I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

Bravo! Well said!
    Laaw, Umuk, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

ROFL
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, he is. :)

And hail the soloers! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Laaw, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Go ahead, Miley Cyrus, climb that... >;->

Uwk
  5. Umuk New Member

6. Beastlord Active Member

I would just like to take this time to say that this is to WORST release of any Expansion in the History Of The Game!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why bend Dreamweaver's ear over it? He probably doesn't have anything to do with it, can't fix any bugs, and might not even be able to send along specific bug reports.

Do what I do: wait until September to get the expac, when it'll go on sale. And by then, hopefully the bugs will all have been squashed. ;->

Uwk
    who isn't playing that "paying for the privilege of beta testing that should've been done before the release" game any more ;->
  8. Adept Active Member

Who else would we tell? Surely Community Manager would be a players liaison with Daybreak?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Beastlord Active Member

Not sure if you are aware of what a job is, but it is Dreamweaver's job to deal with the voice of the community. Good And Bad!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what a job is, just wasn't sure this was part of Dreamweaver's job description. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Bug Report forum seems like a good place.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Depending on the issue Sigrdrifa is correct the bug reports forum is a good place. If it's a general complaint and you'd like to discuss it always feel free to send me a message as well. I may not always be able to do something but I am here to listen.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, Dreamweaver is a liaison between the community and the developers. But, and that is a big BUT, nothing in that statement, is constructive. In order for your feedback to be productive, it needs to be presented in a constructive manner.

One can say "I hate that thing". This does not tell the developers of the "thing" anything about why the person or people hate the "thing".
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and so far Dreamweaver was a really helpful Dev indeed , he listens to us .
    So say what was so awful and if possible it will get fixed
    Most likely it's already fixed or the crew at DB is working on it .
    and this is why many companies come out with another version of the game once it becomes this complex
    Be happy you can still play this game
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True! They're probably hammering down the various hated bugs as we speak. :)

Uwk
    who was curious about EQ3 until seeing the map... :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Prox Well-Known Member

We truly appreciate everything all the Devs do , there is a lot of frustration going around right now. I find that Dreamweaver does a great job of keeping us up to date and informed.
  17. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Welcome dreamweaver! How nice to meet you. I'm wondering if you've heard anything about us Daybreak gamers purchasing RL T-shirts for Daybreak or more precisely for Everquest II. I'd like to advertise & wear my favorite game on my chest wherever I go. Heard anything about some good T-shirt designs for us? Thanks.
  18. PsiberDaemon Active Member

how is that constructive? Dreamweaver is a community liaison, not a mind reader. they can't just go to the devs and say "so and so doesn't like it. no, I don't know why, they just don't like it."
  19. PsiberDaemon Active Member

I would SO do this! I've been around since Bloodline Chronicles and with the exception of Equinox magazine, haven't seen much Norrath loving! Meanwhile, Hot Topic and others are overflowing with merch from "the other one" :D
  20. PsiberDaemon Active Member

DW, I do have a question/comment... I've been a programmer for a number of years, so I know all too well the heady emotional rollercoaster that is "release day" LOL ... I'm curious though... I seem to recall "Rise of Kunark" being an exceptionally easy and smooth release. I know that prior to the actual release date, DBG (well, SOE at the time) started downloading bits and pieces to everyone's machines so that on release day very little had to be updated on the client side. If memory serves, we weren't down nearly as long as usual and other than a few technical issues, there was no zone crashing or long delays as everyone's machines were alreaddy updated amd only downloaded a few files rather than the entire xpac at the same time. I've noticed a few other companies do the same thing (including they who shall not be named LOL (just kidding, I have no problem with the folks at Bliz or WoW, it's just not the game for me)) did SOE/DBG discontinue that process? It seems like after EoF and RoK, it went back to lengthy downloads etc... just curious. Thanks!