Enough of the ESSENCE OF CHAOS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't understand why we are getting things that aren't even in the chest when you examine it. Like the 10 hour one it just has the jewelry in it when you examine it. But the last 4 times I've gotten something that doesn't even show in the chest.
    dirgenoobforreal and Argosunited like this.
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

Naaa, just being facetious. I don't expect anything good to come from them anymore. /shrug
    Kheldar, Rhodris and Argosunited like this.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

They weren't too keen on us seeing what all was in the chests. The way that it stands now, no one can point out to them that this was not in the chest or that doesn't belong in a mythical chest.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just finished a six hour Overseer with bonus reward and got 2 collectibles I already had. Impressive. Still haven't seen ONE shadow recipe book since the launch.
    Zynt, Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

Another annoying thing with the Overseer missions is why cant we see all our merc and familiar choices? I just sent a merc out with a familiar both top of the list then next mission had a choice of a merc that wasn't on previous list as well as another familiar that wasn't on the list and then same again next mission sigh
    Zynt and Suidakra like this.
  6. Cravaro Active Member

This 10 hour Overseer quest of which you speak must be incredibly rare. I run all ten available missions everyday on two accounts and the longest timed quests I have is the occasional 6 hour mishap. Yet from what I read here, the rewards are not even worth it. I will continue to run my overseers everyday in hopes I may one day receive something other than potions, harvestables, fragments or E of Chaos.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

Have you unlocked the 10h Overseer quest? As far as I am aware there are about 4/5 10h overseer quest and you get them as reward for doing weekly heroics quests and all that. They can also be unlocked as reward from the other shorter overseers quest as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cravaro Active Member

I haven't seen any 10 hour quest, unlocked or otherwise. Longest timewise is 6 hour mishaps
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is there any good news about this junk being removed from BoL content?
  10. Thornfinger Member

3 and a half hour mission:

Legendary Chest: Possible Rewards "You think there might be something hidden inside"
    Overseer Bonus Reward Crate (Fabled): Lists Overlord's Steel-Etched Hoop, Steel Threaded Emblem, Steel Thread Sash or Steel-Barbed Girdle.

All four pieces listed in the Fabled chest are 155 Resolve.

Actual Rewards:
    Grumpy Little Stelve: Treasured Overseer with no abillities
    Shadow Sage Studies 14

10 hour mission:
    Fabled Overseer Reward Crate: Lists 22 pieces of gear with 160-165 resolve as possible rewards.
    Mythical Bonus Reward Crate: Possible Reward Overlord's Plated Silver Ring 165 resolve.

Actual Rewards:

5 Empyral Elixirs
    Sambata Shoes Recipe.

The point is, the chests list items that should be in them, but we're not actually receiving those items we're receiving other items that aren't even listed. This is one of the better examples of 3.5 hour and 10 hour missions most of the time they give Infusers.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

I agree. I have yet to figure out if this is a bug, or that certain missions exclude certain mercs/familiars by design. (either by class or level restrictions)
    Zylara likes this.
  12. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I really wanted to enjoy BoL, I even purchased the premium edition, something I had never done before. In my opinion it was a waste of money and I'm already bored with the xpac. Features that don't work properly, really crappy rewards from said features and not a whole lot to do after the signature lines and achievements. Might be time for another break...
    Kryzia likes this.
  13. Malahk Active Member

I have 49 of these silly things now. I'm hoping we can use them in place of 2 empyral manas on recipes in the near future.
    Zynt, Tangris and Argosunited like this.
  14. Uwopo Active Member

I can accept that Greater Fragment of Planar Energy is in the overseer rewards, because there are returning players that still might need to upgrade 2.0 spells. There's no reason why lesser and superior fragments should be in there, because the greater works in their place and it results in too many fragments. There's no reason what so ever for the Essence of Chaos.
    Cataclysm, Argosunited and Tangris like this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I don't understand why these are still being rewarded for BoL content. There is just no reason for us to receive them.
    For the love of god remove them and replace them with something we can actually USE FOR THE CONTENT WE GET THEM IN.
    Getting these is an insult at this point.
    Zynt, Rhodris and Tangris like this.
  16. VivoDivo Member

They didn't fix it after today's patch. I got yet ANOTHER one!
  17. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Loot Tables are at the root of these problems - I seems it was a cut and paste. Bad idea folks. Needs to get fixed - PERIOD.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Has this been looked at yet? If not can a dev justify why we are getting old useless loot in current content, without telling us it's for alts.
    Thornfinger, Kryzia and Zynt like this.
  19. Argosunited Well-Known Member

An essence of chaos in my Overseer Mythical bonus crate tonight. Really? You can stop trolling us anytime you like now.

Any news on this? Any at all?
    Thornfinger and Tangris like this.
  20. Caela Well-Known Member

Ok, I get it - Overseer feature is game wide - not just a BoL thing. So the chaos things are on the loot table...

But the research assistant quests in the BoL zones are a BoL only thing - and I'm still getting Essence of Chaos from them!