Figuring Out Spell Effeciency

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Occam, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I download an excel spreadsheet someone made so I could figure out the best spell rotation to maximize my dps. The spreadsheet was originally made for warlocks, but I figured it should work just as well for a necro. Unfortunately I'm stumped when it comes to things like dumbfire pets and the ascension, Ethershadow Assassin, since none of these list numbers in the descriptions.

I currently have Undead Horde, Blighted Horde, and Awaken Grave all together on a single macro, but I realize that's probably not the most efficient way to have them in my rotation. I know Undead Horde does a lot more damage than the other two, but beyond that I have no idea how to figure out the best place to put it in my rotation.

Has anyone figured this out or have any insight?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. You need to either use a guild hall dummy, or find a friendly guildhall that will let you use their dummy box and set up a group of 3-4 Epic, unkillable dummies. Then run ACT and throw those dumbfires at the dummies a bunch of times, and calculate the average damage.

Ethershadow Assassin varies because it's based on your health at the time, but again, you can toss it at a dummy several times (whistling and working on your manicure inbetween when it's up and ready to go again) and get an average.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sious Member

i'm afraid you can't do this any more inside the guild hall, training dummies became useless with BoL.
    Becouse of for example orange runes you will get different numbers inside the guildhall as in the overland. Currently we know it's orange runes but i'm not sure that's it.

sious
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

In short, you can't really do much to work out the efficiency of them. You'd just have to review parses and try work out their overall % of your damage vs how much you cast them.

Hidden numbers are fun.... Not.
  5. Occam Well-Known Member

This ^
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In that case, select an overland area in BoL with lots of mobs with fast respawns, and then turn on ACT and kill those mobs, and figure out the average damage they're doing based on ACT.
    Breanna likes this.