Please reconsider the decision about harvests.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kalika, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

The level range, which is very usefull, has been removed ue to confusion for level 100+ resources. Players unanimously dislike it, even the most optimistic say that it is an issue and they had to find solutions (such as writting a player made book with the tiers).

It should be very easy to roll back the decision at leat for level < 100.

Removing the level range is purely destructive, it makes gameplay more tedious without any gain.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

3. lili Member

Yes, please reconsider, it's a pain in the neck to figure out what to keep and what not, since we don't know what tier something is anymore.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have to fully agree, even at the risk of punitive action for continuing to campaign on this issue after being told its a done deal and move along.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This is not a bug, I am going to move it from the bug report forum.

Would you like it in General or Tradeskills?
    Nansuelita, Soara2, Siren and 2 others like this.
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

On the wall, in permanent ink, above the urinals?

Seriously, all kidding aside, this change has angered a lot more people than I've seen angry at a specific change before. Anger is across player styles and that alone is unusual. This reversal of unnecessary change should be considered. Until then I'm afraid players WILL consider it a bug.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Whether or not something is "considered" a bug, while I understand the frustration doesn't really apply in this case. I am not locking the thread, only moving it to a more appropriate place.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Karamella and 3 others like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Tradeskills sounds fine to me.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Tradeskills is probably more germane. But my bottom lip is sticking out and I am making sad puppy eyes.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed Sig on the sad puppy eyes.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Up to you, even Sig who is usually very positive about any change (and also a really fantastic contributor) find the change confusing.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I thought I wasn't impacted, being in a private guild with a depot and having a crafting house with a depot and mostly crafting from my depot, but I can't count anymore the amount of times when I checked my inventory and wondered at the level of an item (and pony harvesting while out adventuring doesn't help).
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

That's funny Whilhelmina I was just thinking that this morning too when I got the harvest from my pony, I was thinking ok if I need something now I have no idea what level to send the pony or the guild harvester's out after.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback and bring your friends, guildmates to this thread, the more likes and contributions we get the more likely we are to get issue addressed.
  16. Mycenia Member

I don't like these changes either. I've only been back for a couple weeks, but it seems like the problem is with the 100+ harvests? A potential fix could be something like:

1-9
    ... (all the normal harvests as they were)
    90-99
    100-105 Plane of Magic
    105-109 Elemental Planes
    110-120 Luclin

I know the 105 is arbitrary and not really accurate, but it would just become common knowledge among players that 100-105 harvestables come from PoM and 105-110 harvestables come from CD. It would at least be a good work around until some better system could be agreed upon/implemented?

At the very least, I think 1-99 harvestables should be labeled in the old way since they weren't the ones causing the problem.

Edit: I just saw in another post that someone had the idea of just labeling them by tiers (Tier 1, Tier 2, etc.). I think that's a really good idea too.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'd love to know who was complaining about 100-120 that warranted this change. I'd much rather it be left how it was than how it is now.
    I find this change infuriating tbh.
  18. Veleje Member

1+ from me also to put back levels on harvests. maybe we should submit bug report about it, every day... ;)
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yesterday when Maj'Dul was going up and down... I briefly saw levels on my harvested items in my character's backpacks. This is inbetween logins and being in the game.

The info wasn't there when I logged in. Got dropped out to desktop a time later, not sure maybe a hour.

Looked in the forums and saw that Maj'Dul and Skyfire were down.

Waited around an hour, went back in. There were levels on harvested items.

Then that information went away.

I just don't know what to say. Sadly, I was so startled, I didn't do a screen shot. Just checked, nope. No screenshot.
  20. Marae Well-Known Member

Kander wrote in his announcement: "Harvestable displayed level ranges no longer match up to how tradeskill recipes are used or implemented, and were removed due to them no longer being accurate in many cases which caused a number of bugs and players reporting issues, while we understand that the change is frustrating because many of you have gotten used to it hopefully this will solve some further issues down the road."

I posted in another thread about this situation that it would be really helpful for me to have a more complete, in-depth explanation from the devs as to why the levels were removed. Many players have reached conclusions based on their own interpretions of Kander's explanation, but I don't know how accurate those interpretations or the resulting conclusions are.

Is the problem truly restricted to the top 10 or 20 levels of harvests, as many of us have assumed? If so, then why can't the information be restored for the lower level materials? It seems to me that at lower levels crafting still functions in the same way it always has.

If it's more complex than that - as Kander's explanation suggests to me - then what exactly are the issues? If crafting no longer works the same way it used to, then what has changed? How does it work now, and why does that make it impossible to have the level information included in the harvest descriptions? Could we possibly be provided instead with tier information, or location of origin, or something - anything! - so that we're not totally in the dark?

I honestly want to understand this.