Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Disrption Active Member

So if you missed CD is there another more modern way of catching up your Fervor?

Upon inspection of others I see amazing Blue runes (Celestial Rune of Embers, Celestial Rune of Mystery, etc.) on others.These amount for A LOT (+70, +55 from 2 of them, +35 from another) and I mean 200+ Fervor you carry over from the previous xpac is...wow. I don't see how any player who missed CD could do appropriate DPS lacking that stat, and will be worthless DPS in group. Maybe I could play BoL content past Solos as a healer? Other than that option I am not seeing much hope of seeing any of BoL past soloing, sigh.

Do I have any other choice than going back to the old heroics and raids? Just hoping for a definitive answer from someone who knows, thanks for your time and replies :)
    Whatever999 and Lateana like this.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Make a toon in isle of refuge, get plat via Kronos, buy the, after 30 days xfer off.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Disrption Active Member

Yes Revanu that's true I was just hoping to play the game again in a grouping sense and not have others doing 250% more dps than a toon that missed the CD xpac.
  4. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Gear carryovers in a new expansion is terrible game design.
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Especially when it is not systematic.
    Observing and Ramone_AB like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

soooo,.. throw away ALL the work one did in an expansion01 for The_Brand_New_Game02 where everything is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT and start from scratch?!?!?

yeah,... they already do that; for proof, please note the hundreds of different coin types elder players carry with them,... Draconic Etyma anyone?
    Crock, Soara2, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  7. Laita Well-Known Member

Yeah, I missed CD (and the 3-4 years prior to that)… came back to test the waters, got caught up on pretty much everything but fervor... most I see are in the 250 range, and I'm @ 50 :(

Hard enough to get groups for current content, let alone to run last xpacs zones, so kinda crappy.. but keeps me casual and no point in spending $$ so, that's a win for me :)
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

if one has membership, then invest a little time into the Tradeskill hour-lies in the Anchorage, the [Solo] Weeklies and Dailies in Myrst, as well as the two PQs also in Myrst then one can collect the \aITEM 2131622667 -2146387869 0 0 0:[Archivist's Tremissis]\/a currency (and Status)

then coordinate transportation into Fabled Kael and make purchase of both

\aITEM 700397161 -1352351707 0 0 0:[Rune: Ragebourne Insight]\/a
    and
    \aITEM 1571462047 897828345 0 0 0:[Ragebourne Spiritstone]\/a
    {WARNING!! Ragebourne Insight Rune is LORE-EQUIP!!}

which each give 35 & 5 Fervor.

Complete Yun Zi's exploration quests and be able to buy (for FREE) the set Greater Aspect of Tol'Ren

\aITEM 465000653 706091611 0 0 0:[Daring Adventures of the Ascension of Tol'Ren]\/a

which when complete, the four together then give another 5 Fervor.

Lastly, read through your abilities, as I have been finding skills that now include an amount of Fervor too.

p.s.
    I am sure there are other items/adornments available for added Fervor, these are all I recall.
    edit:
    p.p.s
    These would be useful in [Heroic] and above content, as the Fount Buff in [Solo]s gives one 6 figures of Potency and >500 Fervor.
    Crock, Soara2, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  9. Disrption Active Member

Yes Laita that's the status I am in, no way to catch up damage-wise with someone with 250-300 Fervor with the 84 Fervor my strongest toon has. Without a way of catching up Fervor my wizard/warlock and monk are dead in the water.

Wunnfirr I see your point and it is valid, you should not have to give up all the work from last xpac. This kind of progression is hidden when you come back after missing CD, and is essentially preventing any returning or new player from taking part in a majority of the new content. This is slightly less than ideal.

Wunnfirr do you think I group a healer in BoL successfully without the large Fervor rating as it does not affect your heal amount?
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I have noted PoP and forward expansion beasties seem to respect one's skills, i.e. Adept vs. Grandmaster.(this is where all the RAIDers get their mommy's credit card to buy their way to GM and above skills)
    if your merc has been trained to have full gear and accolades (which Yun Zi gear can be worn by them too, accolades can be crafted) these should help.
    recall also, you and your merc(or friend healer) get the same Fount Buff in solos.
    one caveat I have noted, be patient, as the BoL zones are VERY long winded,...

as noted by eq2u alt-text definition of Fervor: "A percentage bonus to all your abilities (Spells, Combat Arts, and Heals) applied after all other modifiers." so Fervor does seem to apply to heals.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  11. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

You're not starting from scratch. It's not like you are rolling a brand-new level 110. The Sony expansions didn't have gear carryovers. The game was great then.
  12. Disrption Active Member

Wow it affects heals too. So that's it, go back and do all the content from previous xpac or you are really really gimped. The only way a returning player could compete is if they added runes like that this xpac a solo player could attain to catch up since their dps/heal amounts won't get them any love from the heroic setting based on that high of a Fervor multiplier being missing.

