looking at Skyblade skiff and Kromzek Keep, questions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, maybe.

Skyblade only has one floor ? i can see past the fan blades, there appears to be room down there.

I noticed no mount available there.

In Kromzek I have my flying mount, but it doesn't fly. I remember you all saying I can put in floors, but if my character falls while doing that... damaged gear.

Is it possible to get a flying mount to fly in either of them ?

Or should I just get a Mistmoore Estate for a character on that account that doesn't have a prestige house ?

Thanks !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

you can fall and gt hurt, but when you make another floor use dividers for walls so you dont fall off.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have recipes so I can make dividers...

Have a way to go before I get 60 loyalty tokens though.
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

If you're worried about falling, maybe equip a mount that gives you a slow fall or something? Like one of the flying carpets? That way if you take a tumble you'll just drift down instead of crash-landing.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have all of them and to be as blunt as a spoon, the Skyblade Skiff was a waste of 100 Loyalty Tokens. The Kromzek Keep is huge and if you are careful going from the zone in point into the hallway, you should be good and you can add additional floors, just start in the middle and add some blocks or something for a temporary staircase, then put your tiles in. Then carefully venture as far as you dare, if you keep your camera angle looking down when placing your floor tiles, and then look up to move, keep your movement on walk, then look down and place you can see the keep walls below, try and place your dividers above the walls below, or even some blocks, something so you know that is your boundary.

I went around my temp stairs 3 tiles in each direction, then made a double tile pathway extending out from the center in each direction to my boundary. I would place my two tiles with my camera looking straight down and then edge forward almost to the edge of the newly placed tiles and then place the next two and kept repeating this until I was as close as a full tile could get to the walls below, then I placed a border of 4 full blocks across over the end of the tiles. Then I moved my camera angle back up so I could walk back to the center and I chose a different direction and repeated the same process. When I was done I had a path and the boundaries marked for all of the border walls and the tile lines. After that it was just a simple fill in the blanks. Then I went ahead and put blocks around the rest of the border and placed tall dividers enlarged to the maximum they would go on top of the blocks, then built another temp staircase so I could make a roof with more tiles. I do not know, but it could be possible that you could put a third floor in, maybe a fourth. I never tried to see how high you could go, maybe someone else here has?
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, the skiff has no room. With that many loyalty tokens, it should have multiple floors. I tried all the hatches, none opened. Boring.

Kromzek freaked me out first time. All white, my character blended in with the background, etc. then I saw the stone steps and moved forward.

There are some bits that look like they could be an entrance to a stairwell. Not they don't.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

If you're super duper lucky - The Luxurious Kromzek Keep deed can drop from Vallon Zek in Vallon's Tower and Vallon Zek in Vallon's Tower [Challenge] (old Drunder raid zones). Not sure what level you are, or what gear you're using - but that's an alternative to spending the 60 tokens.

I will tell you right now - that house is enormous. If you're a "builder" - there's a TON of room to create new areas / levels in the keep itself, as well as the area directly in front of the keep. I think I made a total of 3 separate levels right out front there.

The only disadvantage is the no-fly. It makes building a little...challenging, but doable with some scaffolding / etc to elevate your floors and whatnot. Teleport pads from the city vendors will be your friend in there too.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Marketplace cloaks (except for the Mermaid set one...siiggghhhh) all have "parachute" effects, but I'm not sure you can swap out one of those for a "real" one in the midst of a fall...a Leaper mount, such as the Pedipowered Posterior Punter, also has a "parachute" effect, or at least, you can fall while riding one of those and not get too badly injured, as long as you're not in the Maj'Dul 6-room or the Relic Tinker prestige house or the Isle of Mara one near that one spot near a house...

Uwk
    who wonders: why would anyone put lethal "fall through the world" areas in a house of ANY SORT? Why not make them all "You've fallen through the world, silly person. Transporting you to a safe area. Sigh." sorts of things? :-/

And who also wonders: if a prestige house is "outside" (what I'd call a "prestige land"), why not make it possible to Leap/Fly in ALL of those? What's the criterion?
    Marae, Breanna, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't go on raids. I would likely just be in the way. My character with the highest resolve is.. 35%.

When I log into my other prestige houses it does say waiting for zone server. It would seem to me they could just add flight to all of the prestige houses.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, nah, I can't see that in something like the Personal Dojo, for example, but I'd love it in the Personal Planetarium, so I could see just how far up that tower goes...the gods know it's tall enough! :D

And really, any place that's mostly "outside" should have leap/flight activated just by default. :-/

Uwk
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Build your stairway to heaven Uwk, I have seen some of your houses and you know how to use the text method so you could make stairways and landings quickly to find out how high the Personal Planetarium goes up. Now I am curious as well!!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, funny you should mention that...I have. It only goes up about maybe...1/3? Half the way up the vertical "tunnel"/shaft? Hard to tell, but you start to hit an invisible ceiling, with the graphics effects beginning to glitch out within the shaft, but a tantalizing circle of possibility still up there (and a loooong way back down; bring a Leaper or a "parachute")...sigh...

If they made Starry Rounded Tiles... :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You mean in the Personal Planetarium, you cannot even reach the Dome?

I learned last night that in the Relic Tinker's House, you cannot fly out of the opening at the top, all that space outside with an opening already at the top and you cannot go out there!!!
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

Before you could just fly out but that didnt make it a true breakout and it wasnt a complete outside, so got the invis wall. Can breakout and decorate out there. I like the inside because if you go out to far from the outside of the house items visually disappear unless your really close to them.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, you can reach the dome; I was thinking of the hollow column, the shaft, beyond that. :)

Uwk
    just trying to reach that "empty patch of sky" at the very top... :D
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

At 50 loyalty on the affected account... I don't know, I may still go for Mistmoore on a character that doesn't have one.
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

can you build up in Skyblade skiff? or break out anywhere?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't checked... it might be possible, but for that many loyalty tokens there isn't much room.

It feels more like a 2 room Inn rather than a 100 Loyalty token prestige house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

You can build up, Ive seen someone make one into a cruise sky ship, wish i could remember which server. It was really nice.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; not sure about breaking out.

But yeah, I agree with Gero on this one; for that kind of expense, it should be worth it more. Originally, wasn't this a reward for attending one of the SOE Fan Faires? Then, with the cost(s) of convention-going, it REALLY should've been more worthwhile as a house... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.