House expanders

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Xxtacii, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Xxtacii Active Member

Not sure if this is in the correct forum to post, but if Devs see it then it is worth it. You have been giving us bigger houses with more open space. This is wonderful!! Everything from the Deepwater house to Kerafyrm's Lair and now Sanctus Seru Promenade. As a decorator I LOVE this. The problem the housing decorating community are having trouble with is the item limit in these houses.

What I propose would help the housing community and hopefully make some extra money for EQ2. We would love to see more item count. The way that it could be done is to sell higher count house ex-panders for more dbc on the market place. Specifically 500 and/or 1000 increase in allowable items, even if there was a disclaimer for it only belonging on the much bigger houses. Dungeons already hold 2,000 item count.

I am asking for all of us house decorators. This would make a very large percentage of the housing community very happy!

Xxtacii
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I would love the guild hall to be upped too and as far as I know there is no way to place more. Now when I get something cool I have to run around and find something I don't like as much and put it in the box. I have a tier 4 guild hall so there is a TON of space there to decorate.
    Juraiya, Twyla, Nuggetmachine and 7 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; have you tried posting this on the Norrathian Homeshow Wishlist forum? We've gotten a lot of stuff made from our suggestions there... :)

Uwk
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think nobody is listening any longer. *makes the Snarky Wood Elf frowny face*
    Schmetterling, Dude, Kheldar and 4 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe to the raiders and the Broker speculators... :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

or let Sages make bigger expanders too for those new high levels.
    Twyla, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  7. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

It would be nice, however I only ask that they fix the memory issues with high item count housing/guild instances before they delve into letting us have more items. Currently when I use max graphics settings I am unable to enter my t4 guild hall (that isnt even at the item cap) without crashing due to memory leaks. As soon as I hit that 3.5GB memory mark in a heavily decorated zone, poof DX error and crash to desktop. Fix this, and also fix the horrid slow loading of said items and then yes, by all means, up the count to any number.
    Juraiya, Morukta, Riverbear and 8 others like this.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Great idea but we would never get the recipe to drop. Much like the higher level Shadow Sage books.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, drop-schmop, have it be available on the Marketplace for however much they want to charge for it, if they think they won't be getting revenue for it if they let us make it. Maybe with limited charges or something, like charging 1250 DBC for a "set" of a 5-charge recipe, since we wouldn't be buying five 200-slot expanders for 250 DBC each. ;->

On the other hand, we still buy House Actors from the Marketplace, even though we can make them ourselves, when we don't have the ability or the Etherwood or the time to look up someone that could or afford 'em on the Broker. /shrug

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Nuggetmachine Member

What would be cool is a new guild amenity called a "Construction Consultant" that when purchased ups your item allotment and gives you an item like a hall guard to place and dress up.
  11. Spookypatrol Member

Realize I'm jumping into this thread pretty late (but I basically never lurk the forums, womp) but, 100% agree here. I would LOVE to have expansions for the houses and guild halls (esp the latter); honestly, I find myself spending more time decorating these days than actually questing. But yeah, we switched out of our T3 for a while because of nasty pop-in and crashing, so it would be nice for some of this to be alleviated if possible...

My dumb butt then switched us over to a T4 recently because I'm a masochist who likes decorating space I guess, but either way it would be fantastic to actually have not only the appropriate item count for the amount of space given to us (especially in something as enormous as a T4), but also the stability to be able to load into our hard work without as many issues.

Really hope the Guild Halls get some lovin' soon. :( Feels like they've been pretty busted for a long while now, but it also feels like they're pretty low-priority in the sprucing up department.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sends hugs to Cyrrena

Maybe when all servers are being switched over to 64 bits, it will become more possible to have bigger counts,
    without it taking a minute to zone in, if at all.
    I mean I remember being stuck inside a guild hall once for a long time, because I could not log in.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

-what does that even mean?- lol!
    Not many will react well to this, yet, We mitigated GH zonk-to-desktops zone ins by holding piece count to 60% of available on placed items. A little self restraint goes a long way to helping others. Reduce your hoarding appetite & players will zone just fine. Be Well!
    Ayodi and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, not having max graphics settings on would help, too, though I remember being able to use Win XP for the longest time as long as I kept everything on lowest possible graphics settings. After awhile, though, before they changed to the "load the toon first, since the character's more important than the furnishings" methodology, there were times I couldn't even get in my own house, let alone any of my guild halls, except for Clan Mawr's big (Tier 3?) Antonica hall. They understood people's limitations, and when one zoned into the "courtyard," it was completely walled off except for a little "garden area" leading to a portal..."outside." In "Antonica the Break-Out," that's where they had their amenities: scattered all over "Antonica," so that you wouldn't have to deal with more than 50-100 items at a time, with each "room" being several hundred yards apart. It was great! :)

Nowadays, I'm still using my old Win7 bugger, but I do fine with loads (not that I use max graphics in the first place [I've always hated specular lighting, shadows, and Flora], but at least I can do way better than back in the old days, and we finally have a cable connection at home, rather than DSL)...unless, of course, I or someone else hasn't entered a zone like that in the last, oh, say, 5 minutes; any longer duration away and I go down to the bottom of the queue for them allowing people to zone anywhere, even outside the city walls, into dungeons, etc. I hear they're irritating the hell out of even their golden children, the raiders...

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  15. Spindle Well-Known Member

I am so impressed you are playing on a Win7 system. I tried to clean a friend's late husbands gaming machine with Win7. I ended up pulling the 1 tb HD and running over it with the truck. It took 30 seconds (timed it) to recognise a thumb drive and then 4 hours to transfer 3 gig of important files. Seriously impressed Uwk.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pfeh, not sure what all he was using in his Win7, but mine's a lot more efficient than that. ;->

I do have a Win10 laptop with the game on it, but there's just so very, very much to hate about Win10 that I'm seriously thinking of when my poor ol' desktop bugger finally croaks, I may replace it with some sort of flavor of Linux. ;-> I have had much advice so far on how to go about that... :D

Uwk
    Marae likes this.
  17. Marae Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation - love my Windows 7 (after tweaking the desktop to look like XP - love Classic Start Menu!) but hate Win10, which I also have on a laptop.

That said, it would be nice to have more item space in the very large houses, and it also would be nice to have zone-in times reduced. I do my crafting dailies in a specific order based on house type - all the toons in a specific house go one after the other to reduce zoning time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Smart! :)

I too have noticed that no matter whose house I go into on a regular (i.e., less than 5-10 minutes between visits) basis, the owner doesn't matter at all, even if it's just my string o' alts, as long as it's the same TYPE of house, like the 2-room New Halas, for example. ;->

And I've always thought that the number of item slots should depend on sheer "square footage"; I can't imagine anyone needing 900 slots to decorate a Personal Dojo (though there are decorators out there who have not only pleasantly surprised me with what they can do with one, they've blown me away! :D), but "only" 900 (or 1200 with Expanders) is just ludicrous for something like a Personal Grotto. :-/

At least, expand to like what we have with the various Guild Halls. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Morukta and Breanna like this.