Fixed Internally Overseer's quest Fail at 0%

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Claws, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Claws Member

Time and time again I find that the Overseer's quest fail with 0% Mishap Chance. Today, I had two fails with the 0% Mishap Chance, one had a 50% Bonus Chance and was rewarded a collectable, the other was at 32% on a rescue mission from a fail yesterday and it had a mishap as well. I thought that 0% was like nothing not close to 100%. I run the 10 quest everyday and find that most days there will be one or two fails.
    It is like that if you are over the 30% mark on a quest it will fail, well that is the way it feels and looks to me. Did I miss a post someplace that talks all about the overseer's and the way the RNG works for them?
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

This has been mentioned in multiple threads. The issue is, we don't KNOW if the Bonus Chance and Mishap Chance are the BASE percentage, or a modifier applied to the base percentage. For all we know, there could be a base mishap percentage of 10%, and the mishap chance is added to that (from 0% to 22% or whatever it is for 10 hour missions).

Hope that helps, and perhaps the coming changes will make things a little more transparent.
    Tekka, Cyrrena, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Official information would be lovely.
    Tekka, Cyrrena, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

There's no way that the %s shown are base. I had three last night with 45+% bonus chance, one with 62%, and all had 1% mishap chance. I misshaped on all 3, bonused on none. This happens daily. My "RNG" seed is better than that.
    Tekka, Claws, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

If 0% mishap chance doesn't really mean 0% chance, that information needs to be shared with the players.

Otherwise it's definitely a bug. And it's been happening more often recently.
    Tekka, Claws, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I don't have familiars high enough to get 0% mishap on my main server and I rarely get a misshap (once every 2-3 days). That is from Test, running only fabled and legendary quests. So there's a problem somewhere. And I'm not asking to get mishap every quests, just so we're clear. But if I rarely get one with 2 to 26% mishap chance, I can't understand how somebody can get one with 0%.
    Claws and Breanna like this.
  7. Claws Member

I had to try this out so I went for a mishap with 5% bonus and 27% mishap and won a bonus chest if you can call resources a bonus or the collectable. lol. Now to me it looks like it is one big wheel they spin and where it stops you win or lose
    Zynt likes this.
  8. Prox Well-Known Member

My issue is the bonus crates not really being a bonus. 90%of the time it isnt as good of an item as the main crate.
    Same with fables and mythical crates. I get the same things all the time and none of it is any better then my treasured crates.
    Breanna and Claws like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Claws, it just seems like overseer missions are on one big roulette wheel. The familiars and mercs don't really make any difference in what percentage chance you have to fail or get a bonus it seems. I seem to get bonus crates with missions that it seems I shouldn't have and don't get them where I seem to have should.

My mishap chances are generally 1% after familiars and for the longer term missions, around 6%, but I get mishaps at least once daily pretty much. They seem to happen too frequently for the low percentage chance. I

pretty much just do the overseer quests just to do them but I don't expect anything great to come from them. If I do get the occasional mount/familiar/merc training reduction items, that's great, but those are too infrequent for me to even count on getting anything exciting from these missions, lol.
    Zynt and Claws like this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I really shouldn't get started on my thoughts about the Overseer chests. What a bunch of garbage (I'm trying to be polite here). Obviously the 0% mishap chance isn't what it says as I get mishaps all the time. I have 7 accounts and most days there is at least one mishap on every account despite having 0% mishap chance.

And once you get the bonus chests, or mythical, or whatever, much of the stuff is useless if you can't trade it, sell it, mute it, salvage it, or whatever floats your boat. But the worst of it is the non-rare mats. I got those for a 10-hour quest. I could have harvested them in the time it took me to find the 4 agents needed for the quest.

We are only allowed to be on 6 quests at a time, though accounts are allowed 7 characters. That means you have to log each character in; start the quests; log back in once the longest is done to finish the quest; wait for the longest cool down time; log in again to start the last 4 quests; log in again to finish the quests. If you have quests on 6 characters you have to log in characters 24 times a day for each account to get your eligible quests.

