Cannot Reproduce Inability to Zone into Ward of Chaos Elements

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I was forwarded this message, and thought it important enough to address here,...

===Forwarded Message===
    ALCON:
    As a formal complaint from the Guild of Disabled Ratonga of Norrath (GRN) branch 37.
    Our member in good standing, Tyflos, whom has been blind from birth, expressed concern his disabilities were not being taken into consideration, and in fact were being actively exploited to further detriment him.
    He has found that is faithful Seeing-Eye Gnoll was being PREVENTED from joining him in Ward of Chaos Elements; This whom has valiantly assisted Tyflos in all areas where-in his disability severely limited or prevented him from finding his way in various lands or dungeons.
    AS we all know, Ratongan do innately make sound where they may "see" the world around them, as well as Tyflos' well developed ability to sense heat, both of which might normally be used while he limps along. However, within the Ward of Chaos Elements, these are as shown below, not helpful.

per the message we received from Tyflos' transcriptionist:
    "me's nono kin sees in here! des pace door locky so's no udders be com ins. Fend uh mines, Skiakreeboh, me's seeing-I Gnolls no gets in! says "You do not meet the entrance requirements." an me's noes he dun gots in der befor!! pweas, Pweas, PWEAS makey so dat udders opens doors to Wardy!"

When sonically viewed:
    [IMG]

When thermally viewed:
    [IMG]
    Whatever999, Cyrrena, Kuulei and 2 others like this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If the problem was to zone in Chaos Element during the timeline (and not in the repeatable zone afterwards) I think you need to CoV the other player inside to be in the same instance with 2 chars.

Sonic vision sure isn't helpful there!

(and I love the message!)
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Aye, ma'am, Call of Veteran does help in many cases; However, those whom have attempted to join Tyflos were presented with the error message: "You do not meet the entrance requirements."
    I have been attempting to bring the tradeskilled that I steward up through PoP, CD, et al.
    Tyflos is the last remaining, and with the help from his Seeing-Eye Gnoll has brought him thus far;
    He currently is being prevented right here by this ARBITRARY* change preventing others from joining.

*(yes. arbitrary is the correct term, as memory does serve where others in the past HAVE been able to join via CoV to assist those weak or infirm to complete)
    Whatever999, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you get that kind of vision problem, it often is because the textures failed to load. Have you tried closing the game, running the Launchpad, click the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon) and asking it to Validate Files?

'Tho' honestly, when I have had this happen, sometimes just closing the game then restarting it has fixed it...
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Ma'am; thank you for your input, Tyflos, I know would also show appreciation.
    However, the points of view presented are not due to a lack of files, nor want of processing power, as Validation rendered no new files, and even cranking up graphics quality from Balanced to Extreme Quality did not change Tyflos' ability to see from what is shown above.

It is still hoped that the area ALLOW others to join him, so that he need not be a burden on others in the community, save those whom have chosen to help bear his burden, namely his friend the Seeing-Eye Gnoll, Skiakreeboh.
    Whatever999 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

as Tyflos has been chagrining his disability and feeling quite alone; I ran an inadvertent experiment on AB server, and come to find that there is a pin-hole access that is seemingly allowed. This pin hole is by no mean a justification, for there is NO good reason for the PREVENTION above stated; However, if the friend of one whom has just zoned into WoCE has themselves also satisfied the initial zone-in, THEY whom are on that EXACT step of the Signature Quest seemingly are allowed to CoV into WoCE.

.. just open the zone to any others are willing and able to assist those in need.
    Breanna, Whatever999 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Just verified this evening, and today's patch did NOT fix WoCE; one attempting to join Tyflos via CoV is presented with the cryptically vague and ambiguous error: "You do not meet the entrance requirements."
    So the zone is STILL BROKEN.
    Breanna, Whatever999 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Whatever999 likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have had "vision" problems in my Kromzek Keep right where you zone in, its like thick fog, luckily I know its a drop off on both sides of a stone bridge otherwise I would plummet to my death. I also have this same issue in the Kromzek Keep (not the prestige house) in various areas with the same thing, thick fog. I also have a green dense fog in Guk. I have had this issue since an update maybe 4 years ago and have replaced and updated computers and graphics cards, drivers, validated files, etc countless times, and nothing has fixed it.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

and,... what other Ward of Chaos Elements is there?:rolleyes:
    Breanna and Whatever999 like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sounds like it's time to install guardrails!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Have you had the same message when grouped with Tyflos and they just zone you in?
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

The error message is only received when a former participant attempts to use Call of Veteran to join Tyflos.
    This zone, by the way, does NOT, nor has ever had a Zone-wide, Group-wide zone-in. :confused:
    Kuulei and Whatever999 like this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?