Fixed Internally Work Order & Rush Order writs not working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wulfgyr, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance that the process of changing tradeskill profession can help you with factions?
    Changing profession is simple, but there's a big catch of course that you are going to lose almost all recipes after switch.
    I have done it a dozen of times and I have completed every tradeskill quest of every tradeskill profession so to speak.
    Now I am sage these days and I am not really missing my old recipes from previous times, I have plenty of new recipes.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll fix it. They have been quite blatant now that when they break something that hurts crafters, they just. Don't. Care.
    Morukta, Lateana, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Evguenil62, I know you can change tradeskill professions, but I'm a role player, and the professions I have chosen for my characters are IC; if I change one, it has to be for IC reasons. I might have one or two characters who would willingly abandon their trade in order to gain a few brownie points, but I'd have to give it a hard look even for them. For the characters in question, even if it would work, it's not an option.
    Argosunited, Juraiya and Wulfgyr like this.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

That's an interesting idea, but not one I'd like to try. I've got every profession covered by each of my characters, and as Marae pointed out, most are related to that character's background and "history." Plus, losing recipes simply isn't an option for me, as seeking out and finding new recipes is one of the things I enjoy about crafting. Since other players might be interested in this as an option, is there any change to factions when you change professions?

Well said! I don't do a ton of external role playing with others, but as I'm running around, I'm oftentimes telling a story in my own head. The profession's each character has are a part of them. Some of my alts were built first around adventure class and then took a supporting profession, while others started with a profession, then looked for an adventuring class (usually one that would help with harvesting.)
    Cyrrena, Tekka, Finnwizz and 2 others like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I grinded happily TS factions, the first one back when adventuring lessened it. I then brought one char in each city to get one of them to 50K. I would never betray my main and I would never change TS classes (I have all 9 on the 2 servers I ever played). I grinded for years writs to get faction for my hall. We got the ability to mentor down adventure to do old adventuring writs. Why the heck is there no way anymore to get TS faction if you happen to start anew and use a TS bauble?
    I thought this would be temporary, but it's not fixed yet and it's bad. Even having a single quest per class like with PoP would be better than nothing at all. And the fix shouldn't be "expand the previous tier quest up 10 levels" like with tinkering and transmuting.
    Lateana, Adene, Tkia and 6 others like this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You don't even have to mentor down for adventure writs. You can still do the level 100 writs at 120 if you wanted.
    Lateana and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Still not fixed. Apologies for not continuing to bump it, but it's clear crafting is no longer a priority, so I haven't even been checking.
    Lateana, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  8. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Bump. Yep, still not working.
    Cyrrena and Zynt like this.
  9. Daos New Member

Please fix this. We need high level writs to help in leveling our guilds/earning faction with our home cities and earn personal SP.
    Adene, Tkia, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can Craft Writs please be looked at? Can we have some word on this.
    Cyrrena, Tekka and Wulfgyr like this.
  11. Marae Well-Known Member

Chiming in here - I'd also like to be able to do writs on my high-level crafters, which currently is all but one of my 14 characters on two accounts. To reiterate the reasons (in no particular order - all are important!):
    1) status gain
    2) faction gain - especially critical if we change home city
    3) level a new TS if we decide to change
    4) loyalty point dailies
    5) I've probably forgotten something - insert here!

Please, please, devs, take another look at this, and give us some word. Thank you.
    Lateana, Adene, Ameva and 5 others like this.
  12. Fyrefly New Member

Any news on this yet? I just bought the xpac to allow my toons to go over 110, got one of my crafters up to 117 with quests, then went to do some writs for status points to pay for my guild hall and got that message:

"I am not really interested in a job right now."

I searched and searched trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any options despite the writ givers having feathers and was told in game that I just needed to go do some of the quests in order to open up the books and writs at my guild hall. Then I found this thread...so I guess that player was wrong.

I could get forcing people to go do a crafting quest line, but not having a way to do writs for status at all once you level up too high? The quest givers still have feathers over their head. This has got to be a bug. Now one of my characters is worthless for gaining status. I need my method of gaining status back!
    Marae, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Still listed as a daily objective and yet around 99% of crafters on live can't do them.
    Can we have some word on this or does no one at DBG care?
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can we have some word on when this will be fixed????
    Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and Rhodris like this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Still waiting.
    Cyrrena and Wulfgyr like this.
  16. Adene Member

--> 5) Tokens for City Festivals!

