CD Ethereal Armor Cannibalization

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Perciful, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Perciful Active Member

I am at the point where I have received some BOL fabled armor and I need to cannibalize a piece of CD ethereal armor to regain Astral Gloom currency in order to buy a different piece of Armor (trade pieces out). The system will not let me complete the cannibalization process. I get message that you cannot cannibalize armor that is leveled to 5..... yet when you click OK it appears that the cannibalize routine runs and a completely stripped piece of armor is returned to inventory, but no currency is returned. I figured that since I now have a completely stripped new piece of armor, logic would dictate that I could now cannibalize that. Nope, that does not work- system only offers to upgrade it to level 5. Requesting that Devs please look at this and please fix the cannibalization system OR make astral gloom currency heirloom. Thank-You
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's been a while, but I seem to recall that you don't get anything physical in your bags when you cannibalize. You should be able to just get the next piece of armor and apply the planar leveling.
  3. Perciful Active Member

When I click “cannibalize” option a stripped piece of armor is returned to inventory.
    If you do not have the Astral gloom currency then you cannot buy another piece of armor, hence the need to cannibalize.
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

My understanding:
    Astral Gloom-Harden Medallion = the currency which you buy the amour pieces and the shards for leveling etc
    Astral Gloom Hardened Shard =- costs 1 currency from the merchant and you then use the shard to level the armour piece
    Cannabalise Option will only return SHARDS for armour you have actually leveled with shards
    You will not get shards back for armour that you upgraded to lvl 5 for free (after receiving account flag)

So to confirm you will not get currency back from cannabalising, only shards, if you actually spent them on that piece. If you want to level another armour piece, you need to buy that armour piece for the character from the merchant with the currency you earned from the event.

So I not sure why you equate this to a broken system that should result in a fix by making the currency heirloom