Maybe whoever starts a discussion can keep on editing but responders can't?
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's possible, it's on my list of things to look at. It's a per forum permission thing likely and those take some time to dig into.
    SolarFaire, Cassta, Marae and 4 others like this.
  3. Krogon New Member

Thanks dreamweaver and all the staff at DBG. You guys stay safe, and WASH YOUR HANDS!
    SolarFaire, Cassta, Marae and 3 others like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

mmmh, might need forum permission as an event holder or something. I can't edit my first post in "track list of advanced and empyral/shadow books on Test" and I created the thread. I know some people can edit first threads in homeshow. Might be even restricted to a thread even if it's not very likely, depends how the forum settings go. Probably restricted to some people in a specific sub-forum that can edit all their post, if it works like every other forum type I was admin on.
    To take the example of my thread linked above, I can't edit, Mum can't edit, so we keep posting new updates as we go instead of having a single post per crafter that we could edit. It's annoying (and yes, it's my major pet-peeve on those forums, run away with the soapbox before I climb on it!)
    SolarFaire, Cassta, Marae and 2 others like this.
  5. draidean Well-Known Member

Thanks Dreamweaver =) Certainly not a super high priority thing just a curiosity!
  6. draidean Well-Known Member

Oh my yes that would be quite annoying...I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been able to edit that initial FFNhood post because there were SO many adjustments that needed to be made along the way. No one would have been able to make any sense out of it with multiple updates across the thread. That event would have been a total fustercluck lol
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Gotcha, and this is true. :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cassta, Marae and 3 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the Norrathian Homeshow forum, we all have open-ended posts, time-wise...and we all really, really like that; trust me, it's useful->occasionally necessary... :oops:

On the PMs, it's like 5 minutes; anywhere else, it's apparently 30 minutes.

Uwk
    who can never leave well enough alone in a post... ;->
    Cassta, Marae, draidean and 1 other person like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

10. Bobthebuilder89 Member

Thank you all for the many blessings. Be safe!!
  11. Udonn Active Member

You should really start a new post, as many won't look here, assuming it's an old post.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cassta and Ratt like this.
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yippee! Beers and tater tots for all! :D Dreamweaver you and the entire EverQuest II Team are...well there isn't a word great enough so I guess I will just have to say you are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Thank you SO VERY MUCH for the additional bonus days. Now tell me, who's feet should I kiss first? :)

Testing a new shade of pink.
  13. Cassta Well-Known Member

I agree, EQ2 DOES still rock! I am homebound due to medical conditions and can imagine how it must feel for you. You are all in my prayers. I have a home health care giver too. I think Dr. Pepper and Dr. Bella should share some special treats. :D
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said Pixistik. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it first.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

What she said!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

Extremely well said Marae! Ditto from me!
  18. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto!!! I want my day back.:(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Marae.:) Just a question...we're supposed to be getting dressed? Doesn't this mean we get to play in our PJs? :p
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

I mostly decorate too and love that idea. Maybe a MP sale?