Request (maybe) Moving crate upgrades

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to use the moving crate like a depot, open it and deposit all housing items.

I figured I'd ask here since if this presented a problem for anyone it would found quickly.

Also a search would be nice. I'm guessing I'm not the first to request a search option.

The organize by location hasn't worked in my recollection ever.

What do you think? Could the moving crate use an upgrade? What would you wish for?
    Rienna, Soara2, Marae and 6 others like this.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'd wish for the ability to actually pick a moving crate up and move it to a new house, without having to relinquish the house it's currently in.

I'd also like the ability to move it to a guildhall, but that's probably asking a bit much. :p
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

You dont have to relinquish a house to move items/crate from one house to another

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Housing down towards the bottom of the page moving to a new house.
    Soara2, Argosunited, Faeonara and 4 others like this.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks elflover - I should have clarified better but I was a bit sleepy :D . I'd like to be able to pick up and move a crate that contains items placed by my alts. There would probably have to be a limiter or security measure of some sort, like the owner must be a trustee of both the old and new house, or the items were all placed by characters from a single account, perhaps. Again, probably too much to wish for, but it'd be nice. :p
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

ah yeah if they did that anyone with trustee would be able to move the items
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Being able to dump an inventory of my depots would be Fantastic !
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, yes, Search function...as it is right now, if you had, say, a house with expanders that added up to 700 House Items/700 Building Blocks = 1400 and had every slot filled (I know deco's out there who can do that...), you could, ostensibly, place every last one of those in a Moving Crate, no worries. How EASY that would be, well...

But omg, yes, a Search. Absolutely. We finally got it for the Housing and Leaderboards (and I really, really hope that was NOT what messed up our housing portal networks; can't imagine how it could have, but I'm not a programmer, they don't pay me big bucks... :-/), it's high time we got it for our house item list in general, though it'd be nice just to have it for the Moving Crate, if nothing else. I've whinged around about that for years, meself.

As far as the "sort by Location" goes, that used to work, back in the day before they got that STUPID fourth column in the house item list. First Column = Item Name, second = Status Reduction [points], third = Location, fourth = Item State, which is always "Normal," for whatever that's worth. It's meaningless. I've had things in houses of mine and swappees' houses that were upside-down, at an angle, everything but turned inside-out (not actually possible here; ah, how I long for Landmark...), and they were all still considered "Normal." It's useless! And ever since that went in, none of the other columns other than the first one have worked as expected. In order to sort by Location, you pretty much have to sort by Status Reduction and tweak it from there. :-/

Uwk
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The real issue I have is, after some questing, I come back with maybe 10-20 items that I'm not ready to decorate with yet. I keep a small space clear so I can put it down... right click, place in moving crate... and repeat 10-20 times. A bit tedious.

And the lack of search later is a huge pain.

How could we get the housing stuff out of our banks and into our home? Especially old characters have a bunch of things languishing in the bank.

Obviously with security measures like it can only go into a house that you own, But it's probably asking a lot to have the bank be sensitive to types of items (like housing, attuneable, consumable...).
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think, perhaps, Semper, you might find it a bit easier then to use a dungeon instead of a house as a dumping ground. Dungeons do contain a search function, so you do not have to run through the dungeon, trying to remember where you put something. You just type, for example, "Scaleborn" or whatever other word might be in the item name, and let it find the item for you. Then you just click on the item in whatever list of items it brings up, containing the name "Scaleborn", and you pick it up through the dungeon interface. Why they can't add this same feature to houses is beyond me. It already exists in the game, so it would just be a matter of adding the code to houses.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Oh I wondered about that. I haven't used it much because I lost some furniture by deleting one of them and I haven't felt it was safe since. I take a lot of breaks from playing and bits of DM have been disappearing, like the items from the store, etc. I wonder if it will completely go away at some point. Probably won't, but...
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It would be great if I didn't have to empty a depot in order to move it to a different prestige house. Painful reverse moving, getting items from the depots to the backpacks, etc.

Would be great if it was once click.
    Soara2, Marae, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have been using dungeons since before the server merges, and thus far have not had any issues with items disappearing. I do make sure to save each dungeon as I make changes to them, to ensure if something does disappear I have evidence of everything that was in the dungeon. Especially my Legends of Norrath and DBC dungeons, as those cost real money to purchase.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't trust 'em much, either; I have like one that actually has things in there, which a guildie of mine was nice enough to help set up for/with me (and she put a lot of cool things in there! :D), but that's about it. Generally, I use my 7-Year Veteran Reward free Mistmoore places to park things. Ever since seeing all the horror stories about what happens (or could happen; doesn't always, which is even more worrisome) when servers merge/consolidate, I've been pretty gun-shy about 'em. :-/

I suppose I could just use one for things I could easily re-make; not necessarily holiday special materials only things, but stuff like all the Maple Tiles/Dividers/Columns etc. that could be whipped up again, just in case the worst occurs. :-/

On the other hand, I do tend to stow things in the Mistmoore(s), on the Broker (but not putting them up for sale; because it's fast to do for a Gold account member, that's why ;->), in other big prestige houses, etc., so having one more place for things to get lost in ("Where DID I put that 'a pristine three-handled family credenza?!'") isn't necessarily appealing. ;->

Uwk
    who ought to name places things like "All Frostfell, All the Time" or "NotD Decorations" or something useful :-/
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's wise. :)

Are the layout saving procedures the same as for houses?

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So, is there an easy to understand set of instructions for using dungeons as storage ?

Currently using spare prestige houses and bank for that.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Ostensibly, though you'd have to ask someone else about that, rather than me; about the only thing I still really know how to do with those things is move the Entrance and Exit portals to the same room, to save running around the dungeon time. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

name dungen what you plan to place in there like house items, tiles, plants etc and like Uwkete said move your entrance/exit portals to the main room you plan to place things. to enter them is edit and save layouts when are finished placing things, i think thats it.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was wanting to place other items, like armor, recipes, etc. things that there are no depots for.

Or someone posts, or pm me if they don't want to share, how to use a book shelf for storage.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can't store armor or recipes, they are not place-able items. You have to be able to place the item before you can store it.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I think things like recipe books or even spell upgrades can go into the guild hall scroll box. But I'm not aware of an armor/attuneables storage box, only the bank. That of course assumes you have control over the GH scroll box.

Since I use that box, I don't know for sure if you can tinker a box for spell scrolls/ recipes.