This may sound strange, I suppose, but this issue is one of a handful that are actively stopping me from buying the expansion. Not owning it prevents me from breaking my characters by accidentally leveling their crafting because that level range doesn't exist for them.

I've been absent from EQ2 for a number of years (yet in and out of EQ, so hey, at least I wasn't gone-gone? ;) ) What drew me back was actually stumbling across someone's fond memories of housing/guildhalls here, and I *needed* to go poke at my houses. I hopped on an old character, realized I'd forgotten a LOT more than I'd remembered, and despite wanting to play the rest of the game, not just play with housing, realized I'd probably be better off making characters on the TLE. Less stuff available to have forgotten, basically, but also larger volume of low-level population. That said, no one else in my guild on my not-TLE server has logged in for a few thousand days. I do have one friend IRL who came back with me (and left the choice of live vs TLE to me) who, had we decided to play there would be my only help at keeping the GH accessible. Leaving the empty guild isn't an option I'm willing to consider. It's *my* guild, its contents were made by my characters' hands, or purchased with their plat/status/etc. Frankly, it's not even accessing the functionality of the GH itself as a sticking point. It's largely, at this point for me, about just maintaining the ability to fiddle around with it and run around aimlessly inside it. As much as I'd like to see all the content I've missed, including the newest content, accidentally leveling my crafters past the level at which they can acquire writs is a deal breaker. Effectively breaking my characters by changing crafting classes isn't an acceptable option. A lot of time went into them, including recipe collection, and I have a lot of fond memories of the whole process. Those fond memories brought me back. Throwing that out as a work-around won't happen. I know myself well enough to know I'd just wander away from the game instead.

So, for now, instead of subbing my main EQ2 account (I don't even know why I made different accounts for EQ2 in the first place, maybe they had to be, back in the early days?) I subbed what was my main EQ account instead, since I'd have 7 free character slots (and I grabbed two more slots, because I *need* one of every crafter, even if they gather dust at the end.) I won't play unsubbed, whether I'm playing on a TLE or not, in this game or any other. What I will do, given sufficient reason (which yes, is entirely my own definition of sufficient, and ultimately isn't a particularly high bar) is sub more than one to play in different places. Please, remedy this situation, tick one thing off the list towards convincing me to sub another account, play my old characters, and buy the expansion. I'd really love to go back to berating myself for buying housing fluff from the market while having so much housing fluff I haven't used that I don't even know which character is hoarding any given thing. :p

PS: I apologize for what may be a disjointed ramble. I'm really overtired!
    Juraiya, Morukta, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Woohoo!!

Thank you to whichever dev or devs that marked this as "in progress."

The last week has seen a lot of status updates in the bug forum, and I for one, definitely appreciate it. Thanks for updating not only this thread, but the other that received some attention as well. Even if something is marked as "not a bug" (preferably with a short explanation, no more than a couple of sentences) it definitely makes a difference and helps manage our expectations.

Keep up the good work,
    Wulf & Myst (Skyfire)
    Longschott (Test)
    Lateana, Cyrrena, Marae and 3 others like this.
  18. Adene Member

Seconding Wulfgyr's sentiments! Thanks!
    /happy
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Marae Well-Known Member

And thirding: Yes, thank you!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

I used station cash for the 110 TS boost to change from a 120 armorer to a sage and to get adorning up to 550. Once I hit level 111 sage, I can't get any more writs and am stuck here. I've already done the TS sig line, so is there any other way to level other than a very, very long TS grind?

After paying station cash to change TS professions, this is incredibly disappointing to be stuck at level 111, unable to do writs to level-up. I sent in a bug report and a petition. CS got back to me quickly and said its working as intended on their side and included a link to this thread.

Why are they still selling the 110 TS boost when they know this is a problem? This is clearly broken and they should stop selling it until the problem is resolved. If I know about this problem beforehand, I wouldn't have changed! Please fix this!
    Juraiya likes this.