Fixed Internally Marketplace Gifting on Test Server awol

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Niami DenMother, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Issue: Attempting to gift on the Marketplace while on the Test server causes an endless "Please wait while your transaction is being processed...." message. Transaction never completes (longest I waited was 30 minutes on 2 different occasions)
    Server: Test
    Character name: several (Zatri, Pinking and others for me, Kasa has been trying as well on her characters
    Date/Time: First noticed and reported on October 8, has been tested repeatedly since then, /bugs submitted, etc.
    Further details: Once you hit that "Please wait ...." message after hitting send on the gift email, you are stuck with that message and the Marketplace window open on your screen, and they cannot be closed, moved, etc. At that point, the "solution" is to camp to character select in order to be able to "see" what you are doing in the game, which of course, cancels the transaction.
    Zynt, Carynn, Whilhelmina and 5 others like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Addendum: No custom UI was used in this testing

(sorry, forgot to include in the original post, and remembered it was one of the bits of info requested)
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This issue still persists today, DGCBuild 15001T

(Deermouse gifting to Miaous, both lifetime accounts, sufficient DBC to cover the purchase, etc. No custom UI.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Zynt and Breanna like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just checking in, since it has been a couple months.

As of Jan. 28, it is still causing eternal hanging when you try to gift on Test.

DGCBuild=15190T
  5. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Can't gift on Skyfire, encountering the same endless "Please wait while your transaction is being processed...." message. I tried it a few days ago, thought it might just be a one off, tried again today, same thing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ours has been broken for over half a year on Test. The live servers work sometimes for gifting and don't for other times. It is definitely still exceedingly squirrely. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Bunji Developer

Made a ticket to investigate this. I don't see anything set on Test that should prevent it, so will need to dig for the issue.
  8. Bunji Developer

Okay, I the problem is resolved now. I was able to gift to another character on Test.

Keep in mind that gifting on Test will not work if Live server are down for maintenance, for it relies on some of those backend hosts.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks sir!
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

Woot, thank you!