Not A Bug Summoner Pet Auto Attack

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Goezer, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

I wonder if pets other abilities are interrupting their melee.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

most likely explanation - Reaper / Celestial Stike / autoattack on non-epic pets is just prioritized to the bottom of the list and pets can't cast spells and autoattack in parallel
  3. Goezer Master of Crayons

This may be true, but it's not just summoners on here (tho my original post was summoner pets) some others (SK's) have chimed in as well. I don't think their pet has special attacks the way ours does (Don't play one so can't be 100%) Either way, hopefully gets looked into because prior.. our pets actually did auto.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

This is the highest voted bug , i thought the most voted would get attention yet this 1 has been left alone for a long time now
    Argosunited likes this.
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

yea this is a good question - does SK pet have spells it casts? the answer might help them track the cause of the problem. if has spells, doesnt really help as a datapoint. if doesn't - that's probably interesting as the place to look for the problem likely changes
  6. Blazen Active Member

Yeah add the Channeler to that list of summoners
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

my necro makes me sad now.

other pets scaled to 120, why not reaper?

just doesn't make sense.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

this would be too much class balance doing this for necromancers and conjurers
    Argosunited likes this.
  9. Myrkul New Member

i noticed this yesterday as well, in our raid. If a pet is not meant to auto attack - fine, not something we need too worry about.
    but i'm seeing - in an entire raid - nothing but the beastlord pet, and maybe teh channeler pet, hitting at all. all the pets that i can split out from the caster that have swings.. either miss or are blocked 100% of the time.
    Give summoners.. and people with ascension pets!.. some help please!
    Teletrium likes this.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The good thing is, if its not fixed by Tuesday you only have to wait 20 more days.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Is there a way to sort threads by the number of likes in one post? I always imagined that these forums were sorted by recent activity - hence the "bump" type of posts in the same thread... I could be wrong.

Either way - at first glance there seems to be 60+ "likes" on this issue dating back to January. How many more are required to receive some feedback on this bug?
    Argosunited likes this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Zeddicious likes this.
  13. RigglyBiggly New Member

I would love for this to be fixed!
  14. Sharann Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

Reapers and Planeswalkers should have a lvl cap of 120. We have worked hard for those :cool:

Now, from the latest patch notes:

Necromancer
    • Fixed a size scaling issue with the of the Undead Knight (Master).
    • Updated the appearance of Undead Knight V (Master) so that it is no longer a duplicate of Undead Knight (Master).
    • Updated the appearance of Undead Knight VII (Apprentice) so that it is no longer a duplicate of Undead Knight (Master).
    Everything that has been said in this thread is of higher importance than appearance and scaling issues.
    So please please please would you please prioritize those issues?

Thank you & cookies
    Sharann
    Juraiya, Marae, Beee and 2 others like this.
  15. Mcqayla New Member

Monday night raid pet crushing. Out of 700, 230 were blocked and 470 were misses.
    Not a single hit for the entire raid for my Reaper pet. And I have been told the level 120 Celestial Scout is even worse on overall dps than the level 110 reaper.
    Pet dps should be around 25 to 30% of a summoner's overall dps.
    As difficult as this may be to fix (Either fix the Scout Pet or the Reaper Epic 2.0), it still needs to be done.
  16. Occam Well-Known Member

I'm getting massively outparsed in raids by a healer who never hits any combat arts. We're geared at about the same level and all he does is auto-attack and cast heals. Summoners are supposed to be a DPS class, but with our pets gimped we're not able to contribute the way we should. Yes, we CAN parse decently, but to accomplish that we need to be geared FAR better than other DPS classes.

Hearing crickets from the devs about this, then seeing they took the time to fix cosmetic issues with a pet nobody uses anyway, feels like a slap in the face.
    Argosunited and Whilhelmina like this.
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

can you post a parse of this to back this up and so we can assess where the problem lies here, or don't post this type of comment please because this type of exaggeration is counter-productive to our cause. summoners have serious problems, yet the one you're experiencing is not one of them and not what the majority of us see. your claim that you're evenly geared needs to be validated. your claim you get outparsed needs to be validated - perhaps it's a 20sec fight where the only things being cast are ascensions, etc. perhaps it's a broken healer mechanic that instead needs looking into and not anything you're doing wrong - like channeler pets were going ham for a while.

i'll explain reason for my request: what will happen is dev sees your comment, grabs on to it mentally because it's attractive from perspective of "oh look no work needs to be done here" and conclude this whole thread is just routine whining and exaggerated claims by summoners that don't know how to press buttons
  18. Occam Well-Known Member

I don't have parses on this computer. I'll need to get them a little later.
  19. Tabri Well-Known Member

Last weeks parse the conjurer in raid is(Morrigu) the healer is an inquisitor(Zaidden) you can look up both of them on EQ2U for specs or whatever. To answer, yes the person playing the conjurer knows what he is doing, and no Im not playing my conjurer in raids due to the problems with her, I play my warden instead.
    [IMG]
  20. Goezer Master of Crayons

I wanna be like Morrigu when I grow up.