UI Layout Q for devs ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mingle, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Mingle Member

Is it possible to resize the VISUAL portion of the screen so that chat boxes, combat bars, map, etc can be off to the SIDE / outside the viewable portion of the game ?

Like how they intended in original EQ1 UI :)

[IMG]

Mingle
    < Rel In Por >
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

amm Mingle I never saw a screen look like that on eq2
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Ratface Member

If you hit F10 you can re-arrange all the UI elements.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You can rearrange the UI elements to the sides as they were in the EQ1 interface, but you can't resize the actual view window of the game. All UI elements will just be covering a portion of the view window, whereas in the EQ1 interface the whole of the player's view was drawn in that smaller window.

Also, belated gratz on your rez stick.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can resize the chat window and you can have all displayed windows see through even make the lettering bigger or smaller .
    But I might not understand what Mingle is really after . you can change the size of the hot bars and rearrange them too
    same goes for the slots in every backpack when those are open .
  6. Mingle Member

7. Mingle Member

Thats a horrible example. I'm going to try to find a better one, LOL
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you adjust the Letterbox in the Options window, you might come close to what you want.
    Tkia, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

All that does is cover the game window in black bars. It doesn't alter the actual game window itself, which is what I think he wants to do.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You can actually put UI elements on those black bars.
    Tkia and Breanna like this.
  12. Mingle Member

Yea, i'd like to be able to drag windows of chat / abilities OFF of the 3d viewable screen.
  13. Mingle Member

Also make the mouse pointer stand out more lol.. anyone recommend a good UI?
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Rayzor and Breanna like this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the options is a setting to use 'software cursors' and if you enable it you can then re-size the mouse cursor. But I actually found that harder to see and went back to default.