Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Prox Well-Known Member

2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are definitely some threads where the frustration is really hanging its hiney over the dashboard. They look kinda like this:

Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Prox and 1 other person like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

So you guys would know better than I would, as I am never on other game forums. Do other devs on other games reply in their forums? I mean seriously, usually I reply pretty quickly to issues that I can fix. When is the last time anywhere else where a campaign to put a duck in (or whatever creature) actually worked in another game?
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You guys may think that we aren't listening, but we are. The other guys are just really busy right now.
    Zeddicious, Shmogre, Prox and 5 others like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes you rock !!!! You and Dreamweaver or both the bomb LOL. Well in my opinion. But if you listen to some people all of you devs suck and you aren't good at your jobs and you don't play your own game and blah blah blah.

But back to yes you and Dreamweaver ROCK!!!!!! And we love everything you do for us, broom mount included LOL
    Schmetterling, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

lunacy in this expac is of course a requirement
    if one wants to get extra points one strives to become a bloody lunatic
    Schmetterling, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, sometimes. Dreamweaver has been a really excellent community manager and has worked hard to keep communications open. Gninja frequently checks in on raid issues, and I see Chrol a lot.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yay for ttobey you are super quick on the reply tip
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Communication in no game is perfect, but others often throw out a lifeline once in a while. EQ2 severely lacks communication from the developer team (Yourself/Kaitheel excluded).

For instance, Jeff Kaplan of Overwatch (Blizzard) recently posted this after recent discussion on the game having hero bans. The post is in depth, honest and gives an insight into what goes on behind the scenes.
    He followed up in several threads with answering questions, as well as posting their quaterly Developer Update video.

Imagine how nice it would be if the EQ2 Playerbase got anywhere close to this level of communication from the team. The most we ever get is a Producers Letter (which is usually 95% PR speak, 5% vague comments) and Kanders Candor once a year (Maybe 2x?) which is usually just as vague, Outside of that, you have a Discord where a large amount of the playerbase have already been banned from, many for just giving feedback on a game that is disagreed with.

While everyone understands the team is busy, and highly understaffed, the lack of communication is highly frustrating at all times.
    Shmogre, Mizgamer62, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark !
    Schmetterling, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This is the only MMO I am currently on and playing.

Others I played in years ago barely told the players anything. They didn't have a community liason like dreamweaver. Someone posted about various things. Sometimes a company logo for their avatar, but I don't remember them ever saying what they did, if anything, other than post to those forums.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

In UO, we were told when they were going to start pre-orders for an expansion, what the expansion was called and what the premise of it was, that was the extent of the communication. That was once per year.

In DAoC, I don't remember any communication at all, you would see ads appear on MMORPG.com that a new expansion was coming, that was your cue to pay up or miss out.

Istaria (formerly Horizons), I get emails every week from them, with what is scheduled what has been completed, invitations to various round table discussions, and more, they have by far, more communication with their player base than any MMORPG that I have ever played or heard of. But it took them nearly going bankrupt and then being bought out by a group of players that then drained their retirement accounts to fund a small dev team to keep it going. It doesn't have a huge player base but they are still updating, still expanding, and still making money. And they have a playable dragon race, housing, neighborhoods so guilds can have a completely custom crafted guild hall with custom crafted amenities in a neighborhood and the members of the guild can purchase plots and construct homes in that neighborhood.

I wont mention the other one, I have played that for a year, left, went back for another 9 months and left and will never return to that one again, even if there is a Blizzard in the desert.

There was limited communication in LoTRO. I cannot recall anything players requested ever being added to the game. I played that one for 18 months, I enjoyed it, but then I had a spinal tap and was flat on my back for 6 weeks because they screwed it up and I never went back to it again. I thought the crafting and the interface were a bit clunky and could be improved. But as far as developer communication, not much if any.

I think you, Dreamweaver, Chrol, and Kaitheel go above and beyond and we truly appreciate it. And we have a blast just interacting with you in this thread. It takes away all the negativity that overflows in the other threads.

Thank you.
    Prox, Dude, Schmetterling and 3 others like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

OMG I forgot to mention Chrol and Kaitheel. Yes they are part of the you guys rock club and Gninja too. :D
    Prox, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Oh good! I can stop trying to be so nice then!
    Cyrrena, Prox, Dude and 2 others like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

O I thought you already had. LMAO
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Prox and Breanna like this.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you were nice you'd not say no to kind requests for mounts. As such, you're nice very often :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK well I can turn it down to seldom and still be above the Game Dev curve.
    Cyrrena, Prox, Schmetterling and 2 others like this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

no no dont play the percentages - go with over-the-top helpfulness to the point of personal collapse

intravenous wine drip next!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I would expect that everybody can ask for at least 20 unique different mounts personally designed just for them .
    That sounds about right and not to much to ask for ;) .
    Cyrrena, Bludd and Breanna like this.