Enough of the ESSENCE OF CHAOS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

P.S. ttobey is another good example of how to do it right. He can be brutally honest (which we appreciate) but he also keeps things fun and positive. Kaitheel is up there also :)
    Alenna, Juraiya, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It all speaks to the same issue - itemization.
    Cataclysm likes this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I think the vast majority of people want just that - honesty. Be upfront, don't be afraid to change things up, and also give those that want to come along for the ride a way to get on the bus. Waffling around for months and changing things unexpectedly is not a good idea.
    Kheldar, Tkia, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  4. Gameshark Member

Guess i finally have a reason to actually quit eq2 after 12 years of it. i bought Bol and a month of gameplay, i asked in chat whats wrong with the expak, everybody: nothing is wrong no bugs. everybody on forums: everything is fd up and devs dont care about us. No way in hell am i wasting my time on a quest to get crap rewards. And no, none of you can have my stuff.
    Kheldar and EmJay like this.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

What they should have done is put "Shadowed Rares" in place of the essence of chaos that way people could get something useful from their overseers and tradeskill quests. Then they could have kept in the original shadow harvesting system.

That would have solved two problems with this expack.
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except there isn't anything useful to make with shadowed rares either... alas.
    Kheldar, Cataclysm, AOE1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Got a whole TS Sig line dedicated to getting a ugly stave that you can click to see shadow harvests that disappear 30 seconds after you harvest one and that you can also see from a harvest that is more common than rare fish so you can get more shadow harvests that you don't need more than a couple dozen of to make some experts if you get lucky enough to slay the RNG Gods of Overseerlisium for a chance at a recipe book that can't be advanced, but has to be the higher level, cause advanced books make adepts not experts and all the MC gear is like the garbage you find in the pay by the pound bins at Goodwill.
    Kheldar, Cataclysm, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  8. Zylara Well-Known Member

Personally I dont mind the fragments or planar energies as they can still be useful not only for my alts lol but for people who are either just coming to the game or working on their alts (ascensions and 2.0 upgrades) but seriously the Essence of Chaos is NOT any use now unless someone is gonna lock a toon and have need of the orange runes and i have to admit whilst I dont normally say anything about freebies that i really dont have to do much work for, this is getting beyond ridiculous with how many of these everyone is getting now (why couldnt they have been this easy to get last expac lol)
    Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I'll bet anybody a dollar, real world cash money, when blue adorns get disabled and replaced with mauve adorns next expac we get blue adorns from missions.
    Kheldar, Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  10. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Guess what after the expert crafting changes sets of shadowed rares started to drop from overseer missions......
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

It used to take a shadowed rare to make expert spells but then they changed it to only use commons. What I am saying here is if they put shadow rares on the overseer then they would NOT have had to change the recipes to commons.
  12. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I sorta think you might be missing the point. I'm inclined to believe Caith is trolling folks a bit. "Here, have all the mats you want. They don't matter."
    Kheldar, Avithax, EmJay and 2 others like this.
  13. Priority Well-Known Member

Can't help but agree with 95% of this thread. Overseer rewards are trash, itemization is trash, crafting is trash, I still haven't gotten a single usable recipe from overseers, I have zero VIII red runes, but I sure as hell have gotten enough planar energies to craft epic 2.0 spells for every character on my account including the deleted ones and I've had a few alts in the last 15 years.

Enough of the RNG bs, give us a real way to EARN rewards, not hope and pray that your garbage system chooses to grace is with a non sh*t reward.
    Kheldar, Agarth, EmJay and 6 others like this.
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

Just a point of reference, for the last few days, I've not gotten a single Essence of Chaos. I'm sure now I'll get flooded with them again.

I've started keeping a database. I'm a little nerdy... I got another 10 hour mission as a Mythical bonus chest reward from a 10 hour mission. Today, out of my 10, only 2 of them are going to end up being treasured (I think it pulled down 3 treasured, but I was able to recycle.)
    Argosunited likes this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I got a mythical chest today, in it was a 20% infuser. My luck seriously sucks but that really irked me.
    My last essence of garbage was yesterday. I just destroy them now, I already have enough to supply everyone's alts on HoF.
    Kheldar, Zynt and Tangris like this.
  16. CSP84 Well-Known Member

My last 10 hour mission rewarded me a Greater fragment in the fabled chest and a Superior Fragment in the mythical chest.....
  17. Gharyn Well-Known Member

My last 10 hour mission (yesterday) rewarded me a Superior fragment in the fabled chest and a Superior Fragment in the mythical chest.
  18. Almee Well-Known Member

I am so glad you all are complaining. I wanted to but I had already complained enough about BoL. We've had some messed up xpacs, in the past (KA springs to mind), but I think BoL takes the cake. I just shake my head and wonder what they were thinking.

EQ2 has so many strengths--crafting, harvesting, shinies, the old instances, decorating, etc. I don't understand why DB isn't expanding on those strengths instead of emasculating many them or making them needlessly complicated.

Like many of you, I'm about to stop doing the Overseer quests. The stuff I'm getting is just filling up my bank slots as it has little practical use. And I'm in no hurry to take my characters to BoL until they get the kinks worked out. The last thing I need is to do is quest to get more stuff I have to throw away. I spend too much time now destroying useless stuff.
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. I just completed a 10 hour one and got a Overseer. One of the same overseer's I used in the quest. Not a happy camper with this overseer thing. Mostly common harvest or junk.
    Kheldar likes this.
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Now that is funny. I hope you weren't being serious about looking forward to it being changed in tomorrow's patch.