Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside you’ll find plenty of holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar, including Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis, who’s looking for some help assembling an altar for the Duke of Below. And for those who plan on celebrating by patronizing as many of Norrath’s drinking holes as one can, this Brewday, keep an eye out for different bar bites to collect along the way.

New Features for '20!
    • TLE servers:
      • Kaladim - Find a boozy celebrator, the Brewday Festival vendors, in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District to obtain special Brewday themed house items and equipment.
      • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event, sent by Steinsister Daglara
    • Live servers:
      • New Overseer quests and Agents
        • 5 new quests
        • 1 new agent
      • New Collection
        • Brewday Bar Bites
      • 8 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell, including a new mount!
      • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XI" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft X
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning quests:
      • “Ale in a Day’s Work” - Repeatable every year
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew” - Repeatable every year
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
      • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
      • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable
    Please note: Brewday and Chronoportals overlap with one another for two days this year. Both will be active on Test, but for now it is only Brewday.

All of the scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (120). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content is currently set to run 03/05/2020 at 12:01am PST through 03/18/2020 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.
    ~ Kaitheel
  2. Erinna Member

I've crafted each of the items in the new recipe book. All the items use the correct fuel for the crafting station they use, and they place and scale properly.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Still wading through things, but here's the first ...

The Brewday Reveler's Hat and Finery are tradeable, attuneable. The Brewday Reveler's Cloak is no-trade.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yay I kept on looking at the forum to see if we get to start on Brewday yet :D

Kaitheel ? what other zones do we need on Kaladim to get Brewday ?
    I thought EoF would be enough to get this festival on Kaladim , the relies is only delayed 5 days.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could we get an option to skip Snoogle's texts please? We've been doing his quest for years and well, I never read the text anymore and clicking and clicking and clicking is annoying.

Could we get for Brewday a second vendor who sells only the new buyables like for Tinkerfest and NoTD, please? List isn't supra-long for Brewday yet but it's getting there!

They already found everything while I was busy cleaning my IRL house so I'll check scaling to 120. Let you know if I have problems.

When I zoned out of the bar, there was a ship in the trees outside of the bar. Giggle saw the same thing while going out of Qeynos. I went onto the ship then back to the ground and my char disappeared (I couldn't see it). Swimming to blackburrow fixed that. Niami's saying that once in a while the Kylong ship shows up in the trees outside of NQ. It's highly weird.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To clarify this, the above is the buyable trio, and they should be consistent across the three. The Brewday Reveler's Cape is the collection reward and also no-trade, so the cloak being no-trade as well is likely a copy pasta issue :D
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Gorowyn.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"Slabberjaw" Hero? -- is that supposed to be a Slobberjaw? :D
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Right you are!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

You say potato, I say... Oh yeah, that's a typo.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Pressed into the Brewcrew - Requires Kylong Plains
    Black Swill for Blackswell - requires Timorous Deep
    Ale in a Day's Work – requires Moors of Ykesha
    Thurgadin Ice Brew – requires Moors of Ykesha

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Definitely not this year, but I'll add it to the feedback for the future. The NoTD and Tinkerfest lists had become very overwhelming, and this kind of polish certainly helped with that. I agree, but it's not always as easy to untangle older stuff.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

No biggie, list is still manageable for Brewday anyway but as events go old, list becomes more overwhelming and way, the "new npc-old npc" system is really nice.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for the answer Kaitheel sounds like next year if Kaladim still is here.
    But please don't forget us City Fest and Moonlight Enchantment .
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I can confirm I've got Kaladim down for their first City Fest (Neriak) on 3/1 and Moonlight Enchantments on 3/20!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Let me take a look, I think I can add a few options along the conversation that will trim it down.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

"Hammer Barrel Chambers", zone for "Deep Within Hammerhall".
    I, once more, forgot to harvest the hammer. I'm pretty sure it already happened to me during previous years but can't swear it 100%. Anyway, I zoned back in to get the hammer but the last chamber was closed (and every NPC was already dead so I couldn't open it again). I used my instance reset to enter it again and I killed everything to enter the last room again, but this time, Brewmaster Thifgur didn't aggro and I only had to gather the hammer to be done.
    If it did happen to me during previous years, I never had to reset the instance. it was really unsettling to have to do that. Could we have the last room unlocked if everything is dead, please?

So far, between that quest and the "Rummage for Answers" quest, I only got coins from 120 NPC and bags.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

ooooh, thanks Kaitheel! he's driving me nuts! *hands out a plate of Dreamweaver's iksar gravlax (it's brand new! I hope you'll like it!)*
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The new prefix and suffix titles from this event both work fine.

Overseer series completes properly and allows me to pick up the starter again right away.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Caveat: I know this won't be fixed anytime soon, I'm just getting this in here so folks know it is a known cosmetic issue.

Since they've not done character art specifically for event overseer agents the new agent looks like a kerra, not a gnoll :D

(I love the flavor text!)