Cannot Reproduce Stamina infusers

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kuulei, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It appears infusing with stamina is broken, no matter what stamina infuser you use "first" on a BoL gear, subsequent attempts to use higher-rated infusers, does NOT work.
    If you use Celestial Standard Stamina infuser until they stop working, attempts to use Celestial Advanced Stamina Infuser, Empyral Standard, Empyral Advanced and Empyral Ancient do not work.
    Also any special infuser (Bonus Layer) such as cobalt crate, achievement / beta / quest reward, etc., do NOT reward the minimal amount promised as reported HERE originally and again in this POST
    Cassta, Udonn, Jinksie and 15 others like this.
  2. Rashi New Member

Yeah, this might explain why everytime I upgrade a piece of gear my health is going down
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a bug. It is just that most of the advanced celestial infusers and the some of the empyral infusers only have a 20% chance of working at all.

But crafted celestial infusers work quite well 100% of the time, but for lesser amounts (being a previous xpac item).

Gear can then be topped off with new xpac empyral infusers 20% of the time or 100% of the time with the special infusers that drop from the Overseer...rarely.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Twofeets Active Member

It appears bugged to me. I was fully infused with the crafted planar infusers. When my wife gained the ability to make empyral infusers I tried to upgrade, only get the message that I could not infuse it more. It seems like the new infusers should exceed the cap of the old ones...
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

it's working fine. there is an internal cap of 1/3 of base stat per layer. on most pieces right now advanced CD stamina infusers of 789 is higher than the 1/3 cap, therefore the higher Empyral infusers don't work after CD ones stop.
    Raff and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Then the last layer of infusers should not say "has 100% chance to increase sta XXXX" and changed to perhaps "100% chance to increase sta your amount may vary " :rolleyes:

I used a ITEM -145999178 1989645264 0 0 0:Legendary Runed Cobalt Equipment Infuser
    Now the infuser, upon examining, states it will give 1052.0 to 1315.0 stamina
    however when I used it, I was only given an additional 455 stamina.
    Cassta, Udonn and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Every infuser has a max amount above base that they will raise you, and I'm guessing that was not changed when they cut-and-pasted from older infusers. I'm not having problems with STA infusers, but ABMod ones and CB I am. I will do some deliberate testing and see if I can prove my hypothesis.
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

Look - noone's gonna deny that the infusing interface is both a functional mess*, a management mess** and an opaque mechanics mess***, but it's been like this from the inception, is documented on wiki, so its just caveat emptor. Chances of it being re-worked? Zero. It'd be a really involved redesign project and it sorta works as is, so suck it up, buttercup

* with it's new and "improved" lag-busting but arthritis-inducing built in pause. where's the slider and max-infuse button to avoid this nonsense

** with almost an entire 36slot bag chock-full of these Skittles, the management of infusers is in beyond ridiculous state. it's pretty clear scaling problems were not considered at its creation. infusers should be by default stored and show up only on the infusing interface. ideally just accumulated as account-wide pool or at worst for purposes of transferring them between alts, they can be moved to bag like currency is done right now

*** the 3 separate infusing layers aren't discussed on the infusing GUI - esoteric knowledge. the silent 1/3 cap of base stat per layer always gets new people - esoteric knowledge. how much power is stored up on an infuse-fail for the next success - esoteric knowledge. why in some cases you can break thru the caps, while not others - esoteric knowledge that's an accumulation of only-remaining-fun-sucking nerfs over pre-existing esoteric mechanics.
    Cassta and Zynt like this.
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

all Luclin infusers - dropped and crafted, including CB and AMod - work correctly
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Niokissa New Member

Here's an example of infusers not working: Sanctum Staff of Rage, brand new,never infused, so cant' be at a cap. CB infusers of any level, planar, celestial, empyral, quested, etc., will not work. Staff has Crit Bonus on it, so some level should work. Ability Mod quit working after infused with celestials. Stamina and Potency work fine, max out on celestial and empyral still work.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

it's working. sigh. details matter

Sanctum Staff of Rage has no native CB, which you can observe by linking the item to yourself, thereby stripping infused stats. small amounts of CB that show up for some reason sometimes during plat infuse is not native - some recent bug with randomized pre-infusion on items.

native AMod is 18k, 1/3 of which is less than celestial

next patient
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

So the 1/3 is for each layer right? So if an item has 100 stat then this is what u will get?

Deity - 33
    Physical - 33
    Bonus - 33

So what this means is that, its not always good idea to use use an lower infuser first? So if you had 2 infusers, one is 10 and other is 33. You are better off using the 33 straight off and be done with it?

Thanks
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

correct.

in your example - yes. altho i can't think of a real-values scenario at moment where that'd be true.
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Xavion Well-Known Member

infusion in diety and physical are borked neither properly infuses to the cap. the diety one says 7,000+ but doesn't even get close same with the infusers claims to hit 1k+ but stops around maybe 400
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Twisty Well-Known Member

this guy... start by reading at the top
  16. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody provide additional items they've encountered this issue with and the infusers they used?
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I don't know about other xpacs, but this has been a consistent feature of BoL, every piece I've had has had this problem, and I've used every infuser in the xpac, dropped, quested, bonus and crafted. It should be easy to recreate this.

Even plat infusing doesn't seem to work properly for stamina. I thought this was well known about and accepted as broken?
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

if one start with empyral standard infusers and then go to empyral advanced, sometimes (especially with potency and stamina) you cant use the empyral advanced ones because you have hit some sort of ceiling. you cant use the empyral ancient ones either

it feels inconsistent and random
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The tooltip says you can add 7364 stamina with deity layer, and 1578 stamina with physical layer.

When I look up my character on EQ2U and check his Shadowwalled Tunic of Destruction, for example, I've maxed out infusing on deity layer, also maxed out all stats using crafted infusers and added I think a legendary bonus infuser.

It says I've added 1393 stamina to the deity layer, 1164 stamina to the physical layer and another bit on the bonus layer, which I'm less concerned about.

So either the tooltip is way out, or infusing isn't working right. The deity layer falls way way short of the tooltip on both stamina and ability mod (I checked other items and it infuses about 1/3 of the tooltip), but the tooltip is spot-on for potency and crit bonus. So I'm inclined to think we're being sold way short on stamina and ab mod, which is probably why challenge raid surge damage seems so redonkulous.

Ab mod appears (I need to keep looking) to infuse correctly on the physical layer, but like I said, it's way short on the deity layer if the tooltip is to be believed.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, there's an item problem with Crit Bonus. A lot of BOL gear comes with ridiculously low amounts of CB, like 4. That's four, not four-hundred or four-thousand. If you take such an item an reforge all the Crit Bonus into Potency, the Potency stays the same, but the Crit Bonus increases to a normal amount, say going from 4 to 200 or so.

Items with this Crit Bonus problem won't take CB Infusers.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.