Request (maybe) Moving crate upgrades

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I thought someone last summer said they had placed non-placable items on book shelves in dungeons by having a floor piece under it. Then slowly removing the floor house item piece.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahhh! Well, not only might it be because it's in a dungeon (which has all sorts of different rules, not to mention items), but the "non-placeable" definition was, I think, more for the actual book shelves in question...the ones that are basically just solid rectangular blocks with fancy-looking borders, one of which is a trompe l'oeil of "open shelves" that aren't actually there. Probably because to do that would require the plain rectangular block to actually have indentations and such for each shelf, which would massively increase the polygons required. :-/

But you can do that in any house, GH, or dungeon, when the "book shelves" are being stubborn; I don't even mess with a floor piece, usually, but place the book or whatever as best as possible, then force-lift it up to a proper position on the "shelf," even though in reality it's just hovering a few "inches"->"feet" off the floor in mid-air (the PitA comes when you have to look at the thing from all angles and sides to make sure it's actually "in" the bookshelf and not hovering in front of it...). :p

Uwk
    who's just as stubborn as house items, sometimes ;->
    Soara2, Marae, Semperfifofum and 2 others like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This is why the Frostfang Sea houses will continue to be favorites among players. Built in shelves, no hassles, nice views.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D

And maybe the 2-room Qeynos places, as well... :)

Well, the built-in shelves are nice... :-/

Uwk
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I dont see it. Please explain how I can move just the crate . . . or is that not possible?
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

You cant move just the crate, it moves contents of house (i think) into a crate and whatever was in previous houses crate. I havent moved anything from houses in awhile so cant confirm.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The last time I moved like this, I went to the door interface and chose move contents (to a new house). The old house and new one are both still owned by me.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Can I. . say . . . save the layout and move to a larger house of the same style like from a 2 room Qeynos to a 3 room Qyenos and have the layout fill in the house that basically looks the same? The inn rooms are almost identical save for an extra room . . . so it should work . . right?
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

If the coordinates are the same in both houses. I have no idea if they are.

If not, you can load the layout and move items in groups until they get to where you want them.
  10. Marae Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe house layouts are interchangeable even if the two houses are very similar. I think you'll probably get an error message that you're trying to load a layout into the wrong type house. That's what has always happened to me (although I've never tried to do it deliberately; I've just clicked on the wrong file to load lol). I would say it's definitely worth a try, but I'd be prepared to manually decorate if/when the layout fails to load.

Also, there are at least a couple of different layouts of the 3-room houses in Qeynos, so it's possible it might work for one layout but not another. I'm not sure I'd spend the time and resources trying with a second house if the first failed, though. It'll probably be more efficient (and less frustrating) to just get the house with the layout you like best and then be prepared to place things manually.

All that said, if using a layout does work in your situation, I'd be very interested to hear about it!

And working my way back around to the original topic - I emphatically second (or third or fifth or whatever we're up to) the suggestion for a search function for the moving crate!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking back at this thread and thinking about this entry in particular, what a lot of folks do for things like armor, clothes, etc. is they'll frequently "dress up" a Mannequin in the items, then place the Mannequin in all sorts of positions: buried up to the "neck" (for just head displays), upside down ("I'm airing out my boots in the 'mud room'!"), nothing but the shield on the back showing "attached" to the wall, etc.

What I would've liked to have seen would be a Mannequin-like thing that would "model" the armor, clothes, weapons, etc. and actually act as a storage container for that bunch of items: i.e., TAKE THEM OUT OF OUR INVENTORY without having to destroy them, the way the Wardrobe function does now. :-/

Uwk
    Marae, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

Ooooo I never thought of using a mannequin that way - THANK YOU! I have ideas now... :D

And I second the suggestion for mannequins that STORE what they're wearing. That would be so helpful! You could clear bag slots and set up a fashion showroom all in one go! My tailor would be ecstatic!

I think I have exactly one item in a wardrobe, and that only because a) it was for a different class and b) it seemed like an easy thing to find again if I needed to. I like that you can "wear" anything via the wardrobe feature; I don't like that you have to destroy the item to use it. :(
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, me neither, which is why I've only used cheap 'n' cheesy stuff for those slots, and yeah, only for enabling a toon to wear something they're not "allowed" to. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.