Chelsith solo is not solo

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Whatever999, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If I take your AA example, then at level 10 you get information on AAs. That is easy.
    So with that in mind, what does "new person" mean in your post?

You've been gone for ten years, the game couldn't stay where it was ten years ago (and still be interesting to those that have played through the years). Some effort should be put in and probably expected by those that are re-trying the game again.

If this was a newly released game then I could possibly understand the issues. This is a 15+ year game and those years have come with multiple mechanic changes, huge content additions and a myriad of other things that have been changed.

To be clear, I'm not trying to put you on the spot. Your post made me wonder what the thought process was and quoted you to post about it. Thanks for reading this far as I think my thoughts are all over the place :)
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You were posting as I was rambling. At level 100 you have to level via PoM. The quests will get you to 110 very quickly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Xianthia is right, you should be at 110 before you try to get to Luclin. That said, I am finding the access quest very difficult as well, and almost all of my characters are 110, and decently geared (although I am not a raider or anything like that). I managed to get through it with one character, grouped with two friends. It was not easy, but we made it through. That was probably my most powerful character, I should note. I tried it with one of my other characters, who I always thought was pretty tough and pretty powerful. I grouped her with a friend, who admittedly needs better gear. We each died several times and were not able to complete it. I haven't had a chance to try it with anyone else yet, and after reading about how much trouble people are having, I'm reluctant to rush into it until I know if it's working as intended or not.

If it's true that the heroic is currently easier than the solo, maybe I'll just try to get a couple more friends to help me and go through that way. I'll also try recasting all my buffs once inside the instance. Thanks for all those suggestions!
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

Well it used to be quickly. It takes a an entire faction and a half now. I just when through this with a bard with 60% vet bonus. Was brutally slow (only because ive done ti so much)
  5. Nunja Well-Known Member

Again the most likely culprit is gear, aa, and reforge. You shouldn't even try below 110 because it isn't meant for you. It is the prelude to BOL and that means you need to be 110.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

That's not good :(
  7. Marae Well-Known Member

In response to Nunja's post (and I still don't seem to be able to reply with quote for some reason): If the instance is intended for 110 and above (and it clearly is, I agree), that makes me wonder, why do they even let you in the door at level 100?
  8. Dreanna New Member

Sorry, yes I am 110 not 100 :) I don't mind working for anything, I'm not lazy, my whole gripe is I paid a lot of money, got a character boost, new gear, and I was super stoked to be back in EQ2 and really wanted to start questing again, then ran into this roadblock. I am mostly frustrated that the dungeon is called "Solo" when I can't solo all of it. It's misleading. If you want to call something solo, then make it solo, not solo for "a lot of people" and "not for others".

I have no problem dying for quests that I sign up for. I don't think its' right to make someone go through hoops like this to get to an expansion that they paid for.

I wish I could roll her back to her previous level and just forget the whole thing.

Thanks everyone.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to reforge and infuse and work on AA and such to be able to start a new expansion as a returning player bauble-buffed. It defeats the whole purpose of having a box of gear at the entrance of the new zone and having easy-to-kill mobs. I thought the whole point of buff + box was to ease players into the top tier and allow returning players to catch on quickly. If the mobs in the prelude are too hard to kill, it's not fun and doesn't entice old players to come back.

Best option anyway is to ask in general (or friends if you have some still around) for help. There's bound to be someone available to help on your server one day!

AA wise, you might want to check some characters on EQ2U for your class, trying to find some in raiding guilds and such, download their AA set and upload it to your char. It's what I'm doing with chars I don't play, it's always better than basic AA sets.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

My main (dps oriented) had no issue with the prelude. I could see others coming back especially having issues. But I've been able to take my poorly geared templar through with no issue and my even worse geared berserker through with no issue (and no they did not have any hand me downs from my main). So what classes are having issues? Maybe that would be more informative for the devs.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'd look at your AA first. I have only just come back and my old AA spec was incredibly outdated by missing just one expansion.

