Raid tanks, please answer this.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Elkana, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Elkana Active Member

I'm not a tank I just have a question concerning hate transfer, NOT hate gain. For a time hate gain was capped at 100% - while hate transfer was capped at 50%. However, not I'm seeing transfers that go well over 50%.
    ~
    My question is this. What is the current HATE TRANSFER cap? Thank you.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Those are still the caps. Any hate transfer over the cap just disappears and isn't calculated into how much threat the tank is generating.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Remember the hate transfer (into the tank) is from ALL sources, combined, not from each source.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

So the hate transfer cap is 50%, but paladins get 67% from Amends? The one spell puts me way over the cap?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes
  6. Elkana Active Member

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming it. Now a bit more advanced question. My assumption would be that the first transfers put on would be the ones that apply. However, these days in raids you have > Coercer, Swashy, and Assassin all putting their hate transfers on the tank. If that tank is a Guardian he will also put his on someone, likewise the Paladin. Can anyone confirm the order or priority of the transfers applied?
  7. Elkana Active Member

Never mind, I know what to do about it.
  8. Ryonyx Member

Wow that's crazy 67% hate xfer... Wish my SK got that, but then again I don't need it xD
  9. Sowy Active Member

Can't get hate transfer while dead and the paladin is too busy rezzing you.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

No idea about priority, but it doesn't help anybody to overload one tank with all the transfers. It actually makes it HARDER to hold off any high dps with a transfer as what they're 'giving away' is reduced.
  11. Benj Well-Known Member

Does this mean I should put Amends on one person and tell everyone else to stop using hate transfers, letting the spells sit unused? Or should they split their transfers across all the tanks in raid? Or can it be daisy-chained like the Assassin giving hate to the Conj while I place Amends on the Conj? So many questions and so few notes from Darkpaw to answer them.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

They can't daisy chain.
    But, yes, as a paladin, if somebody puts a hate transfer on you, it reduced the amount of hate you get from the person your amends is on.
    If other people with transfers are having hate issues, having them put their hate on somebody else would make sense.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The cap is on OUTGOING threat, not incoming.

See here for more info

It is why the troub spell (Abhorrent verse?) is so powerful, because it transfer 50% of 6 peoples hate to you for 11 seconds.

So as a Pally, Amends someone who doesn't already have a significant hate transfer on you.
    Benj and Elkana like this.
  14. Elkana Active Member

Thanks Errrorr, good write up.
  15. Ryonyx Member

You think Pallys can't die or something and makes them better just because they have a rez?... That's what healers and dirge/necro are for, while I pull faster and do 3-5x your damage! LOL! xD
  16. Benj Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up and the tip. Seems like Amends will never get its full power, since the one spell puts me above the 50% cap, but I can still benefit from my temporary hate transfer (Sigil of Heroism) and other classes' hate transfers.
  17. Sowy Active Member

That's what DPS is for! LOL xD
  18. Ryonyx Member

Ok then everyone should play Guards. GG
  19. Sowy Active Member

Look guy, I'm sorry I triggered you and weeks later you're still replying to this old thread.

At this point I'm afraid to mention that I could out parse your SK with my Guardian as well.
    Pixistik likes this.