Not finding it on JesDyr's editor...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...or in prior posts (though they may be there, and I'm just blind; wouldn't be the first time), but inquiring minds need to know: on Groups, if you've actually Saved Group_A, for example, then Group_B, then Group_C, is there any way to get back to Group_A, or does it just go back to Group_C at the latest? :-/

Uwk
    who really, really doesn't want to have to save another 20+ items into a new group, all over again, when the old one worked just fine... X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got version 1.7.2.16.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The groups should have a drop-down list you can select from.

Oh... you DO have to do a separate save procedure to make sure any notes you have inserted and any groups you have created are actually saved. Whenever I want to save my layout, I do:
    1. Tools >> Save Ext Group Data
    2. Tools >> Save Ext Notes Data
    3. File >> Save
    Then when you Open that saved layout next time, go to the Groups Tab. The dropdown will have all your group names. Set a COLOR for at least one group and voilá! All your groups show up. Dunno why it's that way, and I sure do wish it would save the colors I associate with a group for next time when saving Ext Grp Data, but that's how it works ATM.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AH! Okay, I was just relying on the "Save Group" button at the lower right...okay. :-/

Thanks! This'll save a lot of headaches in the future! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.