Many people have 2 accounts so that's 48 character logins a day. FYI, I would have to do it 168 times a day which is one reason why I'll be cancelling subs. Switching characters isn't easy, with all the kicks to character select or desktop, so I need to pare down active accounts.

I think DB needs to totally revamp the loot tables so that there are really useful rewards we can use. They also need to allow us to do all 10 quests at one time so we only have to rotate characters twice a day. They also need to make the mishap chance what it really is instead of some esoteric chance that only they know. These three changes would make doing the Overseer quest worthwhile which would be nice after I plunked down really big bucks to get the overseer quests on my 7 accounts.
    Claws likes this.
  11. Kashue Member

Someone needs to check my RNG for this xpac. My rolls used to STINK on everything. I always used to have to wait until it was an everyone "Greed" before i would get something special. However, now i seem to be winning the good lewt and this is the weird part; I have YET to see even one mishap from my overseer quests and i do them religiously every day. I don't even use the mercs or the familiars to reduce the %. I have never had a mishap.

Maybe i'm bugged... i should bug myself. Maybe i shouldn't have said anything... i'll probably get a mishap on my next overseer quest. <sigh>

Well, i guess i'm doomed now. Good thing i'm in the right guild for it.

DOOMED, I TELL YOU!!!
    Claws and Almee like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Don't forget everyone needs to "like" the OP's post if they want to see the Overseer quests fixed.
    Claws likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's not REALLY 'bug fixes by popularity contest'.....
    Claws and Breanna like this.
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

There hasn't been anything acknowledged as a bug or fixed since February 5th (minus the Maj'Dul thread Dreamweaver moved last week). Perhaps they (devs) forgot this section was here, and we should bribe Dreamweaver with tatertots to remind them to check it at least weekly? :p
    Claws and Zynt like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

You send the tatertots, I'll send the chocolate truffles ;)
    Claws, Zynt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

Yep. That seems to be what this game has come down to. If a "bug" doesn't get a lot of "likes" it is sent to the bottom of the stack for some non-paid intern to fix. It staggers the mind but I guess when you don't have the manpower you need you have to triage bugs. I just bought ESO, a couple of days ago, so I'm almost to the point where I don't care anymore. I only play (unless I'm laid up in bed) from September to March or early April, so I don't have that much longer to go anyway. Of course weather could change that, but it looks like an early spring, so hopefully I'll be out in the world again soon, soaking up rays, rather than being frustrated out of my mind trying to play this game.
    Claws likes this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

With you, Almee (and hope you're feeling a li'l better). I got a different game, but it's definitely a li'l bittersweet. Was going through some of my stuff earlier - little disappointed that it's already time to take a step back after returning what feels like just a few weeks ago. Got a couple more weeks to get things tidied up and then I'll be on F2P, so I can still touch base with folks every now and then.

[IMG]
    Claws and Zynt like this.
  18. Jaeded Well-Known Member

ok, maybe I'm missing something but I get 10 quests period per account, not per character so I'm not following all this logging into each character. Like I said though maybe I am misunderstanding....
    Claws likes this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

If each character gets one quest, (assuming an account with 6 characters) then you would need to log in the number of times I stated. Of course you could load up a character with more than one quest if you had the agents, mercs, and familiars available. I've only recently gotten enough agents to be able to do a couple of quests, per character, which does lessen the login load.

It seems that it doesn't matter which agents you use, which makes no sense, but I've done the quests with the correct agents and with trash agents with equal success. I'm guessing mishaps are strictly a RNG mechanic that has nothing to do with whether you use the optimum agent(s), merc, and familiar.
    Claws likes this.
  20. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying. I'm with you on the rest, doesn't really seem to matter who you send. In theory the more traits you match with the overseers and the higher level (celestial, fabled, legendary etc.) of the merc & familiar the better chance for a bonus crate and lesser chance for a mishap respectively. However I don't think think the percentages are accurate and as someone else previously said these might just be modifiers of the base percentages which are not published.
    Claws likes this.