Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to let you all know about a change we will be making to our patch schedule. Starting immediately we will starting patching on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month as opposed to weekly which is the current system, on the “off” weeks we will be doing server restarts for live in, these will run along the normal time frame as patches but will not include any data, just some coffee and donuts for those hardworking server hamsters, and the actual patch will be hitting the test server for players to poke at. This will allow patches to hit the Test Server earlier and hopefully head off some of the bugs that have plagued live servers.

This is also to let everyone know that the next patch won’t be hitting live servers until February 25. Which means that for Kaladim specifically, Echoes of Faydwer will now be available on the 25th, we know that this delay contradicts our earlier stated date of release, but since this is the one we were going to be on time, it didn’t feel right not delaying it just a little.

For those of you awaiting raid fixes, the patch on the 25th will also address an array of issues you are currently experiencing.

While this change might take some getting used to, we thank you for your patience and we hope that overall this will be better for both the short-term and long-term health of the game and beneficial for all the players.

- The EverQuest II Development Team
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Quick note from me specifically, there are things not addressed in this announcement that are not related to it that the team is still working on/planning to address in some way.

I will be moderating this thread with that in mind.
  3. Kandoon New Member

I am all for this. Thanks for thinking of us grumbling users.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

Wait, seriously? So instead of pushing fixes for ANY of the current raid issues, it's just 'Let's wait another week?"

ETA -- In general I would applaud this change, but not in the middle of the current cluster$&@$ that the last few patches have left raids sitting at and the promised changes to overseers/etc.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

This sucks big time. There are so many guilds that cant progress because raid mobs have been disabled and the 17 that was lucky enough to do so have such huge advantages and enough content for two raid days a week while the rest does not... And now another week of this.

Emergency patch to fix endgame tomorrow??
    Obano likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Does this mean set bonuses are coming due to the delay? :)
    Kittik and Jandraligeli like this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Since the delay is not related to set bonuses I don't think so.
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Still waiting for level 114 Necromancer spell GRASPING BONES to be added to a recipe book. Any recipe book will do, I have all crafts.
    This spell is a stun and this is the first update to it since level 82. Honestly this just isn't good enough. Add the damn spell already.
    Tanz Sixfingers, AOE1 and Cassta like this.
  9. PsiberDaemon Active Member

noted. So, housework and laundry every other Tuesday... :p
  10. Jandraligeli Member

So the delayed release of the TLE expansion, originally due before Xmas is now further delayed. Because after confirming it was still due to be released on the 20th only last Thursday, you've instead decided to go ahead with a bi-weekly update schedule.

This is a fairly large decision, is it really something that the company is deciding on the fly? Will they use this additional time to remove more than set bonuses?
    Mizgamer62, Kittik and Cassta like this.
  11. Majandra Member

With the delay in the fixes to raid zones, is there some way to address the inability to progress, or a way we could be compensated for it?
    Thanks!
  12. Skoorn New Member

It has been 2 months plus months since the release , and now another week before raids are fixed. People are walking away from the game because of this. In no way have we got what we payed for this xpack , what we have received is excuses and repeated delays. Maybe its time to offer refunds to opt out since you can not seem to provide what you sold.
    Mizgamer62 and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  13. Seth Well-Known Member

What happened to that " We are on track " Confidence....... disapointed.
    AOE1, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

if this raises quality im all for it
  15. Arcos Active Member

Can I take it that this does not mean that, should something fundamentally bad go wrong with the game, we won't have to wait up to two weeks for a fix? I don't think even the legendary patience of EQ2 players would put up with that.
    Doroboda, Febrith, Eloise and 7 others like this.
  16. Chaostune New Member

This is so unacceptable, as someone that has been playing since launch this game no longer cares about the community. And if you voice something they don't like they ban you. The original designers of this game would have never put up with this crap.. Don't worry though they will keep taking your money. If everyone wants to get stuff done stop paying this game money until the devs realize the crap they are pulling is garbage. We deserve better.
    Juraiya, Tkia, AOE1 and 5 others like this.
  17. Seth Well-Known Member

what happened to Dreamweaver keeping notes on this page. No words to counter the truth.
    Mizgamer62 and Cassta like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Does this mean they are changing their minds and putting the levels back on the harvested stuff :eek:
    Naramsin, Juraiya, Akbar and 11 others like this.
  19. Seth Well-Known Member

was literally a week or two ago when they said " EoF is on track ". Like what can go wrong That close to a release date. That confidence just shattered. in all honesty i would love to know why it cant be released as it is now, i mean you released the live expact in well idk that is not an expact it's still being finished as this post is being written. If you dont have the people to maintain all those servers, condense them and dont give us a TLE, because the only consistant thing we have been rewarded with is absolute and utter unfaithfulness
    Tekka, Mizgamer62 and Cassta like this.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Allowing changes to hit test first sounds like a solid plan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.