Well like Laita it prevents from spending any more on the game, to think a week ago I could upgrade my xpac to Premium and have enough Potency to join a heroic group.

Bubble popped...wish I knew that before I bought BoL at all.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

If it's still a current stat why isn't there a way to get it in current content?

I'm in the same boat I just came back before Christmas, but I'm trying not to care too much because I mainly solo. But I have to admit I did a bit of a happy dance when I finally got my potency over 140k. I don't like parsing like garbage but I thought until I read this thread I could blame my lack or experts and masters. Now I just have sad pants.

Why couldn't or can't they introduce a Fervor adornment? I mean last expansion was 10 levels lower, why hasn't it been updated in BoL?

In a word. Ridiculous.
  14. Nayawk New Member

The panda quest reward of divine potency is actually fervor if that hasn't been noted?
    Argosunited likes this.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

If you want those runes then organize a pick up raid and get them. Not sure what is going on with other servers but Halls of Fate has had a couple pick up raids for runes in the last couple weeks. The 55 fervor rune doesn't even require a raid. This game has always been the same. If you want something then you have to work for it. KA flawless and Power Raiders are also additional avenues to gain fervor.
    Stibbie, Raff and Drona like this.
  16. Laita Well-Known Member

So it's damn near impossible to get a group for current content as is, and the grand advice is to do a pick up raid? I'm not trying to be snarky, but really? lol... Listen, no one is asking for anything for free, but with the current state of the game, there's no incentive as a returning player to invest anything more than casual time (or play on the locked servers).. all anyone is saying is that these kind of runes should be available to work for in the current xpac.. if it was T1 raid last xpac, it should be heroic this xpac, or even a crazy solo achievement. Groups are few and far between, people don't want to carry returning players through zones bc they're sitting at 50 fervor when they can snatch someone else at 250...

Again, wasn't trying to sound snarky, but you're obviously in a good/active guild/server, and as such you don't know how badly things are stacked against returning players. Again, no one asking for anything for free... just that it be added to the current content and something to work towards, bc i'm not seeing anyone doing CD stuff, and if I could go in there and solo all those heroics and raids, I would, lol
    Observing, Crock, Whatever999 and 4 others like this.
  17. Obano Well-Known Member

I was a returning player myself last year and it was worse trying to come back during the CD era when the only way to get fervor was to run current raids and heroics. BoL makes the process easier by allowing returning players to gain fervor from trivialized content. A T1 raid from last expack is actually easier than current BoL Heroics.
    Raff and Drona like this.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a terrible game design. Every new expansion shall have a complite gear reset. It is one of the reasons, among many others, for the rapid decline of the curent player-base.

It takes a couple of weeks of doing an actual end-game content for a new WoW player to get a relatively good gear, the gear that allows one to be in line with the majority of players. In EQ2 on the other hand...walls, blocks, rng Hell, the old content. It's not hard to guess what game a new or returning player will choose.
  19. Sious Member

wait, let me get this straight
    first there is complaining we can't take stuff from last xpack into the new (ethereals / blue guk rune / ...) then we can do that and then there is complaining we can take stuff from last xpack ?

i honestly don't see a good solution that is good for all. I worked to get my ember / powe raider / ethereal and i would hate to see it go (i also would hate to know that they spend precious time to program those changes to that achievements don't give the rewards any more)
    On the other hand, EVERY single raid guild was locked on current content, if you came back after a long brake with the intention to raid, you joined a raid guild and i know i was bored enough to run T1 fire 2 weeks ago and get some pop power raider kills. It's not that i could hit something else ...

I agree that potency mitigation for T1 heroics is to high (would be better on 125-130 ) and rare rewards with more potency and 5 more resolve from final mob would be better.

But spend the time, create 2 groups and go kill pop stuff for power raider T1 / T2, there is lots to do that gives more dps to your character if you want to do it. the lack of heroic groups comes from the lack of pll willing to pug, the lack of pug comes from the fear of getting 3-4 carryies.
    Raff, Drona and Obano like this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I think you'll find people are 'complaining' that there is no way to get the fervor in the CURRENT expansion. I think that's a pretty legit complaint considering it's still a required stat.
    I don't personally care what you or anyone else is using from one or ten expansions ago tbh.