Mingla Gelfshir, fabled overseer minion...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Merriel, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't know if she is working as intended or if this is a bug.

All the other fabled minions, when using a fabled familiar, will reduce the 1 hour mission mishap chance to 1%, but she only reduces it to 11%. This has been going on for some time now and I haven't seen it get fixed, nor have I seen it mentioned by anyone else, so figured maybe it's time it got mentioned too, along with all the other overseer bugs. :D

It just didn't seem that important to me in the full scope of things, or I might have mentioned it sooner. I just always end up picking another minion when I see her only reduce the mishap chance to 11%.

I really haven't paid attention to the other missions (2.5 hr, 6 hr., 10 hr.) to see if she has the same sort of effect on them.
    Bhayar likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As far as I can see, Mingla is also a Mishap Magnet. I literally never send her out without her having a Mishap. Probably just RNG, but ...
    Zynt and Breanna like this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I've had 6 mishaps with her on her last 7 missions. All had a mishap chance of under 3%.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Ditto. Don't think it's a RNG problem; if it is, a classic illustration of how badly RNG is working. The only mishaps I seem to see involve her. In fact, I'd fire her if I had the chance.
    Zynt likes this.
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

She's been benched.
  6. Adept Active Member

Bit confused about all this, I have not noticed any specific issue with Mingla

Most 1 hour missions I have done have a mishap chance of 5% so I understand that going to 1% with the correct familiar but becoming 11% mishap chance? - is that because you missed that her second trait goes went into the increase mishap chance box thus increasing the chance of mishap by 10%, then decreased 4% again by the familiar to 11%, which matches your reported experience.

I actually in the main find agents with 2 traits to be less useable then my 1 trait agents because its pretty rare a mission requires both of 2 traits and it increases chance of accidentaly enhancing mishap chance.
    Marae, Zynt and Wulfgyr like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If you miss it, it's because you were just paying attention to the traits required. Put her in where one of traits conflicts and causes a mishap gets you a big fat red X. True of any agent. If you don't see that, log out of the game and make an appointment with an optometrist, haha.
  8. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I think that's what Adept was trying to point out to the OP.
    Marae likes this.
  9. ramblinrod Member

I'm here because I searched for Mingla in the forums, having noticed exactly the same increased mishap incidence, without ever, I am sure, it being because I accidentally* increased mishap chance with her 2nd trait.

I have come to the conclusion that this is an intended feature, a joke on us from the Devs. "Ha ha ha!" they say, "Yes, Mingla is so Wise and Vigilant she's always getting in trouble. This is what you get for trying to understand our stats!"

A more serious (but less likely, IMO) take would be that she's always, being so wise and vigilant, sacrificing herself to save her compatriot (as she's almost always accompanied.) The clue is in one of the "free" quests you get when you start, also the one quest where she must run solo if you use her, and her vigilance increases the mishap chance 10%. Note the title: Rescue Captain Wilcox.

*I have intentionally done it, when an account has just started playing overseers and very few quests are available, to help trigger mishaps and gain additional, if temporary, rescue quests
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'll say it again... Mingla is just a Mishap magnet!
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Adept was correct, and for those who so adroitly pointed out that you must be blind not to see the red x...well, I am not blind, but I am visually impaired to the point that I only generally see what's directly in front of my face and not peripherally, so I guess you could say I was 'blind' to a certain extent.

I wasn't looking at the mishap chance, and that was on me, so I stand corrected, and I thank Adept for pointing it out politely. Mingla may be a mishap magnet, I don't know, but in this case, it really wasn't her fault, lol.
    Marae and Whilhelmina like this.