A Note from Kander

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kander, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I think we skipped all the way to spooky action at a distance.
    Semperfifofum, Siren, Wulfgyr and 3 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This never, ever gets old (even though it's from way back in 12/18/2018):

[IMG]

Uwk
    who suffers from such as well, but only as a player...as a GM, I have to fudge the awesomeness of my rolls, or I'd kill all the PCs very quickly, repeatedly :-/
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of the dice or the dice tower? I haven't worried too much about that since high-impact plastic (and more esoteric material, like metal or actual stone) came out. ;->

Uwk
    Semperfifofum, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When there is surface to surface contact of two materials, they each have a coefficient of friction, there will be abrasion, which in turn will result in erosion, even if it is so minute as to not be visible with the naked eye.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

So does that mean the excessive implementation of RNG in all facets of the game has caused a sublimation of layers in the loot table, leading to an artificial scarcity of tradeskill books with a corresponding increase in the availability of fragments and Essences of Chaos?

:p
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Finnwizz and 6 others like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know if anybody mention this , but I really miss the music theme at the beginning when you log in.
    There is a little piece of the Everquest theme left , but no special expansion music , it goes to the character selection tune
    almost right away .
    Please can we have our entrance music back , any .
    I used to sit there and just listen to it play out before I go into the game , and if it was really nice every time I log on to another toon .
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, at a small particle level I can see that. At dice level, I think its less of an issue.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

You cracked the code! LOL
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Thank your for the apology, despite your friends dog piling on with ugly comments and private messaging me. I too am sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Bobthebuilder89 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's ok Six we are all getting a little heated up about things we care about , and than we don't really pay attention to what really is being said .
    Bobthebuilder89, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I asked last night on Discord if there was any chance of mats getting their levels put back on. There were no mods active at that moment, but the general consensus of the players was that they were ignoring us and that nothing would be done. We can also tell by the lack of further response in this thread from Darkpaw that it's clearly not getting changed back.

My personal opinion is that a newbie dev over there blew it and they can't figure out how to fix it, but I really hope I'm wrong. Otherwise, why would anyone frustrate most of their entire player base with something that is going to freshly aggravate them again every single day, every time they log on?

I'll bet they have been getting *way* more petitions and bug reports about mat levels being missing than they ever did about the few end-game ones not always lining up quite right. Who the heck could think they wouldn't just exacerbate their own bug report problem by picking this as a solution? :p

Oh brother.
  12. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Eh.

Dreamweaver addressed this issue in the TS section and made it pretty clear the change was intended and there are no plans atm to reverse it.

Unless someone is looking for a ban, I suggest they not bring it up in Discord :(
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the reason that Dreamweaver gave us does not make sense , I wonder if there is a lot more to it , I don't think some high level players being frustrated and confused is not the real problem , but I don't have enough knowledge to make an educated guess.
    draidean, Tekka, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Well, Kander's reason doesn't make sense either.

My personal take is they wanted to make the change, they knew it was going to tick people off, so they spun up a bunch of nonsense as an excuse for it.

Why do it? I have my theories, none of which will make TS'rs happy if they pan out.
    draidean, Tekka, Juraiya and 11 others like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

The entirety of the Test server are crafters. They need, badly, to get an actual dev who cares about crafting back in the office. EQ2 has, in my opinion, the best crafting system around and it's not going to be good if they continue down the path they're currently on.
    draidean, Juraiya, Breanna and 8 others like this.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Agreed.

I'm one of those weirdos who misses the early crafting game where you had to make the components and combine them. When pristine items were somewhat challenging, when crafting was done within the trade skilling instances, and when you could actually take damage and die from screwing up :)

Domino came a long and simplified combines, but she also developed questing and story lines for crafters, made the deco/housing game awesome, and made eq2 the best crafting game in the industry.

So sad to see it being systematically marginalized and dismantled :(
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It's the only reason I still come back. I have EQ1 if I just want to grind all day.

Do we need to start a GoFundMe?
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I will "Like" this for my agreeing with you on Domino, and your last comment...

But I for one do not miss the stupid subcombine nonsense AT ALL (Lera, however, agrees with you ;->), and she will always be the Saint of Crafting to me for ditching that. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For EQ2? Perhaps. :-/

Uwk
    Bobthebuilder89, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

all-of-this-OMGz-YAAAASSSSSS! I remember dying at crafting tables, especially when I got tired during a long grind session. I remember different trades /auc'ing off services and pre-combines to other disciplines in Tradeskill instances.

I've had some great moments since coming back last September/October. But the more I experience post-100 levels (crafting especially, I'm still "new" to the 100 adventurer ranks), the more disenfranchised I feel. I've done pretty much zero crafting since finishing the BoL sig line. There's no reason to. Nobody needs anything from a 120 Armorer or Jeweler. Trying to level the other 7 profession alts I have is a chore, especially when I have to run back and forth after forgetting an ingredient and CoV failed to work again. It got to the point yesterday I unloaded all the Shadow and Empyral books I'd been saving for them. At least I made another couple million, that I can put towards..... Yeah.

I've got the EQ2Map updater staring at me, and I haven't been able to hit the "Open EQ" button yet, because I know the only thing to "do" is a few more EDay PQ runs for the familiar while staring at all the player mount rumps or pets, or working on another sig line that feels more like a courier run than anything lore-connected.

@Zynt, EQ2's crafting was one of the things that brought me back, and was pretty neat at <100 levels. Now, it's part of what's pushing me away and typing this out has helped. Going to go enjoy some rainy weather and clean out the garage / organize the workbench - got a couple project ideas percolating that need jotting down before my old **** forgets about them again.
    knightowl, Jaeded, Juraiya and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.