I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience for you.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why is this going through my head... ;->

"Welcome to the Jungle
    We got fun and games..."

(come to think of it, it does scan... "Welcome to the Forums"...hopefully it's not as dystopian an experience as in the original song! :D)

Uwk
    Cassta, Geroblue, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Prox Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver

Just wanted to say , I find you a very effective community manager . There is a lot going on constantly in the forums. Much is positive and good for the game . To much is negative for my taste. I have played since 2004. So I have been around a while, relatively new to the forums. I just wanted to say thank you for knowing when to shut down a post and when to allow it to run its course. Not an easy job , needs to be done though.

Really just wanted to tell you , we appreciate you.

Thanks for what you do
    Cassta, Rhodris, Siren and 7 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I second that emotion! :)

Uwk
    Cassta, Marae, Siren and 8 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I third this Public Service Message, nice going Prox!!!
    Cassta, Naneeje, Prox and 9 others like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

I fourth it :)
    Cassta, Naneeje, Prox and 6 others like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the jungle,
    we got fun and games,
    we can dance and sing !
    But not me, no, not me."
    Cassta, Prox, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

I also want to commend you, Dreamweaver, on doing a fine job as community manager. I'm very grateful for all the time and effort you put into the job, as well as your patience and your fine judgment.

Like Prox, I've been around a while (although not quite that long - I first played in 2012), and I am also relatively new to the forums, although I lurked for a while before I started posting. So while I'm at it, I'd like to thank not only the community manager, but the community itself, for maintaining a reasonable and pleasant environment. I've seen some online "communities" that are full of vitriol, where it seems no one has anything better to do than to shoot down the last poster. I avoid those like the plague. Here, in the midst of some very frustrating situations, and the perpetual pessimists notwithstanding, I find people who speak their minds with consideration and respect, as well as passion and good humor. I find people who support and express appreciation for one another. I have warmed to many of the personalities here, and I am glad to be able to participate.
  9. Lapidia Member

Dreamweaver,
    As a developer can you do anything about the cancellation of rush orders for characters over the level of 111? It impedes the ability to get the daily objectives. I have 9 toons and all are over the level of 111 in tradeskill and they can't even get regular orders let alone the rush orders. There are usually 2-3 way to finish daily objectives with crafting and getting rush orders is one of them. I would do a rush order even for the "craft 8 items". I need the rush orders for status as well as the loyalty tokens. I feel you have cheated us out of a lot of game play by removing that as well as taking away our ability to fly until we have finished a line of quests.
    Cassta, Marae, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Lapidia Member

I am a senior citizen (73 years young) and EQ2 is the one game I really enjoyed until this expansion. I have found this one very frustrating. The not being able to fly is the main reason. We had to earn the ability to fly in the first place and then you steal it from us. Shame on you!! I take great pleasure in crafting and building things and I need the status from the rush orders to keep our guild hall going. There were about 9-10 family members in our guild hall a few years ago, but I am the only one playing EQ2 at this time, so I need to make status to keep it open. Could you please fix at least the rush order thing. I really need them and miss them.
    Cassta, Marae, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi Lapidia,

I am not a developer on the game, I am the community manager for the title, but I can pass along your feedback to the team. Thank you for playing!
    Cassta, Marae, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What?! :eek:

Seriously?? Rush writs are GONE after 111? :(

Gods' teeth, between the lack of info on the harvested materials and this, they really don't want us to be crafting any more... :-|

Yes, Dream, please pass this along to the Powers That Be! :-/

Uwk
    who also depends a LOT on the Rush Writs, 'cause no one over the "age" of Tradeskill Level 15 wants to have to do just regular writs (and who likes being able to FLY)... X-(
    Cassta, Marae, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

Ok Boomer! Just kidding with ya, but in the mean time, if they don't get a fix in, make a new toon and do writs on that.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Uwkete, there are no crafting writs after 110. No regular and no rush order.
    Cassta, Marae, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bloody heck; that's what I get for not getting any toons above that yet, even in crafting; heck, I don't need any of that yet. ;->

I'll get this latest/greatest expac if it goes on sale in September, but I don't anticipate doing anything else with it other than just the prestige house and recipe book. Not even the mount is appealing at the moment. :-/

Uwk
    Cassta, Marae, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Algarrana New Member

I am a long time player who just recently come back to the game! I am very excited to have you as a new leader! I also would like you to know that this new content is very fun and entertaining.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

O MY DEAR LORD we finally got the music back at the log in THANK YOU.
  18. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto! Well said Prox. You have my gratitude as well!
  19. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto! Well said Marae! You are the best Dreamweaver!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

Big DITTO! I have the same problem. I am the ONLY member, along with my alts in my guild and really need that ability to earn status, especially when my escrow cushion gets really low. Flying as become like walking to me in the game as well. Thank you for your post Lapidia.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.