COPAA LAWS

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Who was it that said, "Never ascribe to maliciousness what can be explained by stupidity." or something along those lines? ;->

Uwk
    Marae, Breanna and Feldon like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm ascribing their actins to both reasons. I'm an equal oppourtunity grouch. :)
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

YouTube was monumentally stupid, so Gub'mint decided to put the responsibility on people who have almost no control over what happens on YouTube. Also I think FTC is grossly overstepping its bounds by defining a cookie as "personally identifable information". That horse left the barn 2 decades ago. Websites cannot function without cookies. If a 10 year old goes to website X, Y, and Z, and then see ads for X, Y, and Z, is that really going to harm that child compared to all the other crap kids are exposed to these days?

It's like Coronavirus (COVID-19). People are losing their minds.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worldwide: 2,126 deaths, 75,779 cases
    Influenza 2019 USA only: 14,000 deaths, 250,000 cases

Coronavirus gets 24/7 news coverage. Influenza is "the flu" so it's business as usual. As Americans we get suckered every day into hyperfocusing on stuff that doesn't matter while missing the real threats.

Whole thing is a fustercluck.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! I can just see a bunch of headless chickens dashing about with that last... ;->

And, in the immortal words of Thor and Captain America: "Looks like they're lining up." "Well, they're excited..." ;->

Uwk
    really happy to have finally gotten a flu shot... ;->
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.