Enough of the ESSENCE OF CHAOS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Jan 14, 2020.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Got 4 today...seriously, this has to stop. Would rather get more infusers. And cant really justify that they are for alts. Alts might need lvl 60 items....those going to be added to the loot table as well? Because they would be about as useful as ess of chaos
    Tangris and Argosunited like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Let's not pretend they're for alts, we know they're not.
    My best guess is that when they decided orange runes would not work in BoL, they didn't bother taking them out of the loot tables.

And yes Overseer missions are account wide, but how is this garbage Mythical loot? How many hundreds of these things do we need???
  3. Darwiin Active Member

The whole Alt thing is a bogus answer from the Devs'. If it has a use it would be for a time-lock-server which is fine, add it to there loot table not BoL. If you are playing an alt your not going to be staying at level 110 for more than a day or 2. On average when I switch to an alt to level i am 120 withing 1 hour of playing from 110 and I can get from 100 to 110 in about 2 hours doing PoM or CD Quest, all without Orange adorns. Which BTW you can get the level 5 version of the exact same Orange adorns for free if you want to do old content. THERE IS absolutely no reason anyone would make an Orange adorn that has been disabled in current content for an alt when the moment they zone into the moon its effect goes poof.
    And for god sake i get 5 a day sometime. How many freaking alts do they think i have and i can tell you for sure there are not that many new player who are needing old orange adorns.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The loot tables depend on the level of the toon sending out the minions.. 111+ loot shouldn't include Essence of Chaos.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Including top tier crafting components from the previous expansions is OK, but the problem with the Essence of Chaos is that it is only good for making orange adornments and nobody needs orange adornments since they are disabled in BoL zones.
    I would say reduce the chance of getting Essence of Chaos as a reward 10 times and increase a chance of getting advanced infusers instead! :)
  6. Enjine Member

Why not just replace Essence of Chaos with Planar Energy?

Simple enough fix which would be much more useful for alts (and mains for that matter).
    Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

This! And in the research rewards too.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok I don't care to get them either, but one thing everyone is forgetting is not everyone is max level, and some people didn't even buy the expansion Uwk springs to mind for 1 example. So just because we bought the expansion and got to max level doesn't mean everyone else did. Again I am not a fan but.....
    Argosunited likes this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Which is why all rewards should be based on the level of the character and/or the quests.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

Wasn't the Overseer an expansion feature? Why would someone that didn't buy the expansion have the feature?
  11. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Or as someone else suggested have those essences be used for red runes......
    Argosunited likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is true. Some people may be in no hurry to power through those levels. But there are already ways to get the items. They could simply have increased the chance to get them from the harvesting quests they cam from if they want to make it easier for people doing that content. They are also awarded for doing the Anchorage quest series.

Here's another note. The Essence of Chaos is only one of the items required to make the adorns. It also takes 100 Celestial Infusions. Since they have not added a transmuting Distillation/Dilution book for CD transmuting mats there is still effort in getting that many infusions. It seems inconsistent that they make the Essences so common without adding those books as well.

My theory is that they put those in as filler rewards. They don't want the rarer items to be more common, those are entering at the pace they want. We can speculate all day as to why that is what they want, but I don't want to go off-topic here. As much as I get annoyed with potions/harvestables/infusers as rewards at least they have some use. I'd rather see those than something completely useless.
    Cataclysm, Zynt, Kuulei and 3 others like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

I would love if they did that. What I truly, truly hate is when you open one of the rewards from the 10 hour quest and get the same garbage you get from the 1 hour quest (or basically) I think their loot tables are totally messed up and they either don't want to fix it and figure everyone will eventually quit yelling about it. Or they don't know how to fix it, in any sort of timely manner. I know every time I have a 10 hour mission pop up I get excited until it's complete and I open the chest. I keep hoping well maybe this time.
    Tangris likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

People aren't asking for the essence of chaos to be removed entirely... just removed from the lvl 111-120 loot table...
    Juraiya, Rhodris, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  15. Tangris Well-Known Member

I am, put them for sale for PQ coins, so if people need them they can buy them, there is no need for them to be in the loot tables for an xpac for 111-120. Same with planar shards.
    Cataclysm, Argosunited and Mermut like this.
  16. Roadkillusa Active Member

Ok if the go to answer is that this loot is for alts then why is the Overseer loot reward Recipe: Empyral Forcelink no-trade and not Heirloom? all loot from overseers should at least be Heirloom if we are to take this excuse "for alts".
    Juraiya, Argosunited, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I don't believe this is true at all. My lowbie alts (level 60 and below) frequently get level 115+ Overseer gear, merc gear, potions, and Advanced books, etc. as mission rewards.
  18. Tangris Well-Known Member

So is this some genius move by DPG, as soon as this issue came up the issue with how many infusers went down, if they now take those off the loot table will we be happy with infusers? :eek:

2 10 hour missions today, of them 1 EoC and 2 Frags (one from a bonus crate)

Fix loot tables for 2020 will be my platform for the upcoming election.
    Zynt, Finnwizz and Pixistik like this.
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I've got 4 overseers down now because on a total of 6% mishap chance for 4 missions I had 4 mishaps. I had a cumulative bonus chance of 239% bonus chance with one bonus, which of course was an EoC.

I'll say this as well, I WW discoed the Shadow Sage 119 book on a 1 hour mission with treasured overseers and all but one of my expert books came from 1 or 1.5 hour missions with little to no added bonus. At this point I do not do 10 hour missions anymore.
    Argosunited, Breanna and Tangris like this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can we please have some word on taking Essence of Chaos out of max level content. Thank you.