Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogni New Member

Obviously a lot of people have been complaining about all the clutter and down time of all the patch updates.

Better to let the problems linger and grow, in case other problems may arise

Players will then really appreciate the patch of fixes.

Thank you for dedicating programmer /developer time to addressing this issue.

Thank you!!!

/sarcasm off
    Juraiya, Ashandra and Arclite like this.
  2. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

having just logged out of test. here are a couple thoughts . while I do have several partially leveled characters on test and I will and do intend to enjoy Testes Tuesdays playing them.
    -
    it would be more effective faster if Finch the Test Buffer had some things to offer , being that it IS test server putting in baubles for adventure and trade-skill would be more useful for testing in a week , as opposed to being test ready in three months or more.
    -
    it also would make it easier if mount and mercenary research items were included on that , and familiars as well
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Going to just come forward and say it looks like a firm step towards maintenance mode.
    Doroboda, Juraiya, Tkia and 9 others like this.
  4. Cataclysm Active Member

Nowhere does it say there's a 50% cut in patches. The cycle is just less often which can actually lead to more fixes than before. As a developer myself, too much red tape gets in the way of doing the actual work.
    Doroboda likes this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

No, its just more smoke and mirrors
    Cyrrena, Gillymann, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  6. MeliDarsire New Member

Not to sound redundant, but.....can we have levels put back on harvests please?? This change has added unnecessary time to my "game time" as I now have to look on some wiki for info or check my depot. And, I have to put my two cents in on the crafting front....as many of us here, I have spent a lot of money on this game. Not to mention the 2000+ hours (according to Steam) of my life. I have a fully furnished craft room in my house, with researching apprentices, depots...the whole nine. I LOVE to craft. So, I'm disappointed to see that our Devs don't see that I'm..while not the majority--a huge part of EQ2. And,lately I find that what I craft (lvl 110+) can get practically no plat. Yep, nadda. Even rares are shamelessly low priced. Why? Because crafted gear is no longer useful. Then why do we have crafting?? I have the best dressed mercs around! I will still craft, but why pick on us (removing lvls) when we are already being drug around and kicked each time we list on broker.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Akbar and 7 others like this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

First of all who is going to test thing on the test server? There are like handful of people on the test server but I don't think any of them do heroic or raid content. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am all for this change if we have ability to copy our main toon to the test server so that we can help test the changes.

No one has the time or money to have two well geared characters let alone on two different servers.

Testing with a "new" character on the test server is not valid test.
  8. Jandraligeli Member

This is an emergency. Roll out EoF on Thursday!
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Marae and 1 other person like this.
  9. Thatdarncat Active Member

People really will complain about anything, won't they?

Bi-weekly patching is an excellent plan. More time for the patches to be tested is an excellent plan. Why everyone is in such a rush all the time beats me. Take more time and do it right.
    Doroboda, Cyrrena, Faeonara and 2 others like this.
  10. Thatdarncat Active Member

Why do people say things like this? If you want to play another game, play another game. Play all the games you want. No-one's asking anyone to sign an exclusive contract.

Personally, having played EQII continuously since beta in 2004, I have rarely enjoyed myself so much or found an expansion as satisfying as this latest one. The game is as much fun now as it has ever been and considerably more fun than it was at some other points.

But that's my subjective impression. I understand other people feel differently and I respect that but it's quite irritating to be told that we should "all" go and play another game because some people aren't having a good time in this one. I'm having a great time and long may it continue.
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

Personally if this helps have things get tested more thoroughly then its a damn good thing, i understand for Kaladim that this is a big disappointment to happen at this specific time but OVERALL this may just be a good thing, I have loved this expac so far i believe alot of things have improved but i also have bugged quite alot of things myself and I know that there is still alot of bugs not resolved for EVERYONE. Just give them a fair chance and stop being doomsayers all the time, and seriously if you are NOT happy with this game and always going on about how you are not happy then take a break, play another game for awhile, come back with a fresh perspective but STOP dragging other people down with ya
  12. Noobless Member

i think this is the beginning of the end its been bad enough waitin 1 week for some of the major bugs that have effected this xpac and now you are pushing back for 2 weeks between fixes that is going to drive the players away even more, cause waiting around for these issues to be fixed as it is means u go and play something else
    Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  13. Audrel Member

I would like to suggest that since you have had raid fixes on test for a week that you start with this week being a patch week and then skip next week to start your biweekly rotation. Please and thank you.
  14. Dilon Active Member

The most recent live expansion was delayed by more than a month, and yet still released as incomplete - full of bugs, unfinished content, and barely any solo content to speak of.

The most common patch fix that we see is, "just take it away, it can't be a bug if it's not in the game."

And now the dev team is scaling back patches to twice a month.

I think we can all see where the game is headed.
    Juraiya, Tkia, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Maintenance Mode
    Juraiya, Tkia, Siren and 6 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's something going on this morning, the 19th...the last day for Erollisi stuff...let's hope it doesn't last beyond 2 hours. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Wulfgyr like this.
  17. Zinj Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm all for doing it right the first time. Patch in haste, repent in leisure!
  18. Nunyabizness New Member

Does anyone really think EoF is ready to roll out tomorrow and they are holding it back for a week for no reason? Yes, EoF has rolled out before but there have been changes to the core game programming since then. I am a programmer and we compartmentalize our program to customize it for each customers. Different programmers can work on each section so it it not unusual that improvements/changes in one section can now cause issues in another section.
    It should be ready, there should have enough people to have tested it to make sure it is ready but if it not ready then saying "RELEASE IT NOW BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU WOULD!" will not make it ready and releasing a broken version would not stop the complaining. Yes, it is a bad situation but waiting till it is ready is the best solution.

Also, of course I know it won't be 100% ready when they finally do release it...:)
    Doroboda, Cyrrena and Marae like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Wow...look at all the "new members" with a axe to grind. Popcorn!

Ya know...I just play a game. Sometimes its buggy. Other times its fine.

Take a deep breath ya'll. Or not...LOL.
  20. Rebelde Active Member

I would applaud this measure IF everything works well. Sadly, raids are broken and in the last patch they weren't fixed, as Gninja said, because he needed more time. 3 weeks with broken raid mobs and you can guarantee us that everything will work? Forever?! Because this is starting to be very embarrasing, the release of the expansion was on mid December... :confused:
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.