[UPDATE] Kaladim Content Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I finally finished the claymore quest line and I am underwhelmed by the reward .
    Compared to that the Hunter quests are a pain yes , but the end reward for a quest line that takes a casual
    player weeks to finish should be well worth it .
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We still ran furies even in SF.

The cure on the run was incredibly unnecessary.

Furies could still aoe block for the group, and had access to a 20% group DR to magical which allowed a lot of fights like XYZ actually killable.

It was pretty hilarious that it was actually impossible to kill XYZ unless you had someone with the TSO BP, a mystic, and a channeler on the Z mob.

By this time players had so much dps mod that tenacity was also pretty irrelevant. I had around 500 on my wizard.

I found the EoF Itemization because it's already in game, you can link just about any item in game from t5-EoF and it has the new itemization. The same also goes for all HQ items, mythicals, and a lot of the signature quest gear in game.

Just looking all the way up it's a complete disaster in the items changed already, unsure of what the game plan is to fix any of this. I don't really feel as if it is fixable at this point unless they just start over, or switch back to FG's layout.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

I sort of remember interupt on aoe hit, or kb so with an inqui a failed precure was still ok since steadfast would allow you tom complete the cure, and later lot of cure on the move (drunder may be??) ...

Relic gear was truly dissapointing.

Raid Difficulty was almost ok, lab could have been a bit harder, DT was just fine for us.The others were too easy.

Heroic difficulty was too low, i could duo the Nest with my fury and my sk (and my boxing setting i really bad, i get at most 2/3 of each toon potential). So any hear/tank duo could clear almost all heroic content (with may be the exception of blackscale ring for which you need to keep 4 specific adds to pop the named.

FG itemisation was way better, but if they switch to it they really need to find the right difficulty.
  4. Mingle Member

I don't think you know how to play a Paladin LOL

I got a friend who plays a Paladin that makes me think they should be nerfed.... sooooooo perhaps whoever is playing your Paladin just doesn't know how to play it.
  5. Seth Well-Known Member

Why did one of the most statistically accurate person just say paladins are awful. All i can say is you have not encountered any good ones.
    Mingle likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

In what way is a paladin good, they don't offer any guaranteed avoids, they have one of the lowest avoidance reports in game, the near lowest tank dps, and offer zero in terms of utility to my raid.

Why on earth would I ever run one, starting next xpac a zerker can just exist and have perserverence go off and laugh at paladins, plus visions heals them up to 100% and gives DR. On top of gut roar/dragoons. Parse like monsters, and offer my raid reuse/dps mod in TSO.

SK's have a ton more hp and can spam cast spells and keep themselves up easier than a paladin can. Plus they offer 10% reuse/cast to whatever group they're in starting in TSO.

Looking at RoK onward guardians have the best temps in game in terms of staying alive, and a zerker can cap reuse and have 40% uptime on adrenaline, a spell that makes it impossible for them to die for 30 seconds. So that's my main tank/off tank, a token SK would be around as they can live better or roughly the same as paladins and offer me something.

I don't see a single point I would ever run a paladin.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

am is this on purpose that you can't get on to Raffiks island ?o_O
    Please let this be a bug , you can't possibly put him in at the expansion he originally was added , we would never get him on Kaladim . :(
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Mingle Member

Just because your little section / perception of the game doesn't require a Paladin doesn't make them useless to everyone :)

Paladins have incredible use and utility in small groups and questing and support. They make an excellent tank when needed. When paired with another tank they help keep the other tank alive and the group supported. DPS is on par with other tank classes.
    Sixgauge, Breanna and Dude like this.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I guess they're cool at soloing/questing or something like that.

I only care about content that can't be cleared on a necro with zero gear.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

No need to be condescending.
    Sixgauge and Breanna like this.
  11. Hydraulics Member

Adon was talking from a raiding perspective. If I wanted to run an optimum raid setup I wouldn’t include a paladin either.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Hum but crusade still mean 5% more healing, of course the SK counterpart which increases spell damage is certainly better.

Your paladin may still throw a 90% heal and some minor ones, given the low amod and low potency this can be usefull.

But i tend to agree with you, death march is a very good buf and SK dps is much higher.

For the HP i don' t know, i was thinking both crusaderto have the same base hp, the SK def buf has a stamina buf this may explain the difference.
  13. Worthy New Member

EoF still slated for Feb 20?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Kittik Well-Known Member

This is true. I hate it because I've always favored a paladin, but they are no where near as good in any single department as any other tank. Other than Lay-on-Hands (which is a super weak heal) a paladin has zero to offer.

Well, I guess if you need a spare rezzer in the raid, as long as only 1 person dies every 2 mins, then paladin might be your jam.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Kittik Well-Known Member

Yes. They have given no update to that announcement which was posted on 14 Jan 2020.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

As of right now at this exact moment, that date is still locked in.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:) THank You dreamweaver :D
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kittik like this.
  18. Kittik Well-Known Member

Why didn't you thank me. I said the same thing and I said it before Dreambeaver.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I do better than that :) , gives Kittik a hug ,( after she gets a step ladder so she can hug his neck ) <3
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kittik like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We should also be thanking Schmet for reminding Kaitheel that EoF is supposed to go live on Kaladim on 20 February and asking about Moonlight Enchantments and the Neriak City Festival!!!

Thank you Schmet!!! *huggles Schmet*
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.