How to level up now?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Finnya, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Finnya New Member

So my TS sig quest got borked due to me thinking I could do both adventure sig and tradeskill sig at the same time when the expansion came out (I know, silly me lol) and now I am stuck in limbo because theres no fix in sight and I cant do writs anymore either (currently on ts level 113). So what other options do I have at this point to level up tradeskilling? Its double xp and I'm hosed and as far as developers go, it'll probably stay this way because nobody takes this bug seriously enough to fix it. Any help is appreciated.
    Soara2, Bobbyknight and Semperfifofum like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

delete the quests you are on in the sig lines and redo?
    Soara2, Bobbyknight and Semperfifofum like this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Harvesting daily in PoP/CD is decent. You have weekly/daily PoP, PoM, and CD quests as well. All of those option swill reward much more exp than writs would if available.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Have you deleted both quests and attempted to reaquire just the adventure one first? And then complete that sig only.

What bug is it? Is it the one where you can't go into the Sik'Nar hive? I had that happen to me, I had to delete only the TS quest and it fixed that. But if it's something else, just delete both and go look at the quest giver for the adventure one to see if you have a "feather" available.
    Soara2, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

It should be possible to recover the questline. Sometimes you'll have to talk to a quest giver again, other times examine an object. Worst case you can petition.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I only had one issue on a toon and that was when I tried to do both adv and TS and hit Seru City to talk to the TSers. DO NOT talk to the little gnome because that causes Hilda to disappear and you're temp borked on the TS timeline because she's hiding in the trees. You either delete that ADV sig line quest and finish the TS or stop on the TS and finish the adv. But it's def a temporary showstopper. After running into that, I just did the TS sig line first, got the fly ability and went on for the ADV sig line. Been doing it that way ever since.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You can only do one sig line at a time? Really? Did this expansion actually get tested at all? Or did they just rough it together, and then give it to us and say, "Done!" ?
    Soara2, Geroblue and Argosunited like this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

There certainly has been a bit of rough lately. I reported this bug with /bug. But it's not the first time there's been a quest to quest conflict and it won't be the last. The wiki is full of situations like "If you're on this quest while trying to do this step, then you won't see X target" stuff.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That's true; I've encountered that sort of thing in the past before, particularly when an NPC is re-used in a different quest-line. But two sig-lines for the same expansion? That's just sloppy.
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.