Fixed Internally Housing Portals

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darcmoon, Dec 17, 2019.

1. PurpleChicken Active Member

Today I had to pick up every single portal from every single alt house that my carpenter had put down in order to make available the house I am decorating. This is ridiculous, and the portals are now useless. I'm done with buying prestige houses, since the whole draw was having portals to get back and forth between houses. Forget it.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have to continue to have hope. I have far to many characters and far to many prestige houses to give up the little teeny, tiny, dying spark, that this will be fixed soon. I have hit the point where I had to relinquish 3 prestige houses to /claim 3 others I had.

That alone is depressing enough without letting that little spark go out. So I will sit here, gently fanning it, and feeding it kindling and nesting materials, so that hopefully it grows bigger and begins to burn brightly again.
  3. PsiberDaemon Active Member

4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

In the past couple of weeks, my house went from having the guild hall and one of my houses available... to having only the one house. I literally watched as it went from Guild Hall listed (only) to other house listed (only) and I"m considering buying a guild door just for that house since I visit frequently.

There must be some kind of filter going on. For a while, we had every possible house listed from people who had given us permission long ago, even if it was Visitor permission. Then that was cleaned up, and now we're at a point where you can only see your own personal other homes. So I definitely think it's a filter.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

My friends and I have done extensive testing on this. The filter appears to be the LAST CONNECTION MADE to a given house, whether that is a new portal placed in that house, or that house's portal placed in another house. Retrieving a portal and replacing it will usually trigger it as the "last" placed portal, but not invariably. If you pick up the portal, zone out of the house and back in and then place it, that should establish it as the last. HOWEVER, when there is an update, your last portal will probably be set back to what it was before, which means you have to pick up and replace the portal of choice every week.

Additionally, searching for a particular exit portal DOES NOT WORK. All you get is the message "There is no house matching that description in this location," no matter what house you search for - even if it is the same one that normally shows! If you clear that filter, it still shows the same message. You have to close the window and open it again and then you can once more see the solitary exit portal listing.

They need to fix all of this - yesterday.

Sorry to rant, but it has been like this for almost SIX WEEKS. And I have had to deal with the inconvenience EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 40 days.

*goes away and feels bad for ranting, but is still annoyed*
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That makes sense. It was looking random to me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Xille Member

It's a bit disheartening that, although this has been at the top of the Top Bugs list for weeks, there has been no change or other mention than it being confirmed.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially with 52 likes of the OP. :(
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

Six whole, entire, complete weeks have now elapsed and still no fix. And every update, this one included, undoes my workaround for my crafting hall connection. Words cannot express my frustration. :(:mad::(:mad::(...

Add to that the frustration that comes from not being able to properly orient new guild members and help new players easily and safely access guild resources, and you have one very, very unhappy camper.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

And I waited to report this again until all the of the patches of launch week passed and the weekend after launch passed and nothing changed. I didn't want to jump to soon, I wanted to try to be patient before bringing my tar, box of feathers, torch, and pitchfork and standing on my soapbox.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'll take one of those pitchforks, and some tar and feathers too. Is this a hard fix? or are they just ignoring it now that it's been confirmed.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

*grabs the torches and another pitchfork*

please, fix!
  13. Quillyne Active Member

I've decided that "confirmed" means "working as intended".
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Fixed it for you. :p
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

*stands in line to get her torch and pitchfork*

Now I know something's wrong. I don't usually go with the mob. :eek:
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

What is equally frustrating is that we get absolutely NO reaction or word from any of the Dev's OR our Community Manager. Dreamweaver. I would hate to try to go around to every house I have purchased or have and pick up any portals. I do not even think I can remember where they all are. Each alt has multiple. I was able to control this via the door and now they took that away from us (among other things) and refuse to acknowledge they know of our issues. How much more frustration do they think we can deal with before we say enough and find someplace else to put our money? Seems to me 16 years is about enough.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*Sends her pack pony and mercenary back to the hall to bring two wagons back full of more tar, feathers, pitchforks, and torches.* Plenty for everybody folks, take as much as you want. I can send them back *points at the pony and the mercenary* for more if we need them*.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea AOE1 I know the feeling of trying to remember where the portals are. And actually in one house I hid them behind some stuff so they would not be easy to get to at all.
  19. Marae Well-Known Member

Most of my portals are concealed or at least made to look like part of the scenery. I have dozens of connections in some houses, and remembering where they all go - especially the prestige homes, where the portals may be in an inn room - is nigh impossible. If I wanted to "fix" things so I could best use my houses in their current state, it would take me weeks just to track everything down.

The thing I am really dreading is paying upkeep next month. I manage a few guild members' properties, and getting to all of them to do that is going to be a royal pain without my portals being accessible.
  20. Xariama_AB Member

Sorry, guys, we're not going to let you forget about this one, or sweep it under the rug. Fix this.