Also make sure you've done the Panda Quests. You definitely need the stamina and potency bauble and the daring white adorns, plus the other adorns that are NOT orange. You only need to do them on one character then your whole account can take advantage of all on offer.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/The_%22Travels%22_of_Yun_Zi_Timeline

What new gear did you get? Does it come with the boost? Does it have adornments?
    You might want to go to Myrist and see if the armor you can pick up there is better. Or if it's not better and there's no adornments on it, get the new armor out of the box and use the adornments from it. (adornment removal thing from class trainer? I think ... I can't remember now)
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tishan's_Lockbox_(Myrist)
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yes there are some large gains in HPs to be made in AAs.
  13. Whatever999 New Member

@Blazen
    If you wnat to go that route, I can state that my lvl 28 Warlock soloed a dragon during the Dragons Attack festival at the end of 2019. Completely true statement but I doubt anyone will understand the context.
    You uploaded a youtube video, maybe, showing a fresh lvl 110 with no merc and no adorns? Please try to keep relevant and helpful in the future instead of bring a partial quote out of context from almost a month ago.
  14. Chris Thompson Active Member

It took me about a dozen tries to finish Chelsith on my Illusionist with a paladin merc. I waffled between enjoying the challenge and being utterly frustrated. I finally finished it using a mix of the freebie gear and stuff I picked up in Plane of Magic. Getting one-shotted is a sign you didn't gear up properly. Wiping after a prolonged fight just means you need a different strategy. I definitely could not play Chelsith the same way I'd been soloing for years. Live and learn, adapt innovate overcome.
    Xianthia likes this.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Me and my son did Chelsith together pre Lucilin release on our 110 heroics. Other than power drains we had no problems, After release, we discovered that the names seem the same in difficulty as before. But the trash mobs are insanely overtuned.
  16. Whatever999 New Member

I'm not sure people understand that the algorithm from CD (pre-release date of BoL) works differently than the tuning for the algorithm in BoL zones. The prequest is now part of BoL after the release date of BoL, if the posts from the thread a developer was discussing this zone can be believed. Maybe it changed... and changed again.... and yet again... etc. It can all be taken with a grain of salt, so the saying goes. There have been posts in other parts of this forum and on discord, so I'm told, and I want to thank all of you for your assistance in making this better with constructive criticism. I would also like to thank Chrol and other developers for the lengthy list of bug fixes and hotfix adjustments for this zone as well as other zones.
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The biggest difference that I know of is the buff for the zone was not being applied if you hadn't gotten it yet. That they say has been fixed so that anyone going to the zone gets the buff. I don't have any chars to test that with. But hopefully that is now in place.
  18. Marae Well-Known Member

Balcerak, yes, that buff is now applied on entering the zone. My friend and I still failed to complete the zone, however, since we got royally clobbered and limped home to lick our wounds and get repairs after dying a few times. The fact that I'm a ranger and she's a pet user (illusionist), with both those classes' current compromises, probably didn't help matters. We're working on other things (and hopefully improving our abilities) until we get our courage back up to try again.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ALL of the yard trash can be avoid.
    and if one is quick of reflexes and can INTERRUPT the Named, the power drains can be kept at a manageable level.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Whatever999 New Member

I had run my Fury through this zone again after dinging lvl 120 and using the quest armor from BoL with some BoL drop quest rewards and it wasn't a problem at all. Took about half an hour to completely run through and I didn't respec my AAs. My Fury has had custom spec AA for at least 5 years and maxed at 340 AA years ago when it was the max. Now I'm at 350 AA points. The point is, there was no reason to prevent this char from getting to Luclin so I could progress in the quests and upgrade everything as I go. That was the point of me opening up this thread.
    As for changes to this zone, I abandoned my Monk a couple of days after getting through this zone as someone was nice enough to run my Fury through. I didn't change armor, no change to AAs, no change to weapons, same merc, still free everything from BoL chest when zoning in, including orange adorns on my Monk. So with little change to my now lvl 112 Monk (I used a less leveled mount - Umbra, though), I went into the zone today (2020/01/26) and quickly ran through the first named. It felt like a typical solo zone and was very quick compared to the 8 plus hours I was playing before to get to the last named mob (multiple times). It is a very very different zone now based on my experience and results.
    Again, thank you to all for the info and other threads that were opened to assist with this zone.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.