Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

OK, I know I've been away a few weeks, but what did I miss? Who is this 'Darkpaw Games'? What happened to 'Daybreak'?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Adding a $2000 RNG mount and mercenary shows you all you need to know about the future for this game I reckon.

2000 dollars for a bis item in a 15 year old game. Come on man. ADD CONTENT INSTEAD.
    Dude, SolarFaire, Feldon and 6 others like this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

gu soon with more content though
    fabled something or other?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Company name change, and split into 3 companies. Detailed info should be in Announcements.
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Geroblue :)
  6. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Welcome to your new position:) I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to what you will bring to the table. Clearly, you love these worlds as much as we do, so I've no doubt you will do great things!
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I'll ignore all the rest and just say hello and welcome and good luck and please give me an uber BP. :)
  8. Cassta Well-Known Member

Me too!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, absolutely yes, 128% yes (adjusted for inflation)! :D

Welcome to the maelstrom; hope you enjoy your stay (and hope you like tradeskillers/tradeskilling)! :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, draidean and 3 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's a thought; I know there have been a number of posts requesting no new expansions until this one is FIXED. :-/

Uwk
    who won't buy this one until the 50% off sale, and then only for the decorating stuff...if it's not on sale, I'm not gettin' it
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That happens, yeah. :-/

If I really want something to still come through, I'll bold or CAPITALIZE it. ;->

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! On a Win98... ;->

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, draidean and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

None of this was her fault; I blame the devs and others who were in high-level positions before she came in to take over.

Hopefully, she'll take the "please fix ________ before adding anything new!" suggestions to heart. :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We're the only ones who get to pick on him! :D

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; with everyone battening down hatches and looking to self-quarantine, there might be quite a lot of volunteer opportunities... :)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, you missed a heck of a lot. Daybreak Games is the overarching company (which had changed its name from Sony Online Entertainment [SOE] to Daybreak Games back when SOE was bought up by Columbia Nova back in 2015 -- oh, hang on, too far back...), but it's been focusing its efforts in different sub-studios for different sets of games. Not sure what the others are called, nor do I particularly care, but Darkpaw is in charge of (at least) EQ1 and EQ2 directly. Judging by the group photos from that announcement, there still seems to be a few folks at this helm! :)

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, seriously? 20,000 Daybreak Cash? Might just be a Bristlebane thing coming up early... ;)

2000 Daybreak Cash = $20.

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Welcome back Uwk, you really didn't miss much.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just taking a short break from the Grotte. ;->

Uwk
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Spring has sprung,
    hopefully all viruses on the run,
    computer ones and others, oh my !

Darn it,
    even my new computer keyboard can't spell !

( I corrected the misspelled words, but not on the sub-atomic level. )