Not A Bug Overseer Agent Trait Icons Usabillity

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The changes to the Overseer Agent Trait icons are so bad as to make the icons completely unusable, you might as well skip the icons and just list the traits as text. Therefore, even if this is "as intended" I consider it a bug because it lowers playability by making the traits harder to distinguish and match.

If you're going to change the icons, make them more unique. There's 214 pages of icons in /UI/Default/images/icons which should surely give us some scope for uniqueness and appropriateness.

Here are the Traits I know about, and the icons I'd have selected for them:
    [IMG]
  2. Nunja Well-Known Member

Totally agree!!
    Cyrrena, Lateana, Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Me too also!!!!
    Cyrrena, Lateana, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I haven't been in game yet today so I hadn't realized they changed them. I am curious, however, what minion offers the Cautious trait? I have yet to find one that has that trait which renders one of my long cooldown quests virtually useless as I ALWAYS end up sending a blue title minion on that quest.

The pile of coins icon is Lucky. Trying to recall off the top of my head what the fire icon is, but that one is eluding me. I don't think I've ever seen the Righteous icon either on a minion or on a quest.
    Cyrrena, Lateana and Zynt like this.
  5. Gerak Well-Known Member

Cautious is from Xiang Jie (Celestial Minion)
    Merriel, Cyrrena, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

i am vissimn imparted and the new icons are very hard to destinquish form each other now since most are shades of grey and black
    Cyrrena, Carynn, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Feedbacked the same from test, obviously I agree.
    Cyrrena, Lateana, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You're hired! Those icons are so much better than the current. Those actually make sense.
    Cyrrena, Lateana, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

The general point of icons is to be recognized and differentiated at a glance. The new icons are huge step backwards on both of those things.
    If using icons such as Sigrdrifa suggested is more work than is... allocated.. please at least revert to the previous icons.
    Argosunited, Merriel, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  10. Zylara Well-Known Member

Have to agree that the new icons are alot harder to distinguish from each other and i dont have any eyesight problems, so I can well imagine what it would be like for those whose vision isnt 100%
    Whilhelmina, Cyrrena, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Extremely hard to see what the hell they are now.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes my eyes are fine at least for the most part. And these icons are...well.... not good to put it mildly.
    Mermut, Whilhelmina, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  13. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I feel like you and I would get along splendidly.
    Whilhelmina, Cyrrena and Argosunited like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

lol I'm sure we would.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

We can start a two monk guild named <Grumpy> on test. I'm sure Mermut would join too but then it wouldn't be a two monk guild.
    Argosunited, Whilhelmina and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have to get really close to the screen now to see any difference in some of them and a few are just hairy blobs.
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Marae Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten very far with overseer quests, waiting for some of the kinks to get ironed out. This gives me one more reason to hold off, since my vision isn't the greatest, either. I much prefer text to icons anyway, but Sigrdrifa's look pretty clear to me. Do the current icons show you text when you mouse over them?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. PurpleChicken Active Member

Yup. A collection of tiny brown/grey smudges that are all very similar as far as I can tell. Impossible to see at the sizes they are on the overseer window. Please change them to Sigdrifa's icons or at least just the words.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Just use text. On a 4k monitor tou cant see anything lol.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes they do show the text when you mouse over them, it's the only way to tell the difference on half of them.
    Mermut, Whilhelmina and Cyrrena like this.