Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSP84 Well-Known Member

This change might work if player can send a /copy of their mains to the test server, stuff is tested and the quality enhances.

As Player simply don't trust DBG/Darkpaw anymore this will only work in conjunction with a schedule/timeframe/roadmap where this fixes will be in the longterm but also the visions for crafting, class balance and creative and engaging content.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Game seams to be down , but the Public Test server is up
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

Things should have always gone to test before going to the live servers in the first place.

I was on beta you all didnt even let the beta run long enough for everything to be tested, nor did you listen to us regarding a lot of the problems before you launched. I was just assuming someone maybe high up pressured you into launching this expac too early. I do hope from now on you put everything on test first thats the way it should be and should have always been and if your going to run a beta run it all the way through and listen to us about things that are not working and fix them BEFORE GOING TO LIVE.
  4. Laaw Well-Known Member

why no notification about down time today?
    Cyrrena and Jughudo like this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

6. Rebelde Active Member

It was in game. No patch notes because is not a patch, just a server reset. You can check the server status here:
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/status#eq2
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Does anyone else remember when players used to get cool stuff (baubles, special mount skins) for testing new content for The Team?

Maybe something like that would be in order to at least have a chance to get enough people over on Test to, you know, test - whether they bring Test Copy back or not.
    Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

Yes, Schmetterling, the game is down. They announced it in game this morning, in the usual fashion (starting two hours beforehand), which surprised me, but I'm not complaining. Dreamweaver did say they were not precluding additional maintenance downtime for emergencies, after all, and I would expect even non-emergency downtime to be utilized when needed.

Some people see this new schedule as a bad sign; others welcome it as a positive change with great potential to make the game better. I fall into the latter category. I think I have only been on Test once some years ago, but I might trot in there at some point to help out, especially if the gearing/leveling issues testers are reporting get resolved. These days I don't feel up to leveling another toon, on Test or anywhere else, for that matter. That said, my heartfelt appreciation goes out those who do take the time and make the effort to help improve the game by testing.

I also want to thank the devs for fixing several major issues that plagued me (and others) for weeks after the expansion went live. Chief among those was the housing portals issue. I am very, very grateful that that was resolved! It took two months, but it did get done properly, and I am thankful for that.

And I especially want to thank Dreamweaver for being such a good community liaison. I am impressed by his patience and reserve, especially considering some of the nasty things people have been saying about his employers and co-workers. I know that he cares about them, because not long ago he did speak out passionately to let us know that they do care, about the game and about the players. I believe him. I may not always agree with decisions regarding the game (and I have to say it - I am one of the ones who desperately wants the harvest tier information put back), but I do believe that they are trying do right by it, and by us.
    Cyrrena, Jaeded, Siren and 4 others like this.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Any chance Dreamweaver of posting a breakdown of the proposed schedule of fixes/balance issues/TS/etc. the Devs have on their plate and the rough idea when they will be addressed. I understand time frames change due to creeping issues but I think giving us a rough layout of the Dev teams agenda will go along way to mellow out if possible the community. As Kander was always found of saying to myself and others communication is key and we need to do better...and that's back in ToV days. As for the TLE crew chill out and sit in the corner y'all acting like there has never been a delay in content release...it sucks we get it.

As for the propensity of bugs currently and people griping they were not tested I share the anger and frustration however, I was told a number of years ago directly by a few Devs one of the main reasons bugs slip in to the Live server is Beta/Test servers are not true representations of live and what may work "normally" on them does not always work "normally" on live. As I said it's been a number of years since I was told that but I'd venture to say that's still the case. BTW that doesn't take into consideration lack of proper testing or a failure on the Dev teams part of listening to the community on feedback on those servers.ehich also adds to the clusterfark.
    Cyrrena, Jaeded, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  10. DCCORP New Member

I don’t understand why the dev's hate us, the players - who pay them money. Perhaps, I stop doing this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Thanks for letting us know.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

All of this! Well said Marae, and I agree completely. It's been a bit of a rocky patch these past few weeks, and I think that was just the foothills compared to the mountain of reaction this is generating. Thanks Dreamweaver- you were a big help when I was trying to recover my accounts last year, even if it was just to listen to my story. I don't always agree with the decisions or policies that you have to communicate to us, but I appreciate the care and manner in which you do so. I wish nothing but the best for you, and hope you are still finding time to smile.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Siren and 3 others like this.
  13. Zorkess New Member

As long as Devs try the updates on the test servers before pushing, this would be great. may i suggest you ask a group of well known players to proper test updates. These peeps will i am sure give you the feedback and suggestions on improving the game play. As clearly the Devs are struggling with the mechanics of the game. Hopefully you have some bright programmers who really do appricieate the game for what it is, after all we are paying for the supply of a finshed game not a part finished game.

I`m sure you will iron out the problems the game has.
  14. Whitewolf6969 Member

For me...It's Crafting :)
    Pixistik likes this.
  15. Juok Member

Okay you posted this yesterday, yet you take all the servers offline today without a peep? What gives?
  16. Whitewolf6969 Member

I miss the old RPG Days where you actually had to earn your loot by fighting in game :). I am a old EQer from waaaaaaaay back when you did not get to "twink out" and hop/skip/hover around. You walked it all. What happened to a good Plot and Story based game :) #OldTimer;). Not to say this is not fun, I am just dead broke and in too deep of debt due to medical conditions.
    Cyrrena and Jaeded like this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

A weekly patch is a bit excessive regardless of one's vision for the game. Think about all of the wasted overhead (procedural) time prepared for even a minor patch instead of substantive issues or content.

EQ1 has a monthly patch with hot fixes as needed and that game is still going very strong.

EQ1 & EQ2 used to release expansions every 6 months. I bet it was 'doom and gloom' when they first announced the expansion cycle change.

This is a relatively minor and reasonable update. Someone is spreading false information that the patch is bimonthly (every 2 months) and not biweekly (every 2 weeks).
    SynergyBlaize and Daalilama like this.
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Also, there were frequent announcements of the server coming down for basic maintanence up to 2 hours before they came down.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kuulei like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a "raid force" on Public Test since 2007 when they were tossed aside because we just didn't have more than 20 "raiders" by that time in the game and we' were unable to clear EoF raid content. :(

They then introduced "Test Copy" which allowed an actual raid guild to be copied there for testing purposes. Unfortunately it was short-lived as the community wasn't thrilled about that and those that copied over did minimal / specific testing and disappeared.

So only non-raid changes can be 'tested' on Public Test. Most of the fixes in the last patch to Public Test can be verified with the exception of:
    BLOOD OF LUCLIN RAIDS
    • Raid zones have been separated into normal mode and challenge mode zones with their own respective lockout. Due to this, players will only be given one choice when they enter the zone as far as setting difficulty. How the zones are accessed has not changed nor has entrance requirements.
    • Many raid encounters have been rebalanced using a much more reliable stat package. This could cause fluctuations in health and damage output. Any encounters that are found to be either too difficult or buffs aren't applied will be quickly fixed without needing an update. Feel fre to /bug anything you feel might be a bug with these changes.
    • Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Raid]
      • Each time Lord Triskian Seru is defeated he will now drop 3 of his swords needed for the quest "Ley of the Land: The Nature of Shadows"
    ITEMS
    • Tier 3 raid armor patterns may now be purchased once the account has purchased either tier 1 or tier 2 raid armor of the same slot.
    It's a start at least? I don't see how raid changes can be tested there without some raiding guilds crying 'foul' if they were to allow copies because it may give an unfair advantage with strategy learned on Public Test and used on Live.
    Cyrrena, Elyria, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]

What happen to only the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays? You know the reason you gave for the delayed launch of EoF on Kaladim?
    Cyrrena likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.