Paladin DPS

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Twofeets, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

I was saying the opposite. AB, WDB, WDB overcap etc are very useful.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  2. SynnikuL Active Member

Oh I thought you said you wanted ability mod on your jewelry so you could reforge that stat into something else.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

That's why we need gear with as much AB as possible, don't we? :) It is very useful indeed although in a slightly twisted way.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

I think there is some misunderstanding here :)

Yes we want gear with AB on it so we can reforge to other stats like DPS mod or MA etc :)
    SynnikuL likes this.
  5. SynnikuL Active Member

Ok thanks!!! I think i understand now - sorry I was confusing that! Appreciate everyone's info on here - great post.
  6. SynnikuL Active Member

I'm seeing in some other threads and checking builds a mix of having 2k vs 3k of MA. With my current gear running the reforge numbers, if I get 3k MA I can get just over 4k DPS.

Or I can scale back to 2k MA and have just enough for 5k DPS.

Which would you recommend? 3K MA / 4K DPS or 2K MA / 5K DPS?
  7. Noobless Member

I wouldn't invest in ma if u can't get 3k and 5k DPS min I would start with DPS get it as high as you can u can always reforge when u have got all the appropriate gear
    SynnikuL likes this.
  8. Sious Member

Also get a conji in your groups 40k extra mitigation is fun :D
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. Lionnhart New Member

Thanks Drona, respec'd last night and went from 1.5B dps in solo to about 3.80ishB dps in defensive.....this is really helpful. I mostly solo, and don't feel im geared up enough to do heroics, or raid. I feel i am a little closer now.

My question though, is how come there is such a huge difference between everyone else's WDB and mine? its not something i can reforge, and its not found on a lot of items.... is it really that important?
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

I have about 250 WDB solo. There was rune from last years summer event which gives 100 and the rest comes from collecting gear with WDB.

WDB is important but it will come with gear. You now have the correct AA and Empyral Rune of Expedience which will proc 100 WDB so when in combat you should see 300 to 400 WDB.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  11. SynnikuL Active Member

Got it - thanks again!
  12. Twofeets Active Member

Shameless bump...

Now up to 298 fervor, 170k pot, but still garbage DPS compared to similarly geared tanks. Playing around with a few AA specs, but not enough Ability Mod gear to get my DPS mod above 5k without giving up too much resolve.

(I have all 4 VIII's, destruction set, fervor set, expedient strike, reactionary strike, and evasion. If I get rage, ill swap it for evasion).
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Nothing you can do really to improve DPS other than getting more amod pieces and reforging into DPS mod and maybe swap mount gear to ability mod instead of potency.
  14. Rargo Active Member

I have been doing 12B and up DPS when tanking in defensive mode lately.
  15. Twofeets Active Member

Right now Im struggling with potency, Im at 4060 resolve but only 173k potency. Im fully planar infused, anything over 180resolve is fully empyral infused. My doublecast was a 70, but the recent nerf to our AA Legionaires focus dropped be down to about 65 doublecast. DPS mod only 5600 at the moment. I'm doing about 10bil in offensive stance against single targets, spike higher on AE fights. It's not bad, but again no where near what Im seeing other tanks do with similar gear. I understand we are supposed to be more defensive, but since the heal nerf years ago Ive found my SK's DPS helps heal him faster than my pally heals can heal me. The rez is nice at times, but I dont think they make up for a huge hit on DPS. I'm watching similar geared SKs do nearly triple my DPS.
  16. Observing Active Member

Main thing I see is DPS is low. I generally aim for 9000+ DPS.
    Switch ability mod reforging on charm from MA to DPS. Get MA from armor pieces that already have DPS.
    Accuracy is too high. Only need about 30-40.
    Strikethrough is too low. Should be 100
    Temp adorns to get CB over 7000. It's about +700 CB
    Chest, arms, and feet are not the ideal DPS pieces.
    Using Evasion rune instead of Reactionary Strike. How much do you actually avoid to trigger it?
    HP adorns on wrists instead of weapon skills
    Do you use snacks? (Broker search for effect 'snack') - weapon skills, spell skills, melee multiplier
    Can't see what mount you have or what gear it has. 11 x 700 pot barding = 7700 pot
    Can't see familiar. Should be season 7 level 10 common (3000 potency) or better or Eyeless
    Splitting cloak neck and belt over ADC, flurry, and WDB. Should be all 3 ADC or all 3 Flurry
    No damage type adornment on melee weapon (whichever damage type your group or raid can debuff the most unless you force ranged)
  17. Twofeets Active Member

Thanks,

Gear wise, Im stuck with what I got, but working on it. All my AB mod that can be forged into DPS has been, I just have a few pieces that already had DPS so I had to go MA instead. I wear CB temps except for the ranged slot, which would put me over the cap. I have reactionary strike, my raid leader told me to swap for evasion, no idea why, but can try swapping back. Mount is Dark Skygge, level 20 with the 700sh potency barding, familiar is eyeless level 7 (No luck on Familiars wild for a legendary+ new one yet). Yep, I use snacks.

Flurry is hard to come by, but Ive been trying. No luck at all in raid.

I'll keep playing with it.
  18. SynnikuL Active Member

Necro'ing this thread to let everyone know the new gear on the days of summer merchant has almost all ability mod. With mostly that gear alone, I was able to reforge into 3K multi attack and 10K DPS. This will be fun to play around with until new expansion.