Overseer Missions - A thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfgyr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The stuff I currently have listed is what was there when I looked at them however many days ago. I suppose they could have changed the boxes, so I'll pay attention today.
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, after finishing reading the Forums, I cranked up the game and checked the Overseer. Sure enough, I found the same thing, pretty much. I created a new Bug Report for this issue, so if you are getting "bait and switch" chests, please go upvote the issue, and list the aLink if you see the problem in a different crate than the one I encountered.
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  3. Gnomfu Active Member

so we are bugging this as hopefully a display issue and that we continue to get the full list of loot or as a development issue to question why they nerfed the chest rewards?
    I've not looted the chest as i ran then before logging last night, so not sure if we continue to get original loot or new dumbed down version.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's pretty certain that they didn't really change the items possible for a chest. They just changed the Examine window.
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

As far as I know nothing has changed with the rewards themselves. It appears to be a display bug.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The rewards have definitely changed. Unless I was lucky before, and extremely unlucky now.
    The collection pieces I've received since last update are common Blinding pieces. Prior to that I was receiving some rare looking collection pieces.
    Prior to the update I can't remember even receiving an infuser. Now 99% of mission rewards have been infusers.
    That is for all missions, 3 hour, 10 hour and 1 hour.

Needless to say the novelty for me has now worn off.
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Treson Member

I managed to get a 10 hour quest today and it returned the following:

Fabled Chest - 22 possible 160-165 resolve jewelry items.
    Mythical Bonus Chest - 1 single 165 ring (rubbish reward for the rarest reward type)

I received an infuser and another mission, neither of which are listed anywhere as a possible reward! I regret paying for premium now if they cant make a reward chest display exactly the same as other reward chests have worked in the past. Not to mention the crap rewards.

WHY isn't this a mobile app that people can access anywhere (more DBC potential) and What is the point if all we're going to get is gear thats the same as sig-line rewards.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Oh, the rewards definitely changed. And even if they didn't the rewards are terrible, even for "free," which they really aren't.
    dirgenoobforreal and Rhodris like this.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

As far as rewards go, it seems most player (including me) got Standard infuser rewarded for 10 hour missions yesterday. You know the infuser you can get multiple times from SOLO Content (Chest and Missions)..........

I have a different issue, i was rewarded the legendary mission "Reacquire the Idol of Solusek Ro" a couple of days ago. However the mission disappeared/vanished. Up till now i couldn't do the mission once as its not being offered.

Also please make the Mission Coins either lore or destroyable, most player don't unpacking the smaller missions and they start to pile up.
    Lateana likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I do think that the FABLED, CELESTIAL, and MYTHICAL versions of the reward crates/bonus crates need to NOT contain infusers, no-trait Overseer Agents, or Treasured Overseer Missions. And certainly not a handful of common rares, ever.

I'm okay with the TREASURED boxes giving out junk, and only slightly annoyed when a LEGENDARY box does so... but getting junk from a FABLED box is REALLY unhappy-making.

The server will push a random seven Missions to you daily. We have zero control over which Missions we get. Also, note that Mishap missions show up when you have an Agent suffer a Mishap, but despite the length of the Mishap Missions, they only reward Treasured crates.
    Xianthia, Breanna, Zynt and 4 others like this.
  11. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I got straight jacked on my fabled and mythical reward crates yesterday. Infusers, standard collections from The Blinding, and a handful of common harvests (Why would I ever need a couple of common harvests when I've got 1000s of each in my depot) and a no trait overseer that I already have 17 copies of anyway.

Today I got an Empyral Armorsmith 115 (the value of that is a different story) a 10 day mount reduction, and an extra barding slot. I also got some more garbage collection pieces but I'll take that bad since there was some good. Things have still changed, intentionally or otherwise.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I got more infusers, common as mud collection pieces and a treasured agent today. :(
  13. Gnomfu Active Member

I really wish there was some alternative to RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG to getting books / better missions.

Today's selection : 4 @ 1hr, 1 @1hr 30 mins and 1@ 2hrs. I had a 6hr mishap running during the night. Since last patch I've had 0 missions as rewards and I believe the longest I have found previously was 1 @ 3hrs or 3hrs 30mins

Something has changed with loot priority or chest content. before I was getting a couple of missions per day and no shiny rewards and since last patch it's been numerous shiny rewards and no missions.
    Gillymann and Argosunited like this.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ever Sence eq2 started pushing macro transactions, I've had this lingering suspicion the devs tinker with the underlying loot tables and drop rates depending on how shop sales/server activity.

If it's any consolation, people who don't log are unlikely to spend a single penny in the shop, so you may find loot tables miraculously open up a bit in a few months.
    Rhodris likes this.
  15. Gnomfu Active Member

Didn't think there is anything in shop that i could purchase to help overseer missions / TS books. I could see if they started to treat the shop like LoTRO and you could buy tradeskill books, but this seems to frustrate people for no reason.
  16. Tocino the Troubadour Active Member

After reading this, I started getting Essence of Chaos....in my BONUS crates. I blame having read this thread as the cause.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Spell research. (Scarcity = books/ability/component drops).

Look to whatever the dominant leveling systems are and how they effect progression. This year for example, we've had a character levels increase.

Eventually, all the books will surface and those folks will charge a fortune. In the mean time, the the raiding/p2w crowd will hit the research button.

Eq2 rarely works a direct p2w, it's almost always indirect and tied to scarcity of some required objects needed for progression. The cash shop is then positioned as a good alternative.
    Rhodris likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, my experience is that in raiding guilds, we tend to swap books around to whoever's main crafter. That means that the raid gets one of each flavor of crafter geared out as fast as possible to make Experts and (when they're worth a dang) MC gear. Then after that, we still trade around books, both crafting books and masters, because the idea is to make the whole raid better. I think we're still missing some Shadowed Scholar Studies ## books, but we do the best we can as we get 'em.

An awful lot of the people playing EQ2 are older, and lemme tell you, Disability and/or Medicare means you budget tightly. Gaming is a priority for me, so I budget my subscription. But I think there are fewer people laying out several hundred bucks to research spells than you may believe.

Being a raider, I did a lot of work on researching and upgrading all my Ascensions the last two expansions, and those are still working. It's just a handful of profession spells that are really really useful that need upgrading (I think every class has a bunch of crap spells that do maybe a 100 points of buff or debuff, or that take more time to cast than their damage is worth, that we don't ever actually use!)
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

I've seen people mention they don't add the 1 hour quests to their quest inventory. How do you know how long a quest is?

I just got The Throne of Emperor Fyst - no where does it give me any indication of what sort of quality or time it will have.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Unless you have it scribed, the only way to know would be to check the wiki, which lists the missions by type of reward and shows the time each takes where we know it..
    Caela and Breanna like this.