Update from the Team and Bonus Week!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So why is Public Test server excluded from this?
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Dreamweaver and the entire EverQuest II Team! :) You are lucky to be in CA and not Alaska or all of you would be getting big, sloppy, wet kisses. :p I have been waiting for double XP and am happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow! :D I know some players wish your gift was different but I hope they can remember...A bad day of EQ2 is still better than a good day of fill in the blank.

On a serious note, a very sincere, heartfelt thank you for appreciating and not forgetting us. I realize you are working from home and it would be easy to do minimal work and take a staycation. Instead you are demonstrating the endless dedication the EQ2 team and the volunteer guides have always shown us. This is our private fantasy world, our escape and sanctuary from the ugliness of the real world. There would be no EQ2 without people; people are the heart and soul of our game. It doesn't matter if they are behind the scenes, in-game or both. Change is constant and inevitable; change is growth not perfection. How we view it is our choice, however, when we focus on the past and present, we miss the future. It only takes one small positive thought to change your whole day. May all of you and your families (EQ2 team and players) stay happy, healthy and safe.
    SolarFaire, Rosyposy, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, what about the 24 hour server thing they're doing? That might interfere, one with the other. :-/

Uwk
    Cassta, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When SOE was sold from SONY to Columbia Nova in 2015, it changed its name to Daybreak Games. Darkpaw is a sub-studio of the Daybreak Games studio, which is still the company overarching everything (I would say, "Like an umbrella," but I imagine that'd be a sore spot for some folks, too...). :)

Uwk
  5. Lucyfur New Member

Many, many thanks for keeping the game going 'from home'. The bonuses are gravy - not necessary but appreciated nevertheless. If I am not totally out of my tree when all this is over, it will be largely due to you guys. I won't go as far as to say it gives me a reason to get out of bed, but at least I have something to do once I'm up and dressed.
    Cassta, SolarFaire, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  6. Marae Well-Known Member

Well, it gives me a reason to get out of bed! First thing every morning (except for getting dressed and then grabbing coffee while the computer is booting up) I jump into EQ2, harvest my gardens and do my crafting dailies. :D

And I want to echo Cassta's sentiments of appreciation in her post above for all those who keep this game going. I could not have put it better myself.
    Cassta, SolarFaire, Siren and 4 others like this.
  7. Amboo New Member

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already (I tried to read all the comments) however...will this development change the split days of 24 hour downtime for servers? Will this now be rescheduled until the pandemic has passed?
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. draidean Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update!
    Could we possibly get a currency bonus for people who mostly just decorate? Pretty please with a chocolate covered cherry on top?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That'd be cool, but how could the game tell? Level? Crafting specialty? Even my non-Carpies like to decorate, on occasion...well, okay, that "on occasion" is about as frequent as holding Olympics in North Korea, but it has been known to happen, every blue moon or so. ;->

Uwk
    Cassta, Marae, SolarFaire and 3 others like this.
  10. Perciful Active Member

A lot of us had raid weekly completed prior to the start of this event and we will not be able to complete this Thursday on Hall of Fate due to the round 2 database migration. Another week or even extension through Sunday would be very nice. Thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

No not at this time.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

I didn't mean for decorators -only- I just meant that double currency, in general for everybody as usual and in addition to the mission and xp bonuses, would be more useful to many people who mostly just decorate. The bonuses they are offering will not help me at all, for example, because I don't do BoL missions or need xp. Double currency would, though. So if they want to catch everybody with the appreciation bonuses, please also add general double currency. I'd use it for anchorage and BoL research =) An argument could be made for those being missions, right? =D They keep us just as busy!
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver, could we get this activated on Public Test server? Please?
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I asked to have someone check on it.
    Cassta, Marae, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

Hum I wanted to go back and edit that comment so it is more clear but I can't. What am I doing wrong? There is no edit option anymore...
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

You only have a certain amount of time to edit after making a post. I want to say it's like 30 seconds or something like that.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This should be pushed back out to test now.
    Pixistik, Cassta, Marae and 2 others like this.
  18. draidean Well-Known Member

Ohh I didn't know that I thought we could go back anytime. But wait, I know I have edited posts on homeshow long after that? When I was running the neighborhood contest...is it different for different boards? Or different for the person who starts the thread?
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I....actually don't know... I should check that.
    Cassta, Marae, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's working on Test now, you're the best!

*goes back to eating frog legs*

(you can edit your post for 30minutes tops, I always hated that restriction)
    Cassta, Marae, Breanna and 2 others like this.