Empyral Mana

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Occam, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I know they're rare (the broker prices are painful), but where do you actually GET them? I've looked all over online but there is very little info regarding BoL crafting.
  2. Laita Well-Known Member

Transmute a 111-120 fabled item and pray, lol... they'll be a lot more common if/when DB ever puts in the recipes for them... hopefully soon :/
    Beee likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The chances of seeing the distillation/dillution recipes for current tier adorning mats is vanishingly small. They haven't even gotten around to making the ones for LAST tier yet.
    Lateana, Beee and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Occam Well-Known Member

Yikes! I was afraid it was something like that.
    Guess it's time to stop giving my alts fabled hand-me-downs.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

I saved about 20 fabled items for my alts but alas I muted them for mana last night. Got just 1 for muting 20 :mad:
  6. morderir Active Member

its hurt ...
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I gave up hoping they would put out the recipe in the last xpac so I have no doubt that we will NEVER see one for this mess.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Tabri Well-Known Member

I just looked for the recipes for this tier so that I could convert powders and such and there is none. Did they just forget to add these recipes or they dont want us doing that anymore? This was the only way I was ever to get manas because fabled you can mute is too hard to obtain usually and my luck getting them through muting has always been horrid. Its causing the market to be extremely overpriced also.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

They did not forget. They don't want you to be able to do that with current mats anymore. It's been like that the last 3 expansions unfortunately.
    Lateana, Tangris and Mermut like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

You have a better chance on winning the lottery than you do getting one of these from transmuting and just how many crafters are able to get enough fabled items anyway? It is still random.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

These are still very rare but there seems to be more of these available on the broker now. They used to sell for 1 million and now down to 500k on the broker. I guess most people no longer need the heroic loot now so all them will be mute fodder so we should see prices drops 100k soon.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

That doesn't give a good enough excuse for them to not put the recipe out for crafters to have. Not everyone wants to spend 500K to 3+million plat PER Empyral Mana nor should they have to.
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't really understand the complaint about the recipe. It was just an means to an end. The real issue is Empyral Mana are very rare.

The developers want mana to be rare so they want to control the supply of it so removing the recipe is one way for them to do it. They could still add the recipe and make the infusions rare too and we will be back to where we started!

If I understand you correctly, you want crafters to have access to mana without going to heroics and transmuting the loot? If that’s the case how will the recipe help?
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Yes, the recipe let us use what we had to make what we needed to make an item that we needed. That is the purpose of tradeskills. You get a recipe, you use items you have to make what you need.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

You have common harvest and rare harvest. As far as I am aware there is no recipe which will convert certain amount of common harvest to a single rare harvest. Given this why should there be a recipe which should convert a common transmute material to a rare transmute material?
  16. Yenk Active Member

Have a Mutagenic essence and the chance to get an empyral mana is a bit higher.
    But in view of the price of an empyral mana it is already a success if only one more from 20 fables gives an empyral mana.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They never release the Dilutions and Distillations recipes for the current expansion's transmuting materials. Usually they do release it one or two expansions later.
    Evguenil62 and Breanna like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are Distillation and Dilution recipes for transmuting materials for most tiers, just not the current stuff. What if I have a mana but need infusions? Using the Dilutions recipes lets me break it down. If I have ten stacks of powder, I can use Distillation to make the powders into frags, the frags into infusions, and the infusions into a mana. It's very time consuming.

If you have arrived in BoL and need to level adorning skills, you can go to whatever the highest tier of Dilutions/Distillations, scribe those recipes, and buy one mana. then break that mana all the way down, and if you still aren't leveled, distill the bits back up as high as you can go (there is some loss along the way). Rinse and repeat. That's a very economical way to level adorning.

They don't want us to have easy access to manas in current content because they don't want everybody overpowered for the content. If you are Solo only, you may get an occasional mana. If you are doing some Heroics, Fabled gear has a chance to get manas, ditto raids. If you get too much Good Stuff in terms of gear too early, there is no progression after that and people get bored.
    Evguenil62 and Breanna like this.
  19. Yenk Active Member

Yes, PoP was the last xpac with the possibility of conversion of transmuting results.
  20. Drona Well-Known Member

I understand why people want it but what I don't understand is why people think they should have something like this for transmuting materiel but not for other stuff :) For example I have loads of common metal and I too would like to convert them to rare metal as well!

The point is that the developers want mana to be rare so if you have recipe which will convert infusion to mana then infusion will be rare as well and you will be back to where you started as the *real issue* here is that mana's are rare!