Larger Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by AOE1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That was in my original suggestion was to let us craft an additional tab or two and then sell us any extras after that like the wardrobe combined with house expanders.
    AOE1, Soara2, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sounds like we need a scroll depot that players can make , like the other personal depots
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Correct, there was no warning I already owned one on that character.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nice racket for them, even if does smack of false advertising or something... :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Support did give the house to a character on that account that didn't have Mistmoore. So all is good.

I said somewhere around here that I have all my houses on one tab of my spreadsheet, so I can check on them so I don't make the same mistake.

My keyboard is falling apart. $12 keyboards used to last longer than 6 months. Argh. ( Yes folks I have canned air and I do hold it upside down and shake it to remove food particlaes... Yes, I eat while gaming. Doesn't everyone ? )
    Hartsmith, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, no. For one thing, I bet you don't SANITIZE your probably really disgusting keyboard surface. Better not lick your fingers... ;->

And I'm using a keyboard right now (a Kensington) that was probably around $10 when we got it, but we've had it for so long, the S, H, N, and M keys are completely worn away, white ink-wise, and even the indentations where the ink or paint or whatever it was are now smoothing out. ;->

So, we'll probably have to get a new 'board soon; I'm thinking Kensington again (unless they've gone downhill in recent years). :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

There is no crud on my keyboard keys... but likley inside the keyboard.

I do once in a while wipe my keys with an alcohol wipe. They are never sticky. I eat peanuts and crackers while I game. Occasionaly chocolate, but never sticky sweets.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

That's funny Uwk, I have a microsoft keyboard (I KNOW) but my left and right arrow keys are free of paint as well as the K and L buttons. Some of the other letters like A and S and E are on their way out too. But the keyboard (knock on wood) is still going strong.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter; there's a thing called "bio-film," no matter what kind of residue is left on a hard, solid surface. It's the way bacteria have of protecting themselves from the elements. ;->

Not so much against rubbing alcohol, thank the gods, but apparently, that's not true any more, what with the influx of hand sanitizers; it seems the bugs aren't just getting immune to the antibiotics in them, but the ALCOHOL as well... :eek:

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mine too, though I should take a page from Gero's book and clean it out once in awhile. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I hold mine upside down and shake it. But I don't need to play 'Shake it Up' by The Cars while doing so.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Most of my keys were blank on my MS keyboard it was so old. I used liquid paper and repainted them. That lasted about a year before I had to redo them. I painted them before I went to try and sleep so it had time to dry for a couple of hours before being used again.

I use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to clean my keys and keyboard surface as well as my mouse and mouse mat.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Corsair K95 mechanical. Pricey, yes - but I can get under all the keys with compressed air. And when my daughter's do things like drop a bobby pin between rows, it has a key puller so I can pop off a few keys, get the pin out with a magnetic retriever, and pop them right back on.

I went with a mechanical, 'cause sometimes my hands hurt (especially when the weather's shifting). Compression gloves help too, but the "feel" of the keys just works a bit better for me. I may even get around to programming the macro keys one of these days, right now they just sit there and look back at me.

edit: Was it EQ1 where they tried to say using the macro keys on the original logitech G-series keyboards was a violation of the ToS? It was a long time ago, can't remember what game tried to say that - and how they planned on enforcing it.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I have a very very very old Toshiba keyboard (at least 15 years old), nothing disappeared, every touch works properly, I don't clean it often and I love it.

But I'm confused at what a mechanical keyboard is. What is the difference between my very old keyboard (which, as far as I know, is technically "mechanical") and what is called mechanical keyboards now?
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Given that age, your Toshiba might also be a mechanical keyboard. The difference between a "standard" and "mechanical keyboard is basically:
    • A modern "standard" keyboard is generally has a rubber membrane dome underneath the keys. When the key is pressed down (usually all the way down with membrane versions), it makes contact with an embedded circuit, and the character pops up on the screen. These tend to be a spill-resistant, without much tactile or auditory feedback present.
    • A mechanical keyboard uses physical switches underneath the keys to determine when a key is pressed. They tend to last much longer than membrane keyboards - an example from PCWorld cites tests by SteelSeries where their mechanical keyboards lasted for 50 million key presses, while the membrane ones lasted only 15. They are also significantly noisier than a membrane keyboard, depending on the typists style and the type of switch used.
    From my experience, mechanical keyboards last longer, and can help excellent typists that rely more on touch type even faster, because (depending on the model) the key doesn't need to be pressed all the way down. They also just feel more "solid." I'd use the example of opening and closing the door on a Nissan Maxima (membrane keyboard), versus a Volkswagen Jetta. The VW has that solid "ker-thunk" feel to it.
    Hope that helps! :)
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I sure as hell don't see any kind of membrane beneath my keys and its more noisy than the other keyboards of the house. Thanks for the clarification, I searched on the web but didn't find anything clear and "to the point" on that topic. Just users comparing various keyboards and convoluted explanations.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I am going to spend the big bucks on p ayday and get myself a membrane keyboard. I have now gone through my third chap keyboard in under 12 months.

I have to keep going back and editing my posts here; extra spaces, extra l etters, stuck letters. Argh.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have that same keyboard now. For the same reasons. The mechanical feel works better for me and the wrist splints give some relief but I hate wearing them all the time as they make the palms of my hands hurt so I take them off and the mechanical is just easier on the hands when the splints are off.

I got it at Best Buy on sale for $46.00....
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

As you can see above, the space bar loves adding additional spaces... where they aren't needed.
  20. Cylob Member

The 40 slot potion depot is WAY too small. Especially with all the Overseer potions you throw at us.
    Fuel depot may be a little bigger as well.