Enough of the ESSENCE OF CHAOS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can you please remove the Essence of Chaos from the following loot tables.

They are NOT CURRENT.

Cobalt Crates <=== we pay for these, I do not want to, nor should I receive outdated, useless, loot in them.

Harvesting Quests <=== take them out and add .. RECIPE BOOKS. you know, something we can actually use for THIS EXPANSION

Overseer Missions <=== be aware Essence of Chaos are from the LAST EXPANSION AND USED FOR ORANGE RUNES. Orange runes are not even relevant this expansion. ENOUGH OF THEM ALREADY.

Honestly out of all the bugs with this latest expansion it is these essences that are going to be my last straw. It just feels so lazy on DBG's behalf.
    Tekka, Kittybock, SynnikuL and 37 others like this.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

A - We're going to have all of these possible rewards in these BoL loot boxes. One of those is going to be Essence of Chaos.

B- But aren't those for orange adornments that are disabled in current content?

A - Yes, but alts.

B - Alts? You mean characters that spend an hour or two under level 110 and have like, 3 different ways to get gear that is already chock full of orange adornments?

A- Yes, and we're going to stick orange adornments in all of the starter gear for BoL too.

B - But they don't work in BoL.

A- Exactly!
    Tekka, Kittybock, Cataclysm and 15 others like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

I wish they would decide on a color of adornments and stick with it. I learned all the purple recipes and no sooner had I done so than they promptly made them irrelevant. I never even found the orange recipes (did they exist?) but was swimming in orange adornments anyway from Days of Summer (although half of them were for abilities I never used) and the free gear crates. Now I have to sort adornments all over again. I'd just like to be able to remove them from my old gear and slot them in my new, and only worry about replacing them when higher level ones become available in the course of game play. The way it has been going, it seems like every expansion I have to spend a day or two just juggling adornments on my all my characters, which is tedious and frustrating.

That said, I am grateful to have the adornments and the advantages they grant. I just wish it was a simpler system. And honestly, I enjoy making them for myself and would rather be able to get recipes and mats and do that than always having them given to me.
    Mycenia, Juraiya, Jaeded and 7 others like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

What they said.
    Argosunited, Kittybock, Almee and 2 others like this.
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

Please also remove those fragment of planar energy and put them on a vendor if anyone needs them
    Argosunited, Kittybock, Almee and 3 others like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Ive been thinking lately about buying some Cobalt crates but holding off since this is the common reward from cobalt crates
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Please can we have some word on these being removed from the loot tables.
    Almee, Quillyne, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

I got a 10 hour overseer quest. I stayed up until 2am to see what I would get. I had 4 of the 5 traits fulfilled - I had a 60% chance at a bonus chest.

I was pretty happy that I got a MYTHICAL bonus chest.

You guessed where this is going... I got a freaking Essence of Chaos.

Why even bother....
    Juraiya, Ashandra, AOE1 and 12 others like this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I've got a 62% chance for a bonus 10 hour that's waiting on my right now. if I get an Essence of Chaos I'm gonna wild out.
    Almee likes this.
  10. Rarkevan Active Member

So so SOOOOOOOO sick of essence of chaos as reward for my ten hour quest. I only see that quest once every 4 days anyway. Blech. Please just get rid of the overseer system altogether, it's cruel and a waste of time.
    Juraiya, Almee, Feldon and 4 others like this.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Remove chaos of essence and add some ancient ascension scrolls and books with a low chance. Hardly any server have any of them on broker (except for geomancers and thauma) any more because no one runs T3 PoP raids.
    Juraiya, Almee, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Are these being removed this week?
    Zynt and Kuulei like this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I got one from the Test build yesterday from a bonus chest on a 5h mission (and we're ahead of you) so I wouldn't hold my breath.
  14. Tangris Well-Known Member

Very depressing when you kill an end boss, get a daily or weekly, PQ crate and get 1 infuser, then turn around and get a nice 3.5-5 hour overseer quest, and a bonus chest and get one lesser frag and an essence of chaos.
    MAKE SUCCESS GREAT AGAIN!!!!!
    Not a letdown.

Also take frags and essence's out of the cobalt crates and add some cool stuff (recipe books????) and maybe sales will increase on them.
    SynnikuL, Juraiya and Argosunited like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

These are not being removed from loot tables at this time. They are not there only for alts they are also there for new players leveling through the game and other servers. This is not a bug.

I am not going to lock the thread however I am going to move it to general if you'd like to continue the conversation.

I will bring up the feedback to the dev team.
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  16. Tangris Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver then lower the chance to get those and frags, and increase things active current players want, I get them ALL THE TIME.
    VivoDivo likes this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

plz give non alts new recipes that need like 5 of these to make stuff we need and want
  18. Golum Active Member

At this point:
    1) Taking our useless coins because of a bug...
    2) Mounts still not rendering correctly...
    3) The inability to use new red adorns on our Ethereal armor...
    4) Getting old junk as current quest rewards...

...it is very tough to not go negative...
  19. Ayudame Member

They have NEVER kept old essences in new expansions before.

We didn't get essence of magic's in PoM quests.

Why the sudden change? Makes no sense unless you're trying to make that DBC button look more appealing
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Items that are useless in current content should not be left in because of people doing previous content.

If someone is doing BoL content, they are not going to be doing last expacs content. It just makes no sense against the whole aspect of progression.

At the very least, where these are a reward in BoL, they should be updated to at least be something useful in this expac. Even if its consumables/infusers etc.