Fixed Internally Shadow Harvesting Still Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Laita, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Laita Well-Known Member

Shadow prospecting is still really buggy f for those who didn't scribe it during the quest... I obviously didn't scribe the recipe during the questline, because it wasn't a requirement that we were queued to do. I can click the staff turn purple and harvest shadow nodes just fine.. here are the issues:

1) Whether I'm harvesting a regular node or a shadow note, my chat box gets spammed with a message saying "You shadow prospecting skill has increased to 25 for completing Piercing the Darkness:Message in a Shadowed Bottle PartIII!" This gets spammed EVERY harvest

2) Still no shadow prospecting ability in my knowledge book

3) Still no Shadow Prospecting Skill under my characters skill tabs

4) Unable to craft the shadow prospecting mount gear, because I do not have high the required amount of shadow prospecting skill (this requires a range from like 6-16 shadow prospecting skill), when according to my chat box I have 25...

5) I dunno if I'm missing out on any other type of hidden content bc of this bug (glass of swirling orbs or w/e)

yes, I've submitted a bug report on it.. I've petitioned it.. still nothing, I'm wondering if anyone else who didn't scribe the ability during the questline is experiencing the same thing...?

[IMG]
    Kuulei, Merriel, Lysia and 4 others like this.
  2. Laita Well-Known Member

Yo' Devs… STILL BUGGED! :(
    Lysia likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I still have my orb in my bags, have not yet scribed it. So, if I scribe the orb, is my shadow harvesting going to get bugged? I finished the questline several weeks ago, but have been simply too busy to have time to do any shadow harvesting. I had decided to save it for when I actually have time to harvest.\

Hmmm, looking at your screenshots, though, your character screen does not reflect that you even have the shadow prospecting skill. Mine at least shows that.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

When you say, "orb" do you have one of the shadowed harvesting orbs that you can harvest up rarely? If so, that's not going to affect anything, that's just a perk harvest. What's your shadow harvesting skill at? 25? If so, you're good to go, that's as high as it gets w/o prospecting gear, and it gets to 25 via the TS sig line.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I did not realize you can harvest them up. I thought it came from the quest. It is a one charge orb that allows you to shadow harvest, from what I gather from reading it. Seems to do the same thing the staff does, so I am assuming it gives you an extra chance at a shadow harvest. I have yet to even use my staff, so again, I believe i got the orb from the quest, as it appeared in my bags after finishing the quest line. My shadow harveting skill in the character window does show that I have 25 to shadow harvesting.
    Cyrrena and Zynt like this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

25 is the cap w/o the shadow prospecting gear, and honestly there is no reason for the shadow prospecting gear. You're good to go. The orb is just an extra shot at some shadow harvests. You'll get them here and there. It is lore though so use it before you harvest.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Yenk Active Member

With mount gear I have 57 shadow harvesting and it seems that more bowls to open a new 30-sec-run are droping.
    Cyrrena